• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 7 Spoiler Thread

Brhoom

Banned
My favourite scary part of the game is when you enter Eveline's room.

The game suddenly decides it wants to be Silent Hill for 2 minutes, the feeling is when you just want the music to stop and you just run hoping nothing more scary happens. besides the save room theme, it's the only time I notcied the music.

jtrov

Madhouse was giving me all kinds of fits early on, when all I needed was that first item box. Felt good retrieving the Albert handgun, full of renowned confidence, but Jack made that feeling short lived in the garage. The enemies just feel so much faster and it feels like Ethan gives no fucks about putting some pep in his step... It's like I'm in a horror movie yelling at the guy to RUN damnit. Even with this new bad ass pistol I am still choking under the duress of Jack and the molded, especially those four legged molded bastards; Which seem to have a new move which is to jump on the ceiling and move around like a licker on 'roids. I thought this second playthrough wouldn't be so tense, but god damn is it nerve wrecking.

I really need those speed shoes that were posted earlier. Are the obtainable via unlock or bird cage? Just in case I need to save my coins, as the defense syringe and attack syringe seem to be calling my name after all these ass beatings I've taken.

Anyway, Madhouse mode is awesome. Even lost my leg after the dinner scene which freaked me the fuck out lol. Glad Ethan was just as baffled as I was.

Zuzzissm0

finding all intel unlocks nothing. and i somehow managed to find only 19/20 mr anywhere figures by wearing the x-ray glasses xD

started my 5th playtrough now on madhous and holy moly is was 45mins working on Mia xD. Now im in the garage and wtf the car keys are in a locked box now. im done for today

jtrov

finding all intel unlocks nothing. and i somehow managed to find only 19/20 mr anywhere figures by wearing the x-ray glasses xD

started my 5th playtrough now on madhous and holy moly is was 45mins working on Mia xD. Now im in the garage and wtf the car keys are in a locked box now. im done for today

Is this your first Madhouse playthrough? The beginning really fucked me up too, especially Mia in the opening section and Jack in the garage. The car keys in a lock box made it incredibly tense even after being through it all before. Then to finally get the keys and get into the car, to only have Jack rip you out and start doing donuts laughing like an insane person. It was terrifying and awesome all at the same time lol. Earlier when I got the hatch key, I nearly shit myself because I thought I lost Jack, but instead he grabbed me right as I was crouching and used his shovel to take me ankle right off.

Really need those shoes that up Ethan's run speed.

cvxfreak

Is this your first Madhouse playthrough? The beginning really fucked me up too, especially Mia in the opening section and Jack in the garage. The car keys in a lock box made it incredibly tense even after being through it all before. Then to finally get the keys and get into the car, to only have Jack rip you out and start doing donuts laughing like an insane person. It was terrifying and awesome all at the same time lol. Earlier when I got the hatch key, I nearly shit myself because I thought I lost Jack, but instead he grabbed me right as I was crouching and used his shovel to take me ankle right off.

Is there a way to recover from this part?

You can survive getting your leg cut off. Ethan has no reaction to putting his leg back on with magical medicine

I have to say I kind of laughed when I first saw a video of that. I know that the herbs that have existed throughout the series were never realistic in any way, but seeing your character able to glue his leg back on with some magic medicine liquid takes it to another level, and kind of cheapens the suspense in my opinion.

Then again, maybe that's entirely intentional.

Zuzzissm0

yeah its my first. only did easy and normal for some unlocks like the x-ray glasses and the circular saw wich i hope will kill the molden as easy as it does on normal. also got a universal coin (attack, defence and enemy knockback rate boosts) from pre order dlc. the knockback bonus with the saw is fantastic.

still dont know how to unlock the shoes. maybe all 20 figures but im missing still one. i hope there is nothing for 4hr madhouse or 100% madhouse.

Jake2by4

I have to say I kind of laughed when I first saw a video of that. I know that the herbs that have existed throughout the series were never realistic in any way, but seeing your character able to glue his leg back on with some magic medicine liquid takes it to another level, and kind of cheapens the suspense in my opinion.

Makes you wonder why didn't Ethan do that with his hand in the beginning or how did he know the Mythical medicine would work on his leg.

Zuzzissm0

you also got your arm choped off and naild back to the stump so i think its part of the infection because he is some kind of infected.

playing on madhouse is kind of cool because you can die in so much different ways.

jtrov

I still need to see him cut my leg.

Can you survive this?

Can you even survive if Jack got into the car before you?

Yeah he gives you a first aid bottle, but I could've sworn I heard Ethan say something when he was reattaching his ankle that made me chuckle.

Yeah, it's easy to dodge the car if you get in the right spot at the start. Other wise he has this perfect lane to always get you as you are recovering from the initial hit. It's nearly a one hit kill on top of that, so if you aren't fast it's over real quick. It's great because you go through hell just to get this damn lock pick in order to retrieve the car keys, and he rips you out of the only place you thought was safe. I'm loving the changes though since it very quickly goes from, "oh this will be fun with my new bad ass Albert pistol", to "what the fuck, I was not ready for any of this". Hopefully the rest of the encounters continue this trend as it does wonders for keeping you on your toes.

Nemesis_

Trophies for the DLC are up. Nothing too exciting.

trophyw7z3r.png

Manbig

You can survive getting your leg cut off. Ethan has no reaction to putting his leg back on with magical medicine

He does. He lets out a confused "What the fuck?" when it happens.

Also, Jack getting in the care is not exclusive to Madhouse difficulty. He did that on normal for me too.

So I just beat the game my first run. My only real questions are about the choice on who to give the serum to. Is there a way to save both? Also, does it drastically change the following area like I'm assuming it does when you choose the other one?

Nemesis_

Can anyone provide some pointers on defeating mutated Marguerite?

I think I kind of fluked my way through the first two times I encountered her.

Does damage only register if you hit her womb thing?

That's really all I did as well. I wasn't sure if that boss battle had a gimmick to take advantage of or not.

cvxfreak

He does. He lets out a confused "What the fuck?" when it happens.

Also, Jack getting in the care is not exclusive to Madhouse difficulty. He did that on normal for me too.

So I just beat the game my first run. My only real questions are about the choice on who to give the serum to. Is there a way to save both? Also, does it drastically change the following area like I'm assuming it does when you choose the other one?

There are no substantial differences except a mini-boss fight with
mutated Mia if you save Zoe
and a few story tidbits.

Zuzzissm0

That's really all I did as well. I wasn't sure if that boss battle had a gimmick to take advantage of or not.
Thats only the weak Spot but when she gives you a break find her quickly because she sucks On Little fly Sacks on the Wall and i Dont Know if this sht heals her

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
My first playthrough I finished in 9 hours.
My second one (last night) I finished in 4:30.

I know what I gotta do now to get sub 4. Looking forward to playing it when I get back from my business trip!

So, I watched a playthrough of this and I'm pretty sure I've figured out where it sits in the RE timeline.

This is a direct sequel to Resident Evil: Revelations, isn't it?

The Moulded look a lot like the BOWs on the cruise ship and the setting for the Mia portion of the game seems to take a lot of influences from Rev as well. I guess we'll be finding out more about where this sits after "No Hero" comes out.

So, I watched a playthrough of this and I'm pretty sure I've figured out where it sits in the RE timeline.

This is a direct sequel to Resident Evil: Revelations, isn't it?

The Moulded look a lot like the BOWs on the cruise ship and the setting for the Mia portion of the game seems to take a lot of influences from Rev as well. I guess we'll be finding out more about where this sits after "No Hero" comes out.

7 is after 6.

7 is after 6.

I get that, but the relationships to certain events seems to be pulling a lot from aftermath of Rev than it does 6. This game is obviously a segue into the next major storyline in the series, which is why it doesn't have many other connecting ties, but as I said before, it feel like a follow-up to Rev than anything else.

Zuzzissm0

Any advice for the sub-4 hours run ?

do it on easy and know what items you need to the right time. dont take the pump action shotgun. take the broken one and repair it but dont get it befor you have all dog heads. the repair kit is in front of the house behind a plank in case you dont know it. dont go to the item boxe to often. dont watch the vhs tapes. if you need space in the inventory dump it like the treasure photos or herbs. dont collect the shotgun ammo till you go in the basement. dont collect the mag ammo. and always run. on easy you can kill every molden.

i did my 3:30 run with only using the item box 3 times.

For those who never played any Resident Evil game before and are interested by this one, do they need to play all the previous ones in order to keep up with the story or this game can be played as a start?

Zuzzissm0

For those who never played any Resident Evil game before and are interested by this one, do they need to play all the previous ones in order to keep up with the story or this game can be played as a start?

there are some references to the old one and one main charakter is showing up.

So finished a run an finally got all everywhere figurs. i also did not youse 3 forst aid kits. I unlockes the walking shoes and the assence of defens. i think now im good for madhouse ^^. still only managed to find 16 from 18 coins. this sucks

the shoes only speed up the walking and the assence reduces the damage while guarding and is maximized with the secrets of defends.

stevivor

Version 1.01 shows a new splash screen after you finish the game -- and it outs the protagonist of the free "Not a Hero" DLC as
Chris Redfield

Image of the splash screen is here: http://stevivor.com/2017/01/resident-evil-7-now-know-will-star-free-not-hero-dlc/

Let Jack catch you in the First scene right before a hatch

if someone has a link to all coins (normal and madhouse) and all mr. everywhere figures pls let me know

All Mr. Everywheres: http://stevivor.com/2017/01/resident-evil-7-collectibles-guide-mr-everywhere-locations/

17 Coins so far. :S

stevivor

Let Jack catch you in the First scene right before a hatch

if someone has a link to all coins (normal and madhouse) and all mr. everywhere figures pls let me know

^where exactly does that say that it's
Chris
definitively?

Okay, assumption, I suppose -- but the man in the image
is the man at the end of the game who says he's Chris Redfield.

Maybe I need quotation marks around the name? ;)

Zuzzissm0

there are some references to the old one and one main charakter is showing up.

So finished a run an finally got all everywhere figurs. i also did not youse 3 forst aid kits. I unlockes the walking shoes and the assence of defens. i think now im good for madhouse ^^. still only managed to find 16 from 18 coins. this sucks

the shoes only speed up the walking and the assence reduces the damage while guarding and is maximized with the secrets of defends.

Version 1.01 shows a new splash screen after you finish the game -- and it outs the protagonist of the free "Not a Hero" DLC as
Chris Redfield

Image of the splash screen is here: http://stevivor.com/2017/01/resident-evil-7-now-know-will-star-free-not-hero-dlc/

All Mr. Everywheres: http://stevivor.com/2017/01/resident-evil-7-collectibles-guide-mr-everywhere-locations/

17 Coins so far. :S

but thanks

Watching my friend playing through it right now and the opening sequence where mia saws your hand off and ethan casually cusp his stump and walks around the house had me laughing more than terrified. The gore is so over the top that it feels like it harkens back to 80s horror

Dmax3901

So what does everyone think of the decision between giving Mia or Zoe the serum? Seemed a bit ridiculous to me. I picked Zoe just because it made absolutely no sense for Ethan to not choose his wife, and I wanted to see what possible story could develop from ditching Mia like that.

Also I'd finished writing my review before I realised the play on words with her name. Mia. Missing in Action.

stevivor

but thanks

I am well aware I'm throwing up a lot of links at this point (sorry, everyone), but what are the odds you're missing the one I haven't found? Want to compare notes on the Coins?

http://stevivor.com/2017/01/resident-evil-7-collectibles-guide-antique-coin-locations/

So what does everyone think of the decision between giving Mia or Zoe the serum? Seemed a bit ridiculous to me. I picked Zoe just because it made absolutely no sense for Ethan to not choose his wife, and I wanted to see what possible story could develop from ditching Mia like that.

Also I'd finished writing my review before I realised the play on words with her name. Mia. Missing in Action.

On my second playthrough, knowing that Mia did -- it was easy to pick Zoe. :)

Top Bottom