• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed [WE DO IT!]

strafer

So this is what they're doing from now on...remaking old titles?

Well then, go for something better than RE2 and do Dino Crisis.

Jawmuncher

Someday Dino Crisis, Someday.

somedayd1svk.png

--------

Already talked to death about RE2 in the other thread we have. Nice to see it confirmed. As I said I would like REmake style, but i'm down for whatever they bring. I buy every Resident Evil title anyway.

REmake 2
Shenmue 3
Dragon Quest 11
Fallout 4
The Last Guardian
FF7 Remake

Whats next? Seems like everything we've been waiting for is getting announced this year.

Diablos54

Finally!!!!! Been waiting for this since REmake, hopefully it's up to the quality of the first! Please god don't fuck this up Capcom, no third person aiming crap for a start!

Tagyhag

Ok, sure. It was my favorite of the original 3, just not sure how well it will hold up.

At least it'll have my man rookie cop Leon S Kennedy.

Squire

Banned
Bananas.

Where is RE7? Seems suspect this is happening before that when it's presumably been in the works for a while...

MrS

Banned
I didn't want them to remake it (is nothing sacred?) but no doubt I'll be there day one when it launches.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
this. i have a feeling that's exactly what we'll be getting.
They are doing REmake 2 because f how well the REmake Reamster sold. Now take a guess how REmake 2 will look.... Given the reason for the project it wouldn't make any sense to do a RE4 type of gameplay.

Levito

Banned
Resident Evil 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and I don't know how to feel about this. IT's cool for sure, but goodness if they change the gameplay and make it like Resident Evil Revelations I'll be pretty heartbroken.

FUCK YES!

Please be like REmake! I mean just imagine, 4K prerendered backgrounds and fixed camera angles!

This is just stupidly exciting!

Someday Dino Crisis, Someday.

--------

Already talked to death about RE2 in the other thread we have. Nice to see it confirmed. As I said I would like REmake style, but i'm down for whatever they bring. I buy every Resident Evil title anyway.

There's still hope, I think... Don't give up!

So I guess it simply won't be a HD remaster of RE2 Remake and instead will be a full-on remake? Just hope Capcom doesn't botch the game too much if that's the case.
There never was a REmake 2. This would be the first time re2 gets the remake treatment.

It better have all 4 campaigns in it because I need an excuse to do that again.

Top Bottom