• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 confirmed for Switch

Wasp14

I haven’t had the chance to play either of these so this will be a day one purchase for me. I’m also really happy the Switch is getting more shooters.

Akoi

Bring on the posts capcom! We know you are just dying to do it!

Such a relief to see this console get some 3rd party support.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I have never played Dragons Dogma, so hopefully that makes it across as well.

I didn't like RE6 and thought it was bloated shit and found Chris and Jake sections weren't survival horror anymore

You thought the Leon parts of RE6 were survival horror?

Neiteio

Here's a high-score run I did in RE6 Mercs No Mercy. The first minute or so is running around collecting time bonuses so that I can then focus on one unbroken chain of enemy kills for the maximum 300 combo. It break 2,000,000. Lots of diving, rolling, sliding, quick shots, counters, etc. The game is more Platinum in its over-the-top action than Vanquish itself, and it's not even made by them, lol.

That looks really fun! Was that coop too?

Never knew a mode like that is part of what makes a RE game great to some people. I only ever played the campaigns :)
You can play Mercs in co-op — both online, and offline in local splitscreen — but it's just as fun in single-player. RE6 Mercs has a great variety of maps and characters, and a HUGE variety of monsters. You really need all of the combat and mobility mechanics to survive. It's super-addictive. :-O

Did the original Rev 2 have any sort of motion-assisted aiming, cause if not having that with the joycons would make that entire second half a lot easier to go through.

kromeo

I replayed the whole series before 7 came out and I enjoyed Revelations 2 most out of all the over the shoulder games. Not going to buy it again but I can definitely recommend it

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
You thought the Leon parts of RE6 were survival horror?

More survival horror than Chris and Leon's parts.

Well I think surival horror is the wrong term, I think action horror is the right term. Chris and Leon's parts were more of action with kinda horror.

jonno394

I assume the cart+digital route is to keep the retail price from being too high by having to use a larger cart to store both games?

AniHawk

this seems like one of those quick decisions made off of ultra street fighter ii doing well. i bet november is the soonest they can get it out. and really, $40 for two games is a great price even if one comes on a voucher.

Neiteio

Revelations 1 is one of the worst RE games, in my opinion. Cool that 2 is coming.
RER1 is great once you learn to abuse the sidestep and realize that you're supposed to target an enemy's limbs to stun them for melee setups, not their heads.

The thing I like about RER1 is it has good pacing with the leisurely Metroidvania-style ship sections as the core and the more linear action-packed gauntlets to mix things up every other chapter.

You leave one group of characters in a cliffhanger, then return to another group and leave them in a cliffhanger, then go back to the original. Rinse, repeat. It kept me invested.

RER2 is definitely the better game, though. Much more focused, with RE4-style journey-like pacing, thick atmosphere, and much more grounded character development and themes. RE2's zapping system even returns.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
More survival horror than Chris and Leon's parts.

Well I think surival horror is the wrong term, I think action horror is the right term. Chris and Leon's parts were more of action with kinda horror.

After you leave the subway it was pretty much all action IIRC

this seems like one of those quick decisions made off of ultra street fighter ii doing well. i bet november is the soonest they can get it out. and really, $40 for two games is a great price even if one comes on a voucher.

It really isn't.

Should have made them individual releases if they don't fit the 32GB card.

Neiteio

BTW, some people from the other thread eating crow now: They were insisting Capcom would add a Switch tax, but we're getting these two games at the same price we'd get them on PS4 ($20 each, so $40 together).

It really isn't.

That would honestly be a pretty bad idea. This is fine. It's not ideal but it's better than two separate SKUs, which would likely be $30 apiece. Or they could have charged $50 or $60 to have both on one cart, which would have been just as bad. Obviously the best option would have been both on one cart for $40, but Capcom, like many third parties, aren't willing to eat the extra costs, at least not yet.

LaNaranja

Would people rather pay another $39.99 for a separate physical version of Revelations 2 on Switch or something? I doubt any company can launch a new Switch game physically for a low price at the moment.

Has Been Heroes launched with a physical copy at $20 back in March.

141704b.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Played the Revelations demo for 3DS and Wii U but never bought it. Maybe I should finally change that lol

Neiteio

Played the Revelations demo for 3DS and Wii U but never bought it. Maybe I should finally change that lol
Wait for the Switch version. It'll be based on RER HD, which features additional monsters, Raid characters, etc. And it's in HD, of course.

Kindekuma

Banned
It really isn't.

Ports and HD bundles benefit from having more than 1 game packaged in the deal. Sure, maybe selling 2 separately in physical would bring in more money. But it's already cheaper to get it physical or in the bundle on eShop than each game digitally separately.

141704b.jpg

To be fair, that game is very small in download size and the profit margin between the lowest size you can buy as a cartridge and a bluray is probably comparable.

Give me more ports more ports!!!

*sigh*

Games are games, man. If you're gonna fill the library with games that are on other systems, might as well be good games.

141704b.jpg

Isn't that on the lowest density Switch cart?

Ports and HD bundles benefit from having more than 1 game packaged in the deal. Sure, maybe selling 2 separately in physical would bring in more money, but I'm sure on eShop you can choose to buy one or the other, or both at your own discretion.

You can, according to Capcom. Each game will be $19.99 on the eShop.

massoluk

Banned
At retail across North America you will find these two games as a combo pack dubbed Resident Evil Revelations Collection, which includes one cartridge with Revelations as well as a digital download voucher for Revelations 2 for $39.99. Both games will be available as individual digital downloads at $19.99 each
The fuck is wrong with you Capcom? Is this another fucking test? What are you trying to prove. Lol

Neiteio

Give me more ports more ports!!!
YESSS

RE4, RE5 and RE6 next.

RE: Origins Collection would be sweet, too.

Also, Umbrella Chronicles HD and Darkside Chronicles HD with single joy-con two-player co-op right out of the box? Lawd.

And if they can manage to do a good port, REVII would be swell.

This move has left me with 0 faith in any third party porting collections to the Switch.

I'm expecting now Remake with digital 0 or Bayo 2 with Bayo 1 code and shit like that.

Guess I'm out.

This move has left me with 0 faith in any third party porting collections to the Switch.

I'm expecting now Remake with digital 0 or Bayo 2 with Bayo 1 code and shit like that.

Guess I'm out.

Nintendo will probably be fine putting their own collections (like Bayo 1 and 2) on a single cart.

Would these be a good place to jump in if I've not played 5-7? Are they relatively self contained?

You should be fine. RE stories are mostly nonsense anyway (fun stories....but still nonsense).

NateDrake

Guess I'm out.
Carts cost money. This is a compromise to keep price parity.

If this cost $10-$20 more on Switch there'd be issue with that.

YESSS

RE4, RE5 and RE6 next.

RE: Origins Collection would be sweet, too.

Also, Umbrella Chronicles HD and Darkside Chronicles HD with single joy-con two-player co-op right out of the box? Lawd.

And if they can manage to do a good port, REVII would be swell.

Give me RE Origins collection along with 4 and i'm happy. RE 4 and 0 on the go would be amazing

Rncewind

Guess I'm out.

yeah i mean its great for people who have no problem with this but i only buy retail.

Capcom is pretty shit on this, still salty they didnt release Phoenix Wright collection in retail here

Top Bottom