• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 confirmed for Switch

Neiteio

I just realized this is kind of like getting RE6 because half of that game's levels are in RER2's Raid Mode, lol

Audette

Cannot wait! Disappointed by the download code aspect but I hope it does well and leads to more physical copy rereleases for switch.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I don't know with you RE fans.

On the one hand, I'll gladly take many people in this thread at their word.l and buy Rev 1+2. On the other hand, many of you are saying RE6 wasn't shit.

I didn't like RE6 and thought it was bloated shit and found Chris and Jake sections weren't survival horror anymore.

RER2 is pretty good and is actually horror. It's a nice evolution of RER. It's still cut in episodes but this + RER are boats better than RE6, heck I like it more than RE5 too.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
And this happened after the thread about Capcom's upcoming Switch plans became a RE thread basically, especially thanks to Neiteio.

Neiteio, while keeping talking about Resident Evil on Switch, could you start making several posts about how good playing Okami and the Ace Atrorney series on Switch would be? Thanks XD

Gino, I love you man, and I won't begrudge you your hate of RE6.

However, I love RE6! It's amazing once the mechanics click. Mercs is one of the most addictive modes ever. :-O
You love RE6 too eh...to be fair, I've only ever played it about an hour and rebounded off of it harder than a boulder off Chris Redfield.

So is Mercs where the money's at? Or is the campaign any good too? That's what I've always played a RE game for.

Never did get around to playing Revelations 2 and I did like Revelations 1 so I'm down for getting the game physically. Don't like one of the games being a digital download but I'll live

Now...the real question, when do we get Resident Evil 4 HD? 😋

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Expect more to follow, they didn't port MT Framework for just a throw-away minigame in SF2 so this was to be expected.

The true question is: is the Switch beefy enough to handle RE4 at 60 FPS?

Giolon

Awesome! I never finished 1 on 3DS and never picked up the second game. Looking forward to this (assuming they get a US release).

FingerBang

Well, they are both great games and people should play them but I can't say I'm excited about this new release...

I trust the RE4/RE5/RE6 action trilogy will be next after this sells well.

Hoping that we'll get the whole series on Switch. I already them all on PS4 but the Switch is my favorite gaming hardware ever.
I suspect we will get REmake and O HD next but we'll see. 0 was the last Nintendo exclusive RE for over 10 years. Capcom also loves to port the first RE to every system imaginable. Depends on if they can or are planning on releasing Switch versions of RE7 and RE2make

Neiteio

You love RE6 too eh...to be fair, I've only ever played it about an hour and rebounded off of it harder than a boulder off Chris Redfield.

So is Mercs where the money's at? Or is the campaign any good too? That's what I've always played a RE game for.
Here's a high-score run I did in RE6 Mercs No Mercy. The first minute or so is running around collecting time bonuses so that I can then focus on one unbroken chain of enemy kills for the maximum 300 combo. It break 2,000,000. Lots of diving, rolling, sliding, quick shots, counters, etc. The game is more Platinum in its over-the-top action than Vanquish itself, and it's not even made by them, lol.

Still haven't played either. In for the set.

I think i'll buy as much RE on switch as Capcom tries to sell me. remake. RE2 or REmake 2. RE3. RE0. RE the action game trilogy. the lightgun wii games.

Neiteio

The characters in RER2 are so good. I got super-attached to all of them. Wouldn't mind a direct sequel to that one in particular.

cvxfreak

Would people rather pay another $39.99 for a separate physical version of Revelations 2 on Switch or something? I doubt any company can launch a new Switch game physically for a low price at the moment.

Neiteio

People playing RER2 for the first time, remember this:

When Claire is pinned down and reaching for her gun... Switch to Moira!

That won't make sense now, but you'll recognize it when you get there.

And you'll thank me later. Trust me.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Haven't played REV1 and only played the first chapter of REV2 so this is perfect for me.

RE4 next Capcom, portable RE4 has always been the dream.

I'm that fool who would rather have RE4, but this is still cool.

Nothing foolish about wanting to play the best game of all time again.

oti

Banned
Played through Rev 1 on PC so I'm only in for Rev 2.

I'd rather just get the Raid Mode for a tenner or something but eh.

nick_b

Does this mean that they might actually localize MHXX for US? I mean, I'm definitely going to get Rev 1&2 on Switch because they're great but, do you think if we keep buying Capcpom games on Switch they will localize MHXX?

Please? I will do anything! I can't go back to the 3DS! I just can't!

A version of Revelations 2 on the go that actually runs well (sorry, Vita version) would be amazing and is kind of making me want a Switch.

I just want to Raid Mode all the time everywhere.

Fine! Gimme' a sec

Edit - and done
Awesome :) Welcome back mac!

Here's a high-score run I did in RE6 Mercs No Mercy. The first minute or so is running around collecting time bonuses so that I can then focus on one unbroken chain of enemy kills for the maximum 300 combo. It break 2,000,000. Lots of diving, rolling, sliding, quick shots, counters, etc. The game is more Platinum in its over-the-top action than Vanquish itself, and it's not even made by them, lol.
That looks really fun! Was that coop too?

Never knew a mode like that is part of what makes a RE game great to some people. I only ever played the campaigns :)

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
The characters in RER2 are so good. I got super-attached to all of them. Wouldn't mind a direct sequel to that one in particular.

I agree. Probably the only RE game I've played where characters actually act and talk like real human beings (at least some of the time).

Top Bottom