• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: NX Handheld Dimensions, Layout Info, Lack of Region Lock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blame Eurogamer for saying a reveal in september :/
If this is wrong, all the other info may be too.
I've seen some people say that but i imagine internally planned reveal dates before we knew of the PS4 Neo show or the Apple event are more subject to change than specs and hardware details

^This. Great games. Even the small 8 bit games on 2 could pretty much stand up on their own. I loved thos games on Wii so whenever I hear about the idea of a third coming to a Nintendo console I pretty much react like this:

Same! Here's hoping they get HD ports of the first two with motion controls as well!

ggx2ac

Blame Eurogamer for saying a reveal in september :/
If this is wrong, all the other info may be too.

Eurogamer said:
Finally, we've heard from one source that NX planning has recently moved up a gear within Nintendo ahead of the console's unveiling, which is currently slated for September.

Someone pointed out the wording that it is currently slated for September, this was back in July.

As with any rumour, things may change, especially at the last minute.

It's a fog of war and we have no spies to send into NCL.

Edit: Oh and Eurogamer never updated anything about that reveal date since then.

Malus

So, Pascal chip shortages are back, and this should be right around when Nintendo needs their chips to enter volume production. Hm...

what does it mean

Wii got Madworld, Wii U got TW101 and Bayo 2 (and to a lesser extend Starfox), I wonder what if any Platinum exclusive(s) the NX might get.

Social

People act like September is over already. Next week, Nintendo will probably announce a direct or press event to share the details of their console. Last week of September I guess. If not then, we keep on waiting :(.

ggx2ac

People act like September is over already. Next week, Nintendo will probably announce a direct or press event to share the details of their console. Last week of September I guess. If not then, we keep on waiting :(.

I can't wait until it gets an announcement date and then when everyone goes to sleep before the day, you wake up and find out that it is January 1st 2016 and no one knows what you are talking about with regards to NX. You have to wait 9 months again for the reveal.

TLZ

Banned
Their reputation would take a huge hit if they got the system details wrong.
They're not that dumb.

Not that dumb but don't all devkits look nothing like the retail product? For all we know they might've been using a tablet with 2 attached controllers only for development because the final product would have the same mobile board or something similar in it.

Even though there's a great chance of information coming this month (or the next month over, three weeks away), I'm feeling...calm? As in, not much hype. It's weird. I guess it's just been a while; an announcement will probably fix it.

Not that dumb but don't all devkits look nothing like the retail product? For all we know they might've been using a tablet with 2 attached controllers only for development because the final product would have the same mobile board or something similar in it.

Very well could be. I just can't see the two controller thing making it's way to the final product. There hasn't been a compelling concept yet to make me believe it's feasible.

ChrisD

Even though there's a great chance of information coming this month (or the next month over, three weeks away), I'm feeling...calm? As in, not much hype. It's weird. I guess it's just been a while; an announcement will probably fix it.

Same, man. Maybe it's that I see this thread in my Subscriptions daily (and for some reason always read the latest posts every time), it all feels like old news. We're all just waiting around, twiddling thumbs. And personally, idc about the latest rumors. All rumors until proven otherwise, don't want to get excited over something that may not be.

It'll all flip once we get an official date/announcement, though. I'm just bored of the discussion around nothing.

I hope the NX adopts the 3DS's game log. Wii U's was better than the Wii but not as good as 3DS.
I hope they improve on it too.

Let me create a "session" where it shows a multiple session times and the total times. Being able to create multiple sessions can be great for replays or to show differences between single player and multiplayer playtimes. And show your total playtime by all the games, on 3DS it only shows yearly and you have to manually add up the playtime of each year to know your total playtime.

But please not worse than 3DS. You can't even show yearly or total game leaderboards on WiiU sheesh.

Roo

Well, week is gone, nothing happened... again

Now we can look forward to Monday. We'll get something then. I can feel it!!!

not really :(

I find it odd that the last couple of months we got bits of info from multiple sources and now all of a sudden everyone is quiet.

Yeah it's weird. Either Nintendo came to those leakers and "talked" to them or maybe there is a tiny chance their rumors were not completly correct and they go back and try to gather new infos from their sources.
Whatever it is, it is weird. Normally the more you get close to a reveal or launch the more leaks you get. Here it is the complete opposite of it.

Here's a question. Has any company ever done a fake leak where they create their own "source" to feed insiders info to leak out, pretending it's real info but as I said, turned out to be a deliberate lie by the company to keep folks guessing and be like "Surprise!" You thought it was this! ;)".

Like the detachable controllers, the dock, or whatever, could've been a fake created by Nintendo to fool us all and shock us in the end when like half the things are true, or none at all!

Not saying I don't believe the rumors, just saying, who knows! :p

Here's a question. Has any company ever done a fake leak where they create their own "source" to feed insiders info to leak out, pretending it's real info but as I said, turned out to be a deliberate lie by the company to keep folks guessing and be like "Surprise!" You thought it was this! ;)".

Like the detachable controllers, the dock, or whatever, could've been a fake created by Nintendo to fool us all and shock us in the end when like half the things are true, or none at all!

Apple used to be notorious for it, but Foxconn leaks and the like nowadays mean we know all the shit before they even have the opportunity to misdirect us.

Mr Swine

Banned

They would never do that with the risk of something small turning big and backfiring on them

Survivor would film fake Tribal Councils to make it harder for leakers to spoil who was voted off the island.

This is really hard to do.

Mainly, because any good rumor would not be shared unless the person heard it from more than one source.

Also, companies like Nintendo work with dozens of companies big and small, and they are far more likely to the origin of a leak than Nintendo itself. If there is one person you don't do a misinformation campaign against, it's your own software partners. They have to be given legitimate info.

Hermii

This is really hard to do.

Mainly, because any good rumor would not be shared unless the person heard it from more than one source.

Also, companies like Nintendo work with dozens of companies big and small, and they are far more likely to the origin of a leak than Nintendo itself. If there is one person you don't do a misinformation campaign against, it's your own software partners. They have to be given legitimate info.

But another thing they could do is to deliberately withheld major features they don't want leaked from early devkits then bring out the final devkits right after the reveal. Has this been done before?

Speely

Banned
NX

INXS

NX IS = INXS = Never Tear Us Apart

Detachable controller rumor debunked. Polaris home console confirmed. Someone call Bethesda.

I'm actually not too worried about the games for NX right now.

We're definitely getting Zelda BotW and Smash NX seems to have been rumored for a while (and makes a ton of sense). Those two alone do A LOT for me, especially if they're available out of the gate.

Then you gotta figure there's some Mario, maybe that rumored Pokemon title. Whatever. Pretty confident that Nintendo's strategy here will be similar to:
1. Strong launch lineup and support immediately following that.
2. The first thing will lead to gamers adopting the system quickly.
3. The second thing will show third parties that their is an audience for games/money making opportunities are available.
4. 3rd party games arrive, bringing in more consumers and then you're basically gravy.

And yeah, I do think having strong first party support is that important for Nintendo. Without it, nothing proves their system's worth to fans or other devs

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
So, Pascal chip shortages are back, and this should be right around when Nintendo needs their chips to enter volume production. Hm...
When did we not have pascal shortages?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
All the PS4 Pro and Scorpio talk makes me sad.

We wont see Zelda or Mario in 4K until 2026 :(
How about Zeda and Mario in 8K? 16K?

What's with people's gullibility to half-assed marketing campaigns?

Yeah, the 4K thing is unremarkable. Just another excuse for the industry to waste money chasing the high-end graphics crowd when they could focus on developing new genres, releasing more small-scale titles at lower prices, etc.

ggx2ac

Next week is TGS. Which means absolutely nothing for Nintendo unless they want third parties showing their NX games there.

The moment next week is over, people will wait for the week after.

All the while, other people are taking vacations. lol

?oe?oe

is this a clue? Only bones is capitalized, hmmmmm.
I gotcha:
angel-dancing.gif

Have to go deeper.

GamerJM

Banned
I'm going crazy, I somehow misread the last part of the topic title as "Legion of Rock," instead of "Region Lock," when I looked at it. My first thought was that sounds like a mod changed it, my second thought was that it sounded like a subtitle for a Guitar Hero game.

Yeah, the 4K thing is unremarkable. Just another excuse for the industry to waste money chasing the high-end graphics crowd when they could focus on developing new genres, releasing more small-scale titles at lower prices, etc.

Meh, the impressions of people seeing it on 4k HDR tvs tell a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom