• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4, 5, 6 – Announce Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Sesha

There should be no doubt now that RE7 is incoming. Announcement pre-E3 and release Holiday 2016 seems likely.

Wasn't expecting all three to be ported. No need for me to double dip for RE6 and RE5 due to the Steam release but I may triple dip for my first copy of HD RE4 on my big TV.

strafer

Maybe they can add this lightning to RE4 now finally.

X1073eP.gif

Jawmuncher

Wait. Why are they releasing in reverse order...?

And I'd got it in mind that this would be a compilation.

As was said more than likely they're doing digital first for all three and later doing a physical release of them all. Like they did with REmake and RE0. Why leave money on the table when you can release in parts throughout the year, and potentially get even more sales with a physical release later.

Will hold off to see if we'll get a physical release before I dive in but it's nice to see the games coming over. Picked up the archives version of RE6 (360) on the cheap at launch but never put a lot of time into the HD ports that came with it.

Still be nice if those originals got BC support though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
RE6 was so shit I never wanna play it again. Absolute garbage game design.

Why wouldn't Capcom release them all together for $60?

This is worrisome, and why the hell would they release in that order, from worst to best? I'm really interested to see the price points for these titles.

Capcom is being fucking weird this gen.

Def will play RE5 again. It was my intro to the series and I really enjoyed it. This came out after Dead Space so it was just an action game to me that i got to play online with a buddy.

biteren

i would say RE6 was pretty alright, the dodging stuff was good.

but it aint no RE game

also i hate the inventory system in 6

Kolx

Surprised on how many people are going to replay 6 in this thread. Wasn't it considered mediocre at best when it was released? Or did they improve the game after that?

Ridley327

Reverse order, huh?

I imagine all three will be 60 fps, though I'm not sure if Capcom ever fixed the last few bits of oddness with the PC port of 4 where certain animations were still rendered at 30 fps.

RowdyReverb

I haven't played any of these, but after hearing all the praise for RE4, I'm definitely intrigued. I guess I'll have to wait til fall to jump in

Jawmuncher

There should be no doubt now that RE7 is incoming. Announcement pre-E3 and release Holiday 2016 seems likely.

Funny that this still isn't decided. If anything though I think everyone can agree that RE7 is getting revealed this year. When it will actually release is anyone's guess.

FaintDeftone

Man Capcom is going overkill with the Resident Evil re-releases. I own all of these games already so I probably will pass. RE6 is tempting though since I never finished it, but i still own a PS3 copy so I can still sit down and play it.

Cess007

Oh man, tempted to get 6 and 5 again and play it Co-Op again. I got a lot of fun with those games playing them with a friend.

antitrop

Surprised on how many people are going to replay 6 in this thread. Wasn't it considered mediocre at best when it was released? Or did they improve the game after that?

The campaigns are fucking trash, but the Mercenaries mode is a lot of fun and the mechanics are great.

jbug617

Banned
Blog post
http://www.capcom-unity.com/harriso...packed-resident-evil-favorites-coming-in-2016

In March 1996, the world was introduced to the first Resident Evil game, which helped shape survival horror as we know it and has since brought you some of the most loved games of all time. You’ve been able to play through the origins stories that started everything with the recent releases of Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0, and we’ve confirmed that a remake of Resident Evil 2 is on the way. Since then, the series and story have evolved to amp up the action and introduce new epic gaming moments with Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6. If you haven’t had a chance to play these yet or if you’ve been wanting to play them on your current consoles, we’ve got good news for you. Starting with Resident Evil 6 on March 29, all three games will be available for PS4 and Xbox One for an MSRP of only $19.99 / €19.99 / £15.99 each.

Physical discs for the Americas. RE6 includes all the DLC and costumes that were released for the game.

Not with RE2 in the works and Resident Evil eSports Shooter Edition* coming out this year.

Summer 2017 at the earliest.

Edit: *Umbrella Corps. I can't remember that games name, I always have to look it up.

Top Bottom