• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Spoiler Thread

I think warning the Bakers with a letter was a dick mode,she knew the house wasn't safe and insisted to stay in the trailer.
She was literally face to face with Jack and Marguerite and never said a word,i hate Mia even more now.
Also,the letter gave me the impression that she was ready to run and leave the Bakers behind with all the mess.
Warning the Bakers in a face-to-face conversation would have prompted questions and curiosity. They could have quickly deemed Mia a friend and insist she stay.

Eveline is bad news but even just having Mia with them brings them into the twisted loop. Mia knew this was a good family and she had to get away in order to save them.

I mean hell, just look at what happened. Mia's corporation used the Bakers as a way to keep the experiment ongoing, bribing Lucas with info + the cure, using him as a mole so that he could report all the twisted shit Eveline was pulling. The corporation knew Mia was in a torturous hell and was locked in a cell. If they didn't care about a high-ranking handler (speculation on my part, since Mia was trusted with such a dangerously important asset) being abused, they certainly don't give a shit about ruining a kind backwater family in Louisiana, too.

Mia's note would have worked flawlessly if only the Bakers had seen it before Jack headed back out to the ship that day.

MIA DID NOTHING WRONG!

Kazuhira

Warning the Bakers in a face-to-face conversation would have prompted questions and curiosity. They could have quickly deemed Mia a friend and insist she stay.

Eveline is bad news but even just having Mia with them brings them into the twisted loop. Mia knew this was a good family and she had to get away in order to save them.

I mean hell, just look at what happened. Mia's corporation used the Bakers as a way to keep the experiment ongoing, bribing Lucas with info + the cure, using him as a mole so that he could report all the twisted shit Eveline was pulling. The corporation knew Mia was in a torturous hell and was locked in a cell. If they didn't care about a high-ranking handler (speculation on my part, since Mia was trusted with such a dangerously important asset) being abused, they certainly don't give a shit about ruining a kind backwater family in Louisiana, too.

Mia's note would have worked flawlessly if only the Bakers had seen it before Jack headed back out to the ship that day.

MIA DID NOTHING WRONG!

Well,i don't agree with anything about your post but let's just leave it at that.
Mia is a terrible person imo.

Learning that Mia met the Bakers before Eveline did really soured her character for me.

I had just assumed they were both taken in at the same time, but nope, everything could have been avoided if Mia wasn't a dumbass.

rouken

RE7 Facebook said:
Chris Redfield returns in the free “Not A Hero” DLC for #RE7 this Spring. Who or what is he chasing? Find out soon in this separate story.

u6s20TI.jpg

intazaR.jpg

MIA DID NOTHING WRONG!

Yeah I'm on Mia's side.

RedSnake

I want to know what the hell is Chris doing working with Umbrella and holding a gun named "the Albert".

They better explain or hint of why he's doing such a 180 on all he's ever fought for.

This new Umbrella might not be the evil old Umbrella... but that gun's name...
I doubt he's infiltrating Umbrella so I think he's being forced to work with them or maybe...just MAYBE
he's not Chris

Seriously now, I want answers!

I'm confused. I just finished it a week ago, but doesn't it say his name in the credits?

Yeah. I just think it's funny that the first thing he says is who he is and it still led to hardcore speculation over who it was. What people aren't taking into consideration is that RE7's aesthetics and art direction are, well, the characters here aren't superheroes like they have been in the last few and they have more natural designs.

And to be honest while his face is different than 5 and 6 Chris it seems like a decently fair, more realistic representation of him in 1 and CV.

I mean, I can see it. It's just a more natural design.

DVCY201

Welp. All my excitement for RE7 and future titles is out the window then. There is no reason that will be 'good enough' to explain Chris joining Umbrella Corps, good character assassination though Capcom!

Also I think it's pointless to compare to older models when the new models have been established for over 9 years now, there are technical limitations between art and in-game which makes for some large inconsistencies

ArjanN

Far be it from me to stop people from being insufferably smug but like I said before: it turning out to really just be Chris in no way changes that they clearly wanted people to speculate about the ending.

Kazuhira

Welp. All my excitement for RE7 and future titles is out the window then. There is no reason that will be 'good enough' to explain Chris joining Umbrella Corps, good character assassination though Capcom!

C'mon,do you actually believe he is evil now?

luulubuu

I mean... What if Chris in Resident Evil 5 and 6 IS HUNK?

Chris has been slowly diving into warfare thing for too long, in 6 he saw some things and he was in the edge most of the time, maybe it was a breaking point for him, and tell you what

I said this same thing would happen eventually, Chris transformed into a villain who thinks he is doing the right thing, just tired and hopeless. Best villains are like that IMHO

DVCY201

C'mon,do you actually believe he is evil now?

I believe that Capcom is dumb enough to try it and pat themselves on the back for it.

Guys, you do know that Umbrella Corps =/= Umbrella, right?

The Corps are evil though(?), I thought The Experiment made that obvious and even hints at Wesker's survival. So I don't know what you're getting at. Plus, it's just dumb to keep using Umbrella's name, like anyone would trust it

Chris has been slowly diving into warfare thing for too long, in 6 he saw some things and he was in the edge most of the time, maybe it was a breaking point for him, and tell you what

I said this same thing would happen eventually, Chris transformed into a villain who thinks he is doing the right thing, just tired and hopeless. Best villains are like that IMHO

I get that. Only issue is that it flies in the face of RE6's ending, where Chris reaffirms his position and dedication due to Pier's sacrifice. But, it's whatev. Just waiting till the DLC I guess

Lernaean

Banned
The Corps are evil though(?)

The Corps are mercs.

Thing is, Chris seens like a boy scout, but he also is self-righteous, bitter, and if 6 taught us anything, Chris has a dark side.
I think he snapped, got fed up with BSAA after Piers died like this, and in his self-righteousness he went to work on the other big bio-merc unit.

Also people ask: "What does Umbrella wants with this or that?" Understand that UC are mercs. They probably work for someone else.

DVCY201

The Corps are mercs.

Thing is, Chris seens like a boy scout, but he also is self-righteous, bitter, and if 6 taught us anything, Chris has a dark side.
I think he snapped, got fed up with BSAA after Piers died like this, and in his self-righteousness he went to work on the other big bio-merc unit.

Also people ask: "What does Umbrella wants with this or that?" Understand that UC are mercs. They probably work for someone else.

Yea, they're Mercs that gather BOW data for the black market and are recruited by other corporations. So you're saying Chris is fueling the conflict he despises. They've been involved with Sheng Ya before, which is a corporation in Biohazard Heavenly Desire where Claire is acting as part of TerraSave.

Like, that'd be dumb. Chris works forma Merc unit selling data to corporations where his sister has to clean up the mess.

Lernaean

Banned
Yea, they're Mercs that gather BOW data for the black market and are recruited by other corporations. So you're saying Chris is fueling the conflict he despises.

We don't even know what he despises actually. Maybe all he despises now is BSAA.
We don't have all the clues yet, and I expect us to learn more with NaH and Vendetta.

DVCY201

We don't even know what he despises actually. Maybe all he despises now is BSAA.
We don't have all the clues yet, and I expect us to learn more with NaH and Vendetta.

So, character assassination. Got it. RE5 and 6 make it clear that he despises BioTerrorism lol. But yes, I will wait for the DLC and Vendetta

Lernaean

Banned
So, character assassination. Got it. RE5 and 6 make it clear that he despises BioTerrorism lol. But yes, I will wait for the DLC and Vendetta

Yeah, it's hard to have a decent conversation with someone who has made up their mind before all the information was presented.
I hereby apologize to the NeoGAF servers for wasting precious kbs replying.

Yeah, it's hard to have a decent conversation with someone who has made up their mind before all the information was presented.

Don't worry man, I'm willing to wait for more info before drawing to any bullshit conclusion for no reason.

DVCY201

What? I'm talking about with respect to the history of RE that these characters have always been one dimensional, flat note save the day characters. And that Chris is built up as that, he's a member of STARS, he establishes the BSAA, he cares deeply for his partners, etc. So yes, this kind of sudden heel-turn is unexpected, hence everyone's apprehension.

I also like how you ignored me saying that I am waiting for the DLC and Vendetta, and the fact that the Umbrella Corps are mercs for hire for the very same corporations Chris and co stand against. Hard to have a conversation with someone who purposely ignores information presented to them to suit their agenda. But you certainly didn't provide a decent one.

But that's okay, you go ahead and apologize. I certainly don't mind.

Lernaean

Banned
What? I'm talking about with respect to the history of RE that these characters have always been one dimensional, flat note save the day characters. And that Chris is built up as that, he's a member of STARS, he establishes the BSAA, he cares deeply for his partners, etc. So yes, this kind of sudden heel-turn is unexpected, hence everyone's apprehension.

I also like how you ignored me saying that I am waiting for the DLC and Vendetta, and the fact that the Umbrella Corps are mercs for hire for the very same corporations Chris and co stand against. Hard to have a conversation with someone who purposely ignores information presented to them to suit their agenda. But you certainly didn't provide a decent one.

But that's okay, you go ahead and apologize. I certainly don't mind.

I don't have an "agenda". The only thing i was certain of from the beginning is that this is Chris. Now the hows and whys? I'm willing to be patient and wait to be presented with an explanation instead of declaring it a "character assassination" or "best twist ever" on the other hand.
I don't know how it will play. It could have a great explanation or a very lame one, but I don't jump to conclusions. It's like a tv series, plot is interesting and I'll stick to see how it plays out.
And as you said, characters are too often one dimensional. Are we gonna complain now that one of those characters (and the most boring of the bunch imo) is part of an interesting plot twist?

DVCY201

I don't have an "agenda". The only thing i was certain of from the beginning is that this is Chris. Now the hows and whys? I'm willing to be patient and wait to be presented with an explanation instead of declaring it a "character assassination" or "best twist ever" on the other hand.
I don't know how it will play. It could have a great explanation or a very lame one, but I don't jump to conclusions. It's like a tv series, plot is interesting and I'll stick to see how it plays out.
And as you said, characters are too often one dimensional. Are we gonna complain now that one of those characters (and the most boring of the bunch imo) is part of an interesting plot twist?

Then we agree with each other. The only difference we have is that I'm saying this is very contrary to what I know about RE, and that most people are pointing at Chris being a villain, which I think would be weird. Especially given that Umbrella Corps seems to be built from the remains of HCF, the organization that Wesker once led.

I'll apologize, I got heated there. You are right, there are a lot of ifs and what that I am waiting to be answered too.

Lernaean

Banned
Btw for those that have read the last volume of Heavenly Island, UC have zombie jammers on their back, and the backpack with the jammers is very similar to the one UC in that latest NaH image wear.
Ofc, gear is designed by VOLK Tactical, so it could be just the backpack design. Just said i'd leave it here.

Chris looks like a normal human being again I am cool with it. Let's face it re4,5,6 these characters were reaching super hero level if not already. STARS and others were meant to be police officers not super hero. I am glad they toned things down with RE7 like they way these characters used to be.

Top Bottom