• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Spoiler Thread

KyleCross

I'm sure its not known yet, but is this game just riddled with jump scares? Kind of hate that but with the first person perspective I expect plenty.

Very much yes. If it wasn't I'd be actually getting the game. Sadly, I cannot handle jumpscares as they cause me physical pain. Just in the first 45 minutes of the game there are several, and they're pretty intense. One would have legit killed me if I hadn't been stepping through the video and knew it was coming. I think they lessen as the game goes on, but they still happen.

Nooo i have found 31 of 32 files

And Dont know if it's new but it seems the free content is Indeet aboud the hunkfield.

Are these 32 files only to be read in the environment where found, or are these ones that you pick up and read whenever like older games?

I've seen notes in the environment that you can read and interact with, but it seems there would be more than 32 of them in that case.

Zuzzissm0

There are more some get added to the inventory and of those ive 31.

Now i have to find Out what i have to do for extra weapons and stuff.

Nooo i have found 31 of 32 files

And Dont know if it's new but it seems the free content is Indeet aboud the hunkfield.

Do you know if the Beginning Hour is a part of the final game or stand-alone little game tied to the full game just like how PLATINUM is tied to FFXV?

Do you know if the Beginning Hour is a part of the final game or stand-alone little game tied to the full game just like how PLATINUM is tied to FFXV?

The setting of Beginning Hour is in the game, with new/missing areas. The VHS tape is in the final game as well.

However, Beginning Hour is its own thing gameplay wise. Just shares the same location.

Zuzzissm0

And the 3 dudes are getting mentioned sometimes. Sry if im wrong because im not so good with keeping Names but i think the One you are playing in the Birthday tape is the One you are playing in the kitchen tape

Brhoom

Banned
I've been stuck for 12 hours on Mad House mode right now. The mini boss battle where lucas traps you and you have to battle a fat piece of shit, in Mad House mode, they are 2, and I swear that they made them bigger than normal.

I have:

-3 flame rounds
-3 nuero rounds
-2 magnum bullets
-3 enhanced handgun bullets

And many more, And I can't even take down one of them.

Someone tell me how did they do it :(

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I've been stuck for 12 hours on Mad House mode right now. The mini boss battle where lucas traps you and you have to battle a fat piece of shit, in Mad House mode, they are 2, and I swear that they made them bigger than normal.

I have:

-3 flame rounds
-3 nuero rounds
-2 magnum bullets
-3 enhanced handgun bullets

And many more, And I can't even take down one of them.

Someone tell me how did they do it :(

Shoot their knees. It helps to have the shotgun with you.

Nemesis_

Anything super interesting?

There's heaps of stuff about the nature of Eveline and the pathogen at the very last moments. There's a small lab filled with files that are super interesting.

Does anyone know what the Model Shotgun is for? I found it along with the Model Pistol or Knife (can't remember) in the attic.

But in Madhouse the Model Shotgun is just before the final dogs head (the one you get from the chainsaw battle)

KyleCross

The setting of Beginning Hour is in the game, with new/missing areas. The VHS tape is in the final game as well.

However, Beginning Hour is its own thing gameplay wise. Just shares the same location.

I've seen the beginning of the game played through by multiple people by this point but none of them have provided me with some answers to questions I have in regards to differences.

1. Does Mia still appear as the ghost girl (the ghost girl is her model, but in a different outfit confirmed by model extractions) in the VHS segment or is this removed as it was just something they did for the demo?

2. I notice the axe drawer can still be interacted with but it's locked. Is the lockpick still there in the VHS tape and if so can you still get the axe?

Nemesis_

I've seen the beginning of the game played through by multiple people by this point but none of them have provided me with some answers to questions I have in regards to differences.

1. Does Mia still appear as the ghost girl (the ghost girl is her model, but in a different outfit confirmed by model extractions) in the VHS segment or is this removed as it was just something they did for the demo?

2. I notice the axe drawer can still be interacted with but it's locked. Is the lockpick still there in the VHS tape and if so can you still get the axe?

I've not seen the "ghost" in the final game.

I couldn't find a lock pick either. I feel like I searched everywhere. Other people have told me you get the axe differently in the proper game (from Mia's dead body prior to you losing your hand) but I completely missed it.

Dmax3901

OK so to someone who's played this, how do you beat the chainsaw fight this shit is so hard I'm so mad right now.

EDIT: OK so the prompt for the thrust attack popped up for the first time during like my eighth attempt which made things a lot easier, l2 and r2 for anyone in the same position.

Nemesis_

Where did you hear this? Is this confirmed?

I just think people are making assumptions since the phrase "Not A Hero" feels like something Chris Redfield-y and fits in with the idea that people assume Redfield in RE7 is a hero when he actually isn't. Also the VA for Chris (not the Hunkfield one) has been purposefully vague on Twitter recently as well.

Either that or Lucas is playable with Moulded Powers. But I assume that's going to be saved for the paid DLC.

Jawmuncher

I just think people are making assumptions since the phrase "Not A Hero" feels like something Chris Redfield-y and fits in with the idea that people assume Redfield in RE7 is a hero when he actually isn't. Also the VA for Chris (not the Hunkfield one) has been purposefully vague on Twitter recently as well.

Either that or Lucas is playable with Moulded Powers. But I assume that's going to be saved for the paid DLC.

Chris going rogue would be the best thing

jtrov

There's heaps of stuff about the nature of Eveline and the pathogen at the very last moments. There's a small lab filled with files that are super interesting.

Does anyone know what the Model Shotgun is for? I found it along with the Model Pistol or Knife (can't remember) in the attic.

But in Madhouse the Model Shotgun is just before the final dogs head (the one you get from the chainsaw battle)

I thought about this, but maybe it's used to swap out the broken shotgun? I never got a chance to use a repair kit on it to see if it gives you a better shotgun. Will try on my next playthrough.

Hagi

So is there an actual lab area in the game? i always thought they were a nice change of location in the previous games.

Zuzzissm0

on my 2. run now and just found the repair kit for the first time under the stairs outside of the main house. now i have a double barrle shotgun. is there a 2. kit for the broken pistole and if so where is it?

Zuzzissm0

after the credits there is an advertisment with the titel and hunkfield on a poster

solved the shadow puzzle outside the house now. you need the toy axe from lucas´ room for this and the prize was a stabilizer

on my 2. run now and just found the repair kit for the first time under the stairs outside of the main house. now i have a double barrle shotgun. is there a 2. kit for the broken pistole and if so where is it?

the 2. kit is the 3. prize picture its in lucas´ house

shit... finished the game with 6 item boxes opened but i only did it 4 times. 1 because i had to and then there were 3 forced uses wich i forgot ^^. but the last 2 i dont know. and finished with a time of 4:9hrs and i dont even tried for the 4 hrs

Zuzzissm0

so finished the game again on easy within 4 hrs and i opend the box 3 times (only the forced one (Lucas birthday puzzle, after this puzzle, after the ship). I´ve unlocked the Circular Saw and the x ray glasses

FLAguy954

Whole plot outline for those interested

Ethan gets a message from his wife Mia who's been missing for 3 years. He goes it rescue her, but it turns out she's been infected by something that causes her to shift between her normal self and this crazy monster girl. Crazy Mia cuts off Ethan's hand, and after knocking her out, Ethan himself gets knocked out by Jack Baker.
Ethan wakes up in the Baker's main house, roams around, fights Jack a few times, and eventually makes it out to a different part of the Baker plantation, where he deals with Marguerite. Ethan then has to deal with Lucas trying to kill him in a series of traps, and he finds and frees Mia. Afterwards Ethan encounters Zoe, Jack and Marguerite's daughter who isn't crazy like the rest of them, but is still infected. Zoe has two serums that can cure the infection in people, but Jack Baker comes back super heavily mutated and Ethan is forced to use one of the serums on Jack, who is too far mutated to be cured and dies from the effects.

Ethan then has to pick who to administer the remaining serum to: Mia or Zoe. Either way, Zoe is killed by someone called "Eveline", and Ethan is captured by Eveline. The player then takes control of Mia as she goes to rescue Ethan from a ship that ran aground next to the Baker plantation. Along the way, we learn through documents Mia finds that Eveline is a self-aware BOW bred by a mysterious corporation who was going to sell it to the highest bidder, and that Mia was aboard the ship as some sort of handler for Eveline. Ethan is trapped in some mold and is experiencing some weird shared consciousness that involves all other people infected by the mold, where he has a meeting with Jack Baker, who explains that they took Eveline in, and that she infected them in order to turn them into some twisted sort of family. Eveline is revealed to be Grandma Baker, who has aged rapidly due to not being maintained by the corporation's handlers. Ethan is freed by Mia, and depending on if you cured her or not she dies sacrificing herself to save Ethan from Eveline.

Ethan obtains a super powerful version of the serum from the ship that can destroy Eveline, and makes his way through the plantation to confront her, learning along the way that Lucas was working with the mysterious corporation and that he managed to escape from the plantation before he could be confronted. Ethan injects Eveline, she turns into a giant monster, and Ethan is given a powerful experimental Samurai Edge to defeat her. It turns out Ethan is rescued by someone calling themselves "Redfield" (though people believe it's an impostor due to him not looking like or sounding like Chris), and Ethan is flown out on Redfield's helicopter, along with Mia if she didn't die. As the helicopter flies away, it's revealed that it's actually an Umbrella helicopter, leaving the game on a cliffhanger on why Umbrella is back.

Shame about Lucas.

Not bad. This just went from a hard skip to a 'will buy on sale.'

Mask

Huh, seems like you can't stream it from the PS4 directly, at least, I can't.. Just says "Not supported with this title", kinda sucks, I wanted to stream the second Jack fight :/

..which I've been stuck on for a while now, it's seriously tough and crazy!

Zuzzissm0

this is what i meant
1-22-2017_3-43-36_amy5xg9.png

Nemesis_

NVM it went up now, still say the DLC is gonna explain why chris went bad

I would love if they played with the first person view and you think you were playing as RedfieldHunk but then come face to face with him at some point and it's revealed that you are playing as the OG Chris.

But idk

Jawmuncher

I would love if they played with the first person view and you think you were playing as RedfieldHunk but then come face to face with him at some point and it's revealed that you are playing as the OG Chris.

But idk

We'll see. I think regardless what they do. It's gonna surprise people.
But I agree, what you described would be ace.

Nemesis_

So other than the whole Chris/Hunk thing, is there any little easter eggs or references to past Resident Evil games/characters in this game?

There's also photographs in the mansion of things that harken back to older games. Stuff like a photo of the Arklay Mountains.

I could also swear some of the paintings hanging in the Baker House are from other games puzzles and stuff, but I can't work out where.

cvxfreak

Does the game get harder even if you select the same difficulty mode on a replay?

Got killed by Jack twice while trying to get under the house. That never happened the first time.

Jawmuncher

Does the game get harder even if you select the same difficulty mode on a replay?

Got killed by Jack twice while trying to get under the house. That never happened the first time.

It has adapted difficulty like RE4 apparently, so might be why the experience changes a bit

Top Bottom