• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: NX Handheld Dimensions, Layout Info, Lack of Region Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodin

And Wii was going for what was then considered a niche. Plus I don't know that they're so convinced they can strike golden luck twice in a lifetime.
A commercial success of that scale has less to do with luck and more to do with accurate research, planning, marketing and other things. I'm not saying that they will repeat the Wii success with the NX (especially considering that i can hardly see the appeal of the concept we're discussing, and i hope i'm wrong btw), but the success they had during the Wii-DS era has nothing to do with "luck".

Speaking of this, it hit me last night. Wii launched with Zelda TP and Wii Sports. NX will launch with Zelda BoW and probably Mario Sports. And has motion controls. Only Red Steel is missing.
Let's hope it's being replaced by BG&E2 then.

Jackano

10do says clearly we should wait for 4pm today in germany before we call their article blickbaity or even cruel. If it is all just a joke they take it a little bit to serious.
But what could such a little website really know? I think absolutly nothing. It will be a terrible hoax in the end which will kill the reputation of the site forever.

IIRC we've got direct leaks from the Nintendo teams in Germany before. If this is in the form of a Direct, I'll say the chance isn't null. I believe it's clickbait, though.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Hmm?

lmao.

_________

Re: NX news, Paper Mario: Color Splash is releasing Oct 7th 2016. Should we really expect any NX news before that date? Wouldn't they rather get all the main Wii U games out of the way first then announce anything NX?

Pokemon sun/moon would be more relevant.

Malus

Well, it's not just a plain joke. But it is obviously not an official Direct either. C'mon guys even the original news was full of subtle indications so everyone could smell the satire. The second announcement was even more obvious.

There will be an official statement today alongside with our video. And if you like, I will translate some of it and post it here as well.

We are sorry, if you got it wrong. But it was 1) never meant to go worldwide and 2) we didn't expect that media and fans would be really that blind and naive.

Oh really lol. It's the fans and media's fault for being "blind and naive" when they think a news site is actually reporting something rather than making a joke or "satire." Clearly it wasn't obvious enough that everyone could tell, the only one here who recognized it as a joke was somebody who apparently knew an editor. The second announcement is what confirmed to us it was a dumb fake.

If anything, it's naive not to expect it to go worldwide when it's big news placed on the front page of the dang website.

Maiar_m

A commercial success of that scale has less to do with luck and more to do with accurate research, planning, marketing and other things. I'm not saying that they will repeat the Wii success with the NX (especially considering that i can hardly see the appeal of the concept we're discussing, and i hope i'm wrong btw), but the success they had during the Wii-DS era has nothing to do with "luck".

Let's hope it's being replaced by BG&E2 then.

Alright, but if you concede the Wii success to business acumen, then the WiiU fiasco shouldn't totally make you doubt their ability to plan the NX in the same methodical fashion. I'm personally not so sure the Wii wasn't - granted - a mixture of good research / market knowledge and lightning in a bottle. Regardless, it did prove the commercial sense of targeting what's perceived as a niche market but can turn out to be a considerable cash resource.

The niche that includes 60 million people currently.

Also, your post sounds like you don't care at all about games and you buy hardware only based on perceived power or size.

Absolutely not. I will buy it for sure. I've literally only got a PS4 in the past month and I love my 3ds and Wii U. I'm more questioning whether the market is there for the device that will see it take off. I'd personally like nothing more than for it to be a success but smartphone power and saturation has increased in the past few years. I hope I'm wrong.

robo2000

Neo Member
I don't know what's killing me more:
- The NX wait
- The NX announcement wait
- The announcement for the NX announcement wait
- The dumb, unfounded yet undying hope that we'll see a good Metroid on NX
- The even dumber, more unfounded yet still undying hope that we'll see this Metroid sooner rather than later
- Repeat the last two, but substitute Metroid with F-Zero.

LOL same here.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Well, it's not just a plain joke. But it is obviously not an official Direct either. C'mon guys even the original news was full of subtle indications so everyone could smell the satire. The second announcement was even more obvious.

There will be an official statement today alongside with our video. And if you like, I will translate some of it and post it here as well.

We are sorry, if you got it wrong. But it was 1) never meant to go worldwide and 2) we didn't expect that media and fans would be really that blind and naive.
Well, as a German, I think the text in itself was not worded in a way that it is obvious. Due to the fact it was more or less a solitary report of a single, German, site, posted via Facebook, it was obvious the news was not true, but the text itself is not that clear-cut "satire".

Lutherian

I know about this, but Federation Force bombed HARD.

As predicted. Now, they know that we want a Metroid with Samus in the style of Prime and/or Fusion/Zero Mission.

Off course, Metroid isn't a big selling franchise, but still. Imagine if Nintendo makes Metroid Prime IV for NX and Metroid 5 for 3DS, like they did with Metroid Prime for GC and Metroid 4: Metroid Fusion on GBA.

That would be Chozo tits of awesomness. Everyone is happy,
except Other M fans.

As predicted. Now, they know that we want a Metroid with Samus in the style of Prime and/or Fusion/Zero Mission.

Off course, the Metroid games aren't big selling games, but still. Imagine if Nintendo makes Metroid Prime IV for NX and Metroid 5 for 3DS, like they did with Metroid Prime for GC and Metroid 4: Metroid Fusion on GBA.

That would be Chozo tits of awesomness. Everyone is happy,
except Other M fans.

I loved the majority of Other M (pretty much everything except THE cutscenes, you know which ones), and my mind would be blown if we got either Metroid Prime IV or Metroid 5 (let alone both).

But one can only hope for so long. I'm losing my mind here!

ggx2ac

Random thought.

Would Nintendo port Mario Kart 8 to 3DS and put the sequel on NX?

Mario Kart 8 is one of biggest selling titles on Wii U. Have that ported to 3DS while a sequel is made for NX because there may be more of an overlap between NX users and people who owned Mario Kart 8 on Wii U.

Hermii

Speaking of this, it hit me last night. Wii launched with Zelda TP and Wii Sports. NX will launch with Zelda BoW and probably Mario Sports. And has motion controls. Only Red Steel is missing.

Mario sports is nothing like Wii Sports. The latter was the right game at the right time because of its innovative Control scheme that showed off the capabilities of the console. The former is just another Mario spinoff title.

Random thought.

Mario Kart 8 is one of biggest selling titles on Wii U. Have that ported to 3DS while a sequel is made for NX because there may be more of an overlap between NX users and people who owned Mario Kart 8 on Wii U.

I doubt that would be technologically possible whitout butchering the game with downgrades.

Clessidor

Random thought.

Doubt it. They already had MK7. I could only see that they will use MK8 as a basis for MK9 and therefore take a lot of the content (drivers, vehicle, stages) over without it beeing a straight port.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Mario sports is nothing like Wii Sports. The latter was the right game at the right time because of its innovative Control scheme that showed off the capabilities of the console. The former is just another Mario spinoff title.

How do you know Mario Sports on NX won't use motion controls?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
The worst part about NX rumors are the games, so far.
I mean, not expecting a PS4Neo level of home console hw from Nintendo is normal, nowadays; a very powerful portable device able to even skip over the Vita generation, being able to run many engines/assets, being able to get both Japanese, Indie and full-Nintendo support is very promosing, the possibility to plug it on the TV to output games on a big screen with good resolution interesting (for a portable). Of course the home console lovers are afraid about them skipping the "normal" home console segment, but still...

What so far has been undewhelming are the rumored games.

Many Wii U ports: Mario Maker, Splatoon, Smash..I already own those games and I've played them a lot.

Pikmin 4: great, I love it. But the recent 2D spinoff worried me.

Mario Sports Superstars: god, probably cross platform, but still apparently not a proper "Strikers" game (in terms of depth of gameplay, uniqueness of style and so on)

Mario platform and Pokemon rumored are pretty safe bets. I mean, it is a Nintendo platform.

It's not the same as a possible rumor about Metroid, or Fzero, or new IPs or something really exciting.
The only exciting game so far has been Beyoind Good &Evil 2, imho. I'd like to see other sites back that rumor honeslty.

Even worst for the announced games:

Zelda BotW: Great. But I have a Wii U. So I'll play it there, probably.
Dragon Quest X: will never be localized for the West, imho, at this point.
Dragon Quest XI: will arrive...in 2020.
Sonic Project: I like Sonic, but the CGI trailer told me nothing about the game.
Just Dance 17: LOL

So, I'd REALLY appreciate (reliable) rumors about GAMES, man.

Lutherian

I loved the majority of Other M (pretty much everything except THE cutscenes, you know which ones), and my mind would be blown if we got either Metroid Prime IV or Metroid 5 (let alone both).

But one can only hope for so long. I'm losing my mind here!

I'm making fun of you (sorry !), I have lots of griefs against Other M but there's still some bits I like.

I'm dying too for a new Metroid, I need my fix !

Now, I'm wondering what could Kensuke Tanabe and Yoshio Sakamoto would make if they work together on a new Metroid.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I think his point is that said motion control would no longer be considered innovative.

I don't know. They live a second life through VR now. They worked well with a number of games, including Splatoon quite recently.

If indeed they will work as motion controls and not waggle and they would feel like the Vive controls feel in terms of feedback (this was given as example for the new rumble tech in it), they would be quite innovative compared to Wii. Just feel the ball hitting the tennis racket. Or the baseball bat.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
His point is the innovative control scheme.

They will need to have something of that effect to have Wii level first impressions.

See above. Can you feel it?

Can you feel the crossbow stretching in Zelda?

Who knows? Let's see the reveal and judge the impressions then.

TLZ

Banned
Yep, just noticed.

I've got nothing but to wait now and I do hope we know something official very soon because in all honesty my brain's exhausted at this point.

Clessidor

The worst part about NX rumors are the games, so far.
I mean, not expecting a PS4Neo level of home console hw from Nintendo is normal, nowadays; a very powerful portable device able to even skip over the Vita generation, being able to run many engines/assets, being able to get both Japanese, Indie and full-Nintendo support is very promosing, the possibility to plug it on the TV to output games on a big screen with good resolution interesting (for a portable). Of course the home console lovers are afraid about them skipping the "normal" home console segment, but still...

Many Wii U ports: Mario Maker, Splatoon, Smash..I already own those games and I've played them a lot.

Pikmin 4: great, I love it. But the recent 2D spinoff worried me.

Mario Sports Superstars: god, probably cross platform, but still apparently not a proper "Strikers" game (in terms of depth of gameplay, uniqueness of style and so on)

Mario platform and Pokemon rumored are pretty safe bets. I mean, it is a Nintendo platform.

It's not the same as a possible rumor about Metroid, or Fzero, or new IPs or something really exciting.
The only exciting game so far has been Beyoind Good &Evil 2, imho. I'd like to see other sites back that rumor honeslty.

Even worst for the announced games:

Zelda BotW: Great. But I have a Wii U. So I'll play it there, probably.
Dragon Quest X: will never be localized for the West, imho, at this point.
Dragon Quest XI: will arrive...in 2020.
Sonic Project: I like Sonic, but the CGI trailer told me nothing about the game.
Just Dance 17: LOL

Well we still don't know what Retro is doing and I think a new Animal Crossing is speculated as well.
I would even say that they would need one big traditional home console title (Zelda), one big traditional handheld title (like Animal Crossing) for the launch window to support the hybrid idea.
Also I also feel like at launch there should be a title which people will always associate with the console. Like Mario 64 on the N64, Luigi's Mansion on the GC and Wii Sports on the Wii are for me at least.
Funny is for the Wii U the title I associate with the launch is Zombi U.
We really should wait what they were working on. A lot of the Nintendo teams we aren't really shure about.

[...]

[...]

I think that those countless threads of hw speculation are tedious and mind numbing and the far more interesting thing would be software speculation.
But I guess credible rumors would be highly scarce for any remotely interesting title. Just look at the recent 3DS direct: Not a single self-proclaimed insider knew anything of the not previously known releases (SMM for 3DS, Yoshi's Wooly World for 3DS...). If we're talking multi-plat titles, sure sources inside EA or whatever would know if FIFA also comes to NX. But because there are no outside partners involved as with hardware, I think Nintendo will continue to keep exciting software very secret until they want to reveal it.

Rodin

That Mario Sports title actually makes tons of sense as a launch title, it's perfect for those detachable controllers.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Well we still don't know what Retro is doing and I think a new Animal Crossing is speculated as well.
I would even say that they would need one big traditional home console title (Zelda), one big traditional handheld title (like Animal Crossing) for the launch window to support the hybrid idea.
Also I also feel like at launch there should be a title which people will always associate with the console. Like Mario 64 on the N64, Luigi's Mansion on the GC and Wii Sports on the Wii are for me at least.
Funny is for the Wii U the title I associate with the launch is Zombi U.
We really should wait what they were working on. A lot of the Nintendo teams we aren't really shure about.

yes, just to clarify, I'm not saying "NX lineup sucks", but that I'd vastly prefer software rumors over the hw specs rumor, at this point.

Franz Brötchen;216010156 said:
I think that those countless threads of hw speculation are tedious and mind numbing and the far more interesting thing would be software speculation.
But I guess credible rumors would be highly scarce for any remotely interesting title. Just look at the recent 3DS direct: Not a single self-proclaimed insider knew anything of the not previously known releases (SMM for 3DS, Yoshi's Wooly World for 3DS...). If we're talking multi-plat titles, sure sources inside EA or whatever would know if FIFA also comes to NX. But because there are no outside partners involved as with hardware, I think Nintendo will continue to keep exciting software very secret until they want to reveal it.

You are right, they are very secretative about the entire project and are even better at keeping games under silence

Maiar_m

You fundamentally do not understand Blue Ocean strategy if you think that the wii was targetting a 'niche'.
It was targetting uncatered markets.

I think that's is what it FOUND, not necessarily what its prime core target was. Blue ocean strategy sounds good, but I'm not sure they went at it as their only aim, but as a hopeful fallout. I may be wrong and it's as I've said earlier, I'm not so keen on crediting Nintendo with that much market research and vision acumen. It's my pessimistic side.

Oh really lol. It's the fans and media's fault for being "blind and naive" when they think a news site is actually reporting something rather than making a joke or "satire." Clearly it wasn't obvious enough that everyone could tell, the only one here who recognized it as a joke was somebody who apparently knew an editor. The second announcement is what confirmed to us it was a dumb fake.

If anything, it's naive not to expect it to go worldwide when it's big news placed on the front page of the dang website.

Don't be that guy. You got played, now own up to it.
I think that's is what it FOUND, not necessarily what its prime core target was. Blue ocean strategy sounds good, but I'm not sure they went at it as their only aim, but as a hopeful fallout. I may be wrong and it's as I've said earlier, I'm not so keen on crediting Nintendo with that much market research and vision acumen. It's my pessimistic side.

Then you are ignoring years of presentations and the actual initial unveiling of the damn thing. Honestly this isn't pessimism, it's willful ignorance, with a side of sticking your fingers in your ears screaming lalalalalala at the top of your lungs.

LordRaptor

What, speaking explicitly about how traditional controllers were alienating to people who don't play videogames and then releasing both a Touchscreen centred device, and a Motion centred device whose controllers were explicitly designed to mimic the form factor of tv remote controls was just luck?
Come the fuck on.

They identified a large section of the population don't play videogames for whatever reason, including people who used to and now don't.
They created devices to cater to that audience.
They were hugely successful doing so.

What, speaking explicitly about how traditional controllers were alienating to people who don't play videogames and then releasing both a Touchscreen centred device, and a Motion centred device whose controllers were explicitly designed to mimic the form factor of tv remote controls was just luck?
Come the fuck on.

They identified a large section of the population don't play videogames for whatever reason, including people who used to and now don't.

Like I said, denying that Nintendo knew exactly what they were going for with the Wii is just willful ignorance. That is also exactly why the WiiU was such a disaster. It didn't just fall short of the Wii in sales, but it also displayed a complete misreading of the market and where to go next. This was readily evident by 2009 when you could tell they were happy to milk the Wii/DS until it was bled dry. But it was still shocking to see a company who pulled off the biggest reversal of fortunes in this entire industry with one two hit combo of platforms, to completely fall apart thanks to hubris and complacency.

I think the WiiU Fallout was also thanks to Nintendo themselves destroying their own market playing right into Apples hand, and Apple despite not giving a fuck about games becoming the de-facto platform for casual and mobile game consumption.

Maiar_m

Then you are ignoring years of presentations and the actual initial unveiling of the damn thing. Honestly this isn't pessimism, it's willful ignorance, with a side of sticking your fingers in your ears screaming lalalalalala at the top of your lungs.

Is it? Fine, sorry it comes across that way. What "years of presentations" are you talking about? Early in the Wii cycle it didn't seem to me like they were targeting that Blue Ocean, but a niche made of the emerging "casual" players, interested in simpler control schemes (as opposed to anyone and their grandmothers). And it payed through this niche, as far as I understand, introducing the console to that Blue Ocean - as a side effect, if you will. The presentations that followed and which tried to then address that newfound audience were a notable shift (Wii Music hello, vitality sensor etc...) and failed to find said audience, as far as I know.

And I may be uninformed on the hard data asserting that Nintendo's strategy was directed directly at non-gaming audience first and foremost, or that their subsequent efforts didn't fail. If it does exist, then sure yeah, consider my ears unplugged and my respect for their marketing teams renewed (which is saying a lot considering the past years debacle :D).

I'm just questioning the idea that Nintendo's core target for the Wii was really that more-than-large audience. I'm however praising them for the ability to bet on a core niche target unfolding into a secondary much larger market.

Come the fuck on.

I don't think it was just luck. I think it played a role. And hindsight is 20/20, but at the time the market you are describing was thought of as a niche, which is what I'm arguing here. It certainly didn't turn out to be so small after all because it led them to "the general public". If you guys are arguing that "the general public" was the core target first, it questions my marketing background teachings but you may know better.

I agree with all your other statements. I didn't contradict them. I fail to understand the angry tone or the ignorance claims, but sure. Sorry for engaging.

Wildean

The token, more "mature" Ubisoft game is missing. Red Steel. ZombiiU. Beyond Good & Evil 2? (I wish!)

LordRaptor

And hindsight is 20/20, but at the time the market you are describing was thought of as a niche, which is what I'm arguing here.

No, again, you do not understand the concept of Blue Ocean.

There is literally no reason why videogames as an entertainment medium should be limited to ~100-150 million out of a global population of 6 billion other than thats what the red ocean producers are catering towards.

It wasn't even a novelty to think of making games that would appeal to - shock horror - girls instead of the usual boys club. Something like The Sims found huge success by tapping uncatered audiences.

There are huge swathes of people that the traditional gaming market have literally alienated by not giving a shit about and not catering towards.
The rise of mobile gaming post Wii just hammers that point home.
Regular people who - for whatever reason - are not buying consoles are a majority, not a minority. They are not a niche.

I feel like this is the worst week for a chance of NX news.

Monday- holiday so no news
Tuesday- Pokemon so no news on NX
Wednesday- Apple/Sony conference/meeting so no NX news
Thursday- chance of NX news
Friday- no news being Japan will already be Friday night/Saturday

Might as well look forward to next week lol

Is it? Fine, sorry it comes across that way. What "years of presentations" are you talking about? Early in the Wii cycle it didn't seem to me like they were targeting that Blue Ocean, but a niche made of the emerging "casual" players, interested in simpler control schemes (as opposed to anyone and their grandmothers). And it payed through this niche, as far as I understand, introducing the console to that Blue Ocean - as a side effect, if you will. The presentations that followed and which tried to then address that newfound audience were a notable shift (Wii Music hello, vitality sensor etc...) and failed to find said audience, as far as I know.

And I may be uninformed on the hard data asserting that Nintendo's strategy was directed directly at non-gaming audience first and foremost, or that their subsequent efforts didn't fail. If it does exist, then sure yeah, consider my ears unplugged and my respect for their marketing teams renewed (which is saying a lot considering the past years debacle :D).

I'm just questioning the idea that Nintendo's core target for the Wii was really that more-than-large audience. I'm however praising them for the ability to bet on a core niche target unfolding into a secondary much larger market.

Literally the very unveiling of both the DS and Wii already talked about this strategy. The first E3 showing, every single piece of Interview by Iwata, Reggie, Miyamoto from pre release focused on this. The entire Touch Generation Game Series on the DS. Everything was designed and marketed from the very inception to appeal to a mass market.

It was the most cohesive, perfectly executed product design and launch combo in this entire industry. Nothing even comes close with the possible exception of Sony launching the PS2.
To insinuate that this was luck or just a blind hen finding a grain is literally ignoring reality and substituting it with a made up fantasy based on nothing but bias.

Like I said, that's what made the follow up to this perfect execution so disastrous. It showed that Nintendo not only forgot that they had to do all this hard work in order to succeed, but that they actually managed to sabotage themselves with complacency to a point where their position in the market has gone from absolute domination to complete irrelevancy in just one fumbled launch. Not unlike Sony with the fumbled PS3 launch, but unlike Sony they actively destroyed any good will from 3rd parties along the way and maneuvered themselves into the ditch they're now in.

It just boggles the mind how they managed to fuck this up.

I feel like this is the worst week for a chance of NX news.

Monday- holiday so no news
Tuesday- Pokemon so no news on NX
Wednesday- Apple/Sony conference/meeting so no NX news
Thursday- chance of NX news
Friday- no news being Japan will already be Friday night/Saturday

Might as well look forward to next week lol

Are we on the weather channel?

Friday, Light Chance of NX News throughout the day
Saturday: Heavy Shitstorms expected to last through the entire weekend.

Literally the very unveiling of both the DS and Wii already talked about this strategy. The first E3 showing, every single piece of Interview by Iwata, Reggie, Miyamoto from pre release focused on this. The entire Touch Generation Game Series on the DS. Everything was designed and marketed from the very inception to appeal to a mass market.

It was the most cohesive, perfectly executed product design and launch combo in this entire industry. Nothing even comes close with the possible exception of Sony launching the PS2.
To insinuate that this was luck or just a blind hen finding a grain is literally ignoring reality and substituting it with a made up fantasy based on nothing but bias.

Like I said, that's what made the follow up to this perfect execution so disastrous. It showed that Nintendo not only forgot that they had to do all this hard work in order to succeed, but that they actually managed to sabotage themselves with complacency to a point where their position in the market has gone from absolute domination to complete irrelevancy in just one fumbled launch. Not unlike Sony with the fumbled PS3 launch, but unlike Sony they actively destroyed any good will from 3rd parties along the way and maneuvered themselves into the ditch they're now in.

It just boggles the mind how they managed to fuck this up.

The fucked it up because they had no will to release the natural successor of the ds : a smartphone.

Maiar_m

No, again, you do not understand the concept of Blue Ocean.

There is literally no reason why videogames as an entertainment medium should be limited to ~100-150 million out of a global population of 6 billion other than thats what the red ocean producers are catering towards.

It wasn't even a novelty to think of making games that would appeal to - shock horror - girls instead of the usual boys club. Something like The Sims found huge success by tapping uncatered audiences.

There are huge swathes of people that the traditional gaming market have literally alienated by not giving a shit about and not catering towards.
The rise of mobile gaming post Wii just hammers that point home.
Regular people who - for whatever reason - are not buying consoles are a majority, not a minority. They are not a niche.
I...I agree with all of this. And I at no point meant to contradict any of that. And I may not understand the concept of Blue Ocean as well as you do, apologies if the following just reinforce that denseness of mine.

A marketing strategy, as I've learned about them, is split in targets. The core target is the one you're primarily addressing. The secondary target (which might be larger and often is) is either reached through domino effect because the core target is seduced, or through secondary channels (not the brute force of your communication arsenal).

My argument was that the marketing efforts on the early Wii years was targeting the small part of that red ocean that could be interested in this alternative gaming platform, using them as opinion leader to then enforce the message to that secondary target - the blue ocean. It is my opinion that luck was involved there as the stage couldn't have been set up more perfectly, and that all of that staging wasn't of Nintendo's doing (it was coincidental with the time where digital devices / services and general geekness were less susceptible to be dismissed as unappealing by the masses).

Is this an acceptable opinion?

I don't insinuate is was just luck. I do think it was masterfully done, but I disagree that the marketing effort was targeted to an audience as large as their success makes it look like. Back then, I felt (possibly wrongly) that they were addressing a small audience within the gaming community but that their immediate communication wasn't getting through the mainstream, however that the small first audience had a powerful effect on triggering the secondary mass market. I may be wrong and uninformed on the data proving otherwise.

daakusedo

I didn't thought it would be a source of concern but with how the controller layout has been described in these rumours, like the right stick postion reminiscent of the 3ds dpad, it could be tiring to use.
And speaking about games, if retro is still not able to do a new ip...I give up, even grezzo could.
But more positively, still looking forward to splatoon 2 for the full fledged sequel treatment.
I imagine a e-liter sniper shot with those advanced rumble feedbacks...

wow, 100 pages.

And still no news, lol.
Maybe their strategy is not to reveal it? Comes March, we will get a tweet saying "NX is on sale at your favorite retailer!!! Come and get it to see what it is!!!"
And the box will just have a big question mark on it...
mysterybox.png

One of the biggest reasons to unveil it sooner rather than later has yet to be mentioned in this thread: consumer reaction. If there's wide and intense consumer backlash for the system, it'll leave Nintendo with very little window for its revision before March. The NDS hardware had to be revised after its E3 unveiling, and about 2 months before its launch.

LordRaptor

My argument was that the marketing efforts on the early Wii years was targeting the small part of that red ocean that could be interested in this alternative gaming platform, using them as opinion leader to then enforce the message to that secondary target - the blue ocean.

I just don't see how you can look at any of the messaging relating to the Wii as targetting NeoGAF (as shorthand for 'red market purchasers') primarily.

One of the biggest reasons to unveil it sooner rather than later has yet to be mentioned in this thread: consumer reaction. If there's wide and intense consumer backlash for the system, it'll leave Nintendo with very little window for its revision before March. The NDS hardware had to be revised after its E3 unveiling, and about 2 months before its launch.
Yeah, I forgot about that. They'll see consumer reaction when they show it, but how much can they do in 6 months? They could push the release to April or May just in case to make small changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom