• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4, 5, 6 – Announce Trailer (PS4/Xbox One)

Jawmuncher

The campaigns are fucking trash, but the Mercenaries mode is a lot of fun and the mechanics are great.

They're not that bad. They have bad moment's sure, but I still feel there's more good than bad in them. Really only the vehcile sections are what I would call bad.

----

With this collection being PS4 and Xbox One, I don't think we'll be seeing RE7 as an exclusive. If anyone was still thinking that.

IvanJ

Banned
Yeeeeesssss!
Day One all three for sure.

RE5 is my favorite, and cannot wait to coop it and 6 again with my wife.

Awesome!

jennetics

Here I was thinking that it was RE4-6 all in one package. Sold separately though? Out of your mind, Capcom, if you think that'll make me buy RE4 again.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
This actually might be the first RE4 port I don't buy, considering I already have it on PC. The only way they could pull me back in would be some insane extra content, and I kinda don't expect them to do that considering it's just a re-release.

9q5rtrp.png

oh wow

In for 6 and 4

Odd order to release them in. Start the conspiracies! Their counting down to something!

Oh god...
GC Version
PS2 Version
PC
Wii Version
PS3 Version
PC #2 Version
and now PS4 Version
This game has to have a Guinness Record by now.

Ridley327

Taking RE2make into mind, this would mean right now that the only mainline titles that haven't been ported over in some capacity to current gen are 3, CVX and Rev1. I imagine that CVX and Rev1 will be BC on XB1 at some point (maybe they are already?), which would leave 3 as the odd man out.

Sesha

Not with RE2 in the works and Resident Evil eSports Shooter Edition coming out this year.

Summer 2017 at the earliest.

Why would they celebrate the 20th anniversary with a bunch of remasters, a remake of RE2 that won't be finished for a while, and some spin-off online shooter?

Toa TAK

Banned
I can only assume they used the Gold Edition boxart for 5 because we're going to get all the DLC that came with it.

'Cause I'd rather have the original art with Sheva.

I actually think RE6 is better than RE5. They both have garbage campaigns, but at least RE6 has great gameplay.
I'm excited to play it again.

terrible

Banned
Are they just straight ports? I didn't notice any mention of updated textures or anything. As much as I like RE4 and RE5 I'll just stick with my Steam versions if these aren't really updated in any meaningful way.

strafer

I was thinking that too... Weird. Isn't there a storyline?

I've honestly never played a re game. Will start with these

They're not connected in the sense that you need to play every game after another.

You can start with 6 and end with 4. You won't miss stuff.

Revven

LOL. Buy RE4 for the millionth time this Fall!

I swear that game will literally be ported to every console ever, it just refuses to miss a single generation.

Next thing we'll see is RE4 on mobile lmao.

Top Bottom