• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 2 Remake Confirmed [WE DO IT!]

Manu

f5b0fe5.gif

Thank you H. Thank you Capcom.

artsi

I don't want prerendered backgrounds, but awesome 3D backgrounds with fixed camera angles and ability to traverse rooms without loading. You just open the door and come out on the other side.

Maybe even barricading and zombies following you around would be possible with that.

Sephzilla

Awesome!

Now show SquareEnix how a proper remake is done
AKA - don't change a fucking thing except make the game look prettier

Jackpot

Banned
Roughly 10 years later than it should have been. Can you image what RE would look like today if REmake 2 has followed REmake 1 with the same style? RE4 is worthless.

HAHAHA

That video saying why it's the best and worst thing ever is invalidated. Kamiya just said yesterday that he doesn't hate Capcom, and would like to do projects with them. He plans to revisit the past after Gamescon and keep the air open.

I bet Mikami wouldn't mind being on board either.

The dream team is coming back, people. Bank on it.

Awesome!

Now show SquareEnix how a proper remake is done
AKA - don't change a fucking thing except make the game look prettier

REmake changed a bunch and is a far better game IMO. I hope the same thing happens here.

ghostjoke

Banned
I should not be this excited for a game I've completed multiple times but YES. Thank you Capcom, do not fuck it up; you have the ability, as shown with Remake.

spookyfish

If done right, the one game that could dethrone RE4 for me.

Cannot wait.

I wish they would just go ahead and include Jill's story (Nemesis) and make it complete.

Xater

It's my favorite RE in the series, but the only way to get this right is to make it a complete overhaul. Like REmake it needs new graphics, new content and new mechanics. It can't just be a prettier nostalgia piece.

BadWolf

Please dont butcher it by making it like RE4 or 5 or 6. Leave it like REmake. Oh God please capcom don't pull a SE.

Making it like REmake will not only be the option that makes fans most happy but will also be the cheapest and quickest for Capcom to make.

They made the first REmake in like a year.

I don't want prerendered backgrounds, but awesome 3D backgrounds with fixed camera angles and ability to traverse rooms without loading. You just open the door and come out on the other side.

Maybe even barricading and zombies following you around would be possible with that.

I'm sure they'll go with 3D backgrounds instead of pre rendered, if only to ensure that they can port this easily to every console that will be released in the next twenty years without worrying about grainy assets.

Planet

And it is gonna have bad AF and worse FPS on PS4 than on Xbox One. Heard it here first!

Buying it anyway *happy dance*

This is amazing news. If it's like REmake but truly remade in (prerendered) HD, wow... That's gonna be awesome. Let's hope they pull this one off well. I'm excited!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss! I actually got moved to tears at work. Thank you Capcom. THANK YOU! Please do the same for RE3 when this does well!

Since it's old as fuck, they can't really upscale everything and give it to us.

Don't you dare Crapcom.

REmake is already barely acceptable.

Blobbers

No need for a REmake treatment. Tank controls, fixed camera, all that stuff is well and good but folks who wanna experience that version of Resident Evil 2 can just play the original, since it has aged well, unlike RE1.

My advice is go crazy with it. Go modern. Implement some RE6 mechanics, fluidity and fun gameplay. Do not be afraid to experiment and do not be afraid to impose your creative vision of what you feel a Remake 2 should look and play like instead of listening to the fans.

This is great news. Can't wait for more footage.

HAHAHA

That video saying why it's the best and worst thing ever is invalidated. Kamiya just said yesterday that he doesn't hate Capcom, and would like to do projects with them. He plans to revisit the past after Gamescon and keep the air open.

The dream team is coming back, people. Bank on it..

He also said he specifically does not want to work on RE2 remake in that interview :/

Squire

Banned
HAHAHA

The dream team is coming back, people. Bank on it.

REmake changed a bunch and is a far better game IMO. I hope the same thing happens here.

Capcom hiring PG?

At this point, much crazier things have happened.

Davey Cakes

Why would this not be REmake style?

I figured the whole reason they pitched the idea to remake RE2 in the first place was because of the success of the REmake and RE0 remasters, which showed that there's still an audience for that style of game, especially within this franchise.

I think it all makes sense for capcom. By updating the game they are giving games what they want and they are also making something they can sell for generations going forward, and given how much RE4 was re-released we know that's their ultimate aim here. I'm not complaining, since I adore RE2, but it's not hard to see why now is the time for dvelopers to start remaking ps1 games.

No need for a REmake treatment. Tank controls, fixed camera, all that stuff is well and good but folks who wanna experience that version of Resident Evil 2 can just play the original, since it has aged well, unlike RE1.

My advice is go crazy with it. Go modern. Implement some RE6 mechanics, fluidity and fun gameplay. Do not be afraid to experiment and do not be afraid to impose your creative vision of what you feel a Remake 2 should look and play like instead of listening to the fans.

This is great news. Can't wait for more footage.

Those fans are the reason the game exists in the first place. It's basically be giving them the middle finger to turn around and make it into something that doesn't even resemble the original version.

Top Bottom