• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reports on Russian connections to Trump [Summaries in OP] #GoldenShowers

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no hole deep enough that Trump's wallet can't dig himself out of. That's been a lesson he has subscribed to his entire life.

Seems like there's a lot of folks in denial posting today.
Denial that their nation's institutions have been forever polluted and compromised.

Can't you just admit that there's no coming back from this?
I mean, there's no coming back from global warming either at this point.

Humanity fucked up. It's okay. Perhaps we'll do better with our next planet.
At least you can tell your kids you were alive when, for a little while, integrity and the truth still mattered.

Wow, the nihilism on display here..

It's not the point of no return until everything is completely gone. We have to keep fighting, because while this can't be stopped we owe it to ourselves to try and mitigate the side effects while healing the problem.

Yes, there's going to be hell, but if we refuse to do anything the world will never stand a chance of getting better.

I agree that OT is generally pretty harsh on religion. But I can't say I don't see the point when people in actual power continue to use their religion to justify the discrimination of others.
The issue is that those who use their religion to justify discrimination are failing to read the Actual text. Despite being "protestants", a Christian movement built around the idea that the Bible is the only truth spiritually, they believe in shit like the Prosperity Gospel, or that Jesus and God think Gays should be shocked to death. They chose to believe that they are good Christians for turning away refugees, somehow missing that the crux of the Exodus is about refugees fleeing a country where they are persecuted.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
There is no hole deep enough that Trump's wallet can't dig himself out of. That's been a lesson he has subscribed to his entire life.

Denial that their nation's institutions have been forever polluted and compromised.

At least you can tell your kids you were alive when, for a little while, integrity and the truth still mattered.

There is precisely zero chance that a Trump presidency doesn't end in scandal and disgrace. We've moved on to worrying about a Pence/Ryan/Supreme Court landscape.

UberTag

It's not the point of no return until everything is completely gone. We have to keep fighting, because while this can't be stopped we owe it to ourselves to try and mitigate the side effects while healing the problem.

Yes, there's going to be hell, but if we refuse to do anything the world will never stand a chance of getting better.
Oh I agree with you on that point. I just want to ensure people understand that fighting correlates to protests like the ones being held this Saturday and writing to their representatives in Congress. Because posting on message boards in caps saying "Trump will get his eventually" over and over again isn't going to cut it.

We had an entire election campaign filled with that soft rhetoric and look what the end result was.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

The issue is that those who use their religion to justify discrimination are failing to read the Actual text. Despite being "protestants", a Christian movement built around the idea that the Bible is the only truth spiritually, they believe in shit like the Prosperity Gospel, or that Jesus and God think Gays should be shocked to death. They chose to believe that they are good Christians for turning away refugees, somehow missing that the crux of the Exodus is about refugees fleeing a country where they are persecuted.

Their version of their religion is equally valid, given none are actually supported by evidence.

I prefer the kinder version, but let's be honest here.

XenodudeX

Seems like this is shaping up to be just another controversy that everyone talks about for a few days and then is forgotten. Trump is invincible I guess.

Do you not realize that this shit will take MONTHS even YEARS to get to the bottom of? I'm pretty skeptical myself, but this shit is a slow ass process.

FFS. It's people saying shit like this that makes other people kill themselves.

Because what the fuck else of a purpose does a post like this serve?

Oh I agree with you on that point. I just want to ensure people understand that fighting correlates to protests like the ones being held this Saturday and writing to their representatives in Congress. Because posting on message boards in caps saying "Trump will get his eventually" over and over again isn't going to cut it.

Well saying the above shit isn't going to cut it either!

NOBODY FUCKING KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS IN THE FUTURE.

STOP ACTING AS IF YOU DO AND QUIT POSTING THIS FUCKING NIHILISTIC GARBAGE FOR FUCKS SAKE.

lol damn man calm down

there's good reason to be pessimistic about the future

It's one thing to be pessimistic.

It's another thing entirely to tell others that nothing matters anymore after this one election.

I see nihilistic posts like that as others telling people to kill themselves. I'm not suicidal, but damn if my motivation to keep doing everything I can aren't weakened by posts like that.

Nihilists are worse than anybody who supports an unfavourable political candidate.

Holy shit do you need a horse tranquilizer or

I apologize for my outburst, but this shit really has to stop. People need to offer more advice on what to do next, not tell people that nothing matters anymore.

Tomorrow is the big day. Something might come out to dampen the inauguration on Friday. Usually these leaks have come before big days in Trump's campaign like the leak the day before his press conference from Steele or the pussy gate stuff before the debate.

Avixph

Tomorrow is the big day. Something might come out to dampen the inauguration on Friday. Usually these leaks have come before big days in Trump's campaign like the leak the day before his press conference from Steele or the pussy gate stuff before the debate.
Let's hope you're right.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

Let's hope you are right. If anything happens I hope it happens on the weekend for now on.

Their version of their religion is equally valid, given none are actually supported by evidence.

I prefer the kinder version, but let's be honest here.

It's not equally valid, considering that they fucking profess to the Bible being their authority, not the Pope, and yet refuse to accept several of the teachings of Christ.

It's like basing a political party upon Karl Marx's "Communist Manifesto" but somehow having missed the points about abolition of private property, nationalization of a lot of industries, and free public education. At what point can they still claim to be communist?

It's the same way that the Christians who supported Trump, despite all his actions, beliefs, and values that go against the Bible/Pope/Patriach, can barely be considered Christian. Sure, they believe in Jesus, but they have the secondary god/idol of Wealth,which is contradictory to the very idea of what a Christian is by both The Gospel text, the Nicean Creed, and the papal authorities.

It's not equally valid, considering that they fucking profess to the Bible being their authority, not the Pope, and yet refuse to accept several of the teachings of Christ.

It's like basing a political party upon Karl Marx's "Communist Manifesto" but somehow having missed the points about abolition of private property, nationalization of a lot of industries, and free public education. At what point can they still claim to be communist?

It's the same way that the Christians who supported Trump, despite all his actions, beliefs, and values that go against the Bible/Pope/Patriach, can barely be considered Christian. Sure, they believe in Jesus, but they have the secondary god/idol of Wealth,which is contradictory to the very idea of what a Christian is by both The Gospel text, the Nicean Creed, and the papal authorities.
Politics has basically become a sport. All of these "christians" would trade aways all the things you mentioned if it meant their favorite NFL team would win.

I disagree. I'd rather see an extremely detailed investigation team take its time to line up irrefutable evidence so the country can move on to articles of impeachment.

All I'm seeing now is rushed and scattered potshots that do nothing more than make news for a day at most.

We need ironclad proof to get rid of this immoral hate mongerer. Not half assed tabloid stories.

Hoping for some Hollywood style 11th hour turn around is a little fruitless; like others are saying, this isn't something that's going to suddenly explode out of nowhere and stop him from getting in.

No Seals busting through Trump Tower, no concrete link to Russian money laundering.

Griping about how pointless politics are and how the world is doomed is just as bad. Neither stance has any grounding in reality.

Zereta

The FBI investigating about Kremlin secretly pouring money into Trump's campaign is something that gets highlighted in the dossier, right? I've read all 35 pages but I forget.

So what, there is a FBI investigation into this and a Senate Intelligence Community one. DOJ is also investigating the FBI and Comey.

2017 is gonna be explosive huh.

Xtyle

The FBI investigating about Kremlin secretly pouring money into Trump's campaign is something that gets highlighted in the dossier, right? I've read all 35 pages but I forget.

So what, there is a FBI investigation into this and a Senate Intelligence Community one. DOJ is also investigating the FBI and Comey.

2017 is gonna be explosive huh.

With Trump in the house surely he will tried to cover up shit even with his bullying tactic.
I think a lot of people are seriously concerned if this doesn't go far enough, doesn't get to the root of it, doesn't expose all the shit that's in there now that Trump is going to get his arms and hands on the those agencies plus, we know he really really really know how to manipulate people with intimidation and such.

I am expecting (and hoping) that there are plans being prepared to impeach Trump as soon from day 1 as possible, to minimise the risk he poses. I also suspect that the grounds they use for impeachment will not be related to Russia (it will be because of his ties to Russia, but because of the magnitude and implications that would bring, they will use the sexual assault cases or something instead). Once he has been removed from office, I suspect he IC will continue their investigations, that way it wouldn't be so high profile when/if they press charges.

I am expecting (and hoping) that there are plans being prepared to impeach Trump as soon from day 1 as possible, to minimise the risk he poses. I also suspect that the grounds they use for impeachment will not be related to Russia (it will be because of his ties to Russia, but because of the magnitude and implications that would bring, they will use the sexual assault cases or something instead). Once he has been removed from office, I suspect he IC will continue their investigations, that way it wouldn't be so high profile when/if they press charges.

You must be dreaming.

jelly

I think at this point. his business deals and conflict of interest will sink him. Won't he basically ignore the law with regards to that on the 20th. There is too many opportunities for him and his friends to not trip up. The press and IC will be on his back. Only a matter of time before he is impeached. I think they've probably lined it up already but will just use him as wrecking ball for a short time then hang him out to dry.

Mr Swine

Banned
I think at this point. his business deals and conflict of interest will sink him. Won't he basically ignore the law with regards to that on the 20th. There is too many opportunities for him and his friends to not trip up. The press and IC will be on his back. Only a matter of time before he is impeached. I think they've probably lined it up already but will just use him as wrecking ball for a short time then hang him out to dry.

Isn't it possible that the GOP and Republicans simply ignore what Trump does and blames the Dems for this?

Jobbs

Banned
Isn't it possible that the GOP and Republicans simply ignore what Trump does and blames the Dems for this?

GOP/republicans will shrug off or deflect anything and everything Trump does and blame Obama/dems for everything.

If they repeal healthcare and 7 million of Trump's base lose their coverage, they'll blame dems/Obama -- watch.

There's no political cost to anything anymore

BowieZ

Banned

lol at the Putin employee comment:

Нашим пенсионерам денег едва хватает на продукты питания и оплату коммунальных услуг, а они тут про "помощь хакерам" придумывают. Еще бы в пособничестве терроризму обвинили, было бы еще смешнее! Тупые, продажные американские журналисты потеряли остатки здравого смысла, соревнуясь друг с другом в цинизме и лизоблюдстве! Хватит плясать под дудку Обамы и олигархов!

Our seniors barely enough money for food and utilities, and they're about "helping hackers" come up. Still supporting terrorism accused, it would be even funnier! Stupid, corrupt American journalists have lost all remnants of common sense, competing with each other in cynicism and pandering! Enough to dance to the tune of Obama and the oligarchs!
-- Vyacheslav Tryahov

They're in this shit Trump plaza for at least two years. That way they can have Pence take over in 2018 and still be eligible for two full terms of his own. Long game from these skunks

I do find it curious that Trump hasn't tweeted about phony intelligence since it was announced that a slew of agencies are digging into potential financial ties between himself and Russia.

He's usually quick to tweet about how unfair people treat him and how the intelligence community is rubbish.

Not that it means anything, I just find it curious haha.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
I do find it curious that Trump hasn't tweeted about phony intelligence since it was announced that a slew of agencies are digging into potential financial ties between himself and Russia.

He's usually quick to tweet about how unfair people treat him and how the intelligence community is rubbish.

Not that it means anything, I just find it curious haha.

He also refused to answer whether he has any connections between himself and Russia on national TV .

People are all nuts about the Emolument clause but they seem to have not read it.

no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.

Congress just has to say "eh, this is ok" and he is completely clear on this.

GOP/republicans will shrug off or deflect anything and everything Trump does and blame Obama/dems for everything.

If they repeal healthcare and 7 million of Trump's base lose their coverage, they'll blame dems/Obama -- watch.

There's no political cost to anything anymore

Not fucking true. Be patient and wait.

Blaming Obama or the Dems isn't this fucking Magic invincible barrier that's going to make them invincible to everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom