• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Oh god I just made a huge mistake. I was howering around the buy button but had to restart the web store and accidentally bought the PS3 version >_>. And of course crossbuy seems to be for pre-orders only. I guess I'll try contacting Sony and in the worse case I'll be enjoying a more cinematic version of the game.

Seyavesh

Wait, Capcom reuse RE6 levels for Raid mode? So lazy..

this may surprise you somehow, but this game has maaaaaaaaaad reused assets for raid mode
like i just got a chicago typewriter that i think is probably using the dang ps2/gc model with updated textures
though i guess i'm part of the problem because i actually enjoy having this massive range of weapons that are all reused stuff as "throwbacks" or whatever

other way i think the episodic nature of the game hurts it:
raid mode's mission segments and no online play at the start makes you start to feel the grind real fast as there's a pretty rough lack of enemies brought on by (most likely) the inability to use enemies from across the entire game

Kssio_Aug

If I buy the Episode 1 alone, can I buy as DLC the extra episodes and HUNK?

Is it recommended to get the full pack, or just one episode?

this may surprise you somehow, but this game has maaaaaaaaaad reused assets for raid mode
like i just got a chicago typewriter that i think is probably using the dang ps2/gc model with updated textures
though i guess i'm part of the problem because i actually enjoy having this massive range of weapons that are all reused stuff as "throwbacks" or whatever

other way i think the episodic nature of the game hurts it:
raid mode's mission segments and no online play at the start makes you start to feel the grind real fast as there's a pretty rough lack of enemies brought on by (most likely) the inability to use enemies from across the entire game

I might just hold off on the raid mode then til I play the entire campaign. Don't need to rush through it.

is there anyway to quick 180 degree turn? It's killing me not being able to do that =/

I always use classic RE4 controls, and I can do it by pressing back on the L stick and X (or A button on xbox)

Not sure if it works with other control schemes.

Costumes are a little pricey, no?

Yet Wesker's only 2.50.

Would much rather have more DLC characters for variety sake.

I always use classic RE4 controls, and I can do it by pressing back on the L stick and X (or A button on xbox)

Not sure if it works with other control schemes.

Down and Run button like always, it's there...it's slower than REmakes though.

Thanks fellas. I tried that before, maybe I pressed a wrong buttom or something.

joe2187

Banned
I'm suddenly in the mood for a Claire sandwich...

Needs some ranch

3K4R6Kq.gif

FLAguy954

Frame times are generally stable after disabling Vsync in the config file (users/(yourusername)/appdata/local/CAPCOM/RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS2) and forcing triple buffering in RadeonPro. The game still has super random frame drops (at one point it was hanging around 30 fps as you can see in the following image):

Note: this is at 2560x1600

Corpekata

Banned
Okay, past the tutorial area and yeah, the game does run a lot better now. Have to lock the refresh rate and FPS to 60, as above 60 and the camera has a pretty bad judder above it.

Survival is no joke difficulty wise, gets pretty harrowing at times.

Craving to play this at work. Will probably stream a bunch of raid after work. I'll probably double dip on vita just for the portable raid mode, I just hope that there is cross save.

rotar2

Neo Member
Despite a lot of freezing on the loading screen while playing Raid mode, I'm still enjoying this quite a lot. Has anyone played
Gina
in the Raid mode yet? I can't really figure out how to do decent damage while not dying on the higher levels without weapons.

Also, where in the world do I go to change costumes for characters on raid mode?

Daigoro

anyone know how to do the charged melee attack? when i hold down the trigger button it just swings automatically. what am i doing wrong?

rotar2

Neo Member
anyone know how to do the charged melee attack? when i hold down the trigger button it just swings automatically. what am i doing wrong?

I believe the skill is actually worded confusingly. It actually refers to your finishing melee moves (when enemy is on the ground or stunned) which could be charged to deal additional damage.

dreamfall

Why is my Steam version not showing an Install button?! I can't even download it, bought it from GMG. I thought it was unlocked?

Edit- Oh, had to restart Steam/I'm an idiot!

Despite a lot of freezing on the loading screen while playing Raid mode, I'm still enjoying this quite a lot. Has anyone played
Gina
in the Raid mode yet? I can't really figure out how to do decent damage while not dying on the higher levels without weapons.

Also, where in the world do I go to change costumes for characters on raid mode?
If you have the outfit bought you go under character customization and there should be a change outfit option.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Not the worst set of frametimes I've ever seen but compared to previous MT Framework games frame pacing is really erratic. It feels like someone is shaking me whilst playing.

Plus going up to 3840x2160 I get CPU stalls when certain alpha effects are on screen. I think it needs a liiitttle TLC to iron some of these kinks out.
Hmm, I'm working on coverage of this now.

I've had no issues with frame-times on my setup at 1440p but I have not been able to use any resolutions over that. nVidia DSR doesn't work and I can't go above my monitor's native resolution.

Is Survival Mode like Infernal in the first game where enemies flood the hallways Silent Hill style?

Edit: There does seem to be something weird with the game though. Have vsync off because gsync is activated and despite running at 90-120 FPS it often feels incredibly juttery. 1440P native if it matters.

Daigoro

i was reading in the RAID manual that you are supposed to be able to connect to RE.net from the option menu, but im not seeing it anywhere.

is the functionality not set up yet at all for the game? (i know online mode isnt enabled yet, just talking about re.net fof the game in general)

FLAguy954

Hmm, I'm working on coverage of this now.

I've had no issues with frame-times on my setup at 1440p but I have not been able to use any resolutions over that. nVidia DSR doesn't work and I can't go above my monitor's native resolution.

That's weird. I'm using AMD's VSR to downsample from 1600p with no issues and the poster you quoted is most likely using DSR so idk.

Kuraudo

Banned
i was reading in the RAID manual that you are supposed to be able to connect to RE.net from the option menu, but im not seeing it anywhere.

is the functionality not set up yet at all for the game? (i know online mode isnt enabled yet, just talking about re.net fof the game in general)

Doesn't seem to be up yet. RE.net only has game areas for REmake, RE6 and Rev HD at the moment.

Hagi

So is the Samurai Edge just DLC? i swear that the first time i went to the shop in Raid Mode it was able to purchase but after i done the first mission it was gone. :/

Should have bought it at the time.

That's incredibly out of character and fucking ridiculous costume for someone like Claire. I know I know, it's not "canon" nor is it used on the main campaign but damn, it's so out of place it ain't even funny.
I say Moiras is more out of character and random. But these wacky costumes are just for fun. I feel Barry's outdmfit is a little too plain. Can use a Cape or a fancy hat.

Hagi

That's incredibly out of character and fucking ridiculous costume for someone like Claire. I know I know, it's not "canon" nor is it used on the main campaign but damn, it's so out of place it ain't even funny.

I think it's pretty safe considering the stuff her brother has to wear lol

Not a fan of Moiras though, shitty tattoos and a pink neon bra ruin the look. Barry needs a Mike Haggar costume pronto.

Daigoro

Barry looks exactly like some character actor i cant name. wish i could remember who im thinking of.

kind of looks like Bryan Cranston, but thats not who im thinking of.

Doesn't seem to be up yet. RE.net only has game areas for REmake, RE6 and Rev HD at the moment.

hm, yeah i figured that was it. thanks.

Had to lock it at 60 for now, hopefully they fix the frame time issues.

Is there a way to disable the map? Was so happy with the hudless screen as it's how I played Resie 6 and obviously Remake.

Does this game still have raid mode where they dropped loot and you levelled up like in RE1? Would this game take as long to complete and get all trophies like the first one or doesn't it have that type of replay value where you level up and find better loot and weapons? I can't see how it can be like the first if it's episodic?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
For anyone experiencing crashes in Raid Mode, or it crashing when you start, disable Steam Overlay. I found out that was causing it.

ArjanN

Barry looks exactly like some character actor i cant name. wish i could remember who im thinking of.

kind of looks like Bryan Cranston, but thats not who im thinking of.

I felt the final boss of Revelations 1 looked a lot like Bryan Cranston

Does this game still have raid mode where they dropped loot and you levelled up like in RE1? Would this game take as long to complete and get all trophies like the first one or doesn't it have that type of replay value where you level up and find better loot and weapons? I can't see how it can be like the first if it's episodic?

Yes, it has a Raid mode again, and I assume certain characters/levels for it are just locked until the episode featuring them is out.

So I was looking at the statistics for raid and noticed a character name I don't have unlocked. Is
Cipher
the character you unlock at 90 completion medals? Is he from revelations 1 or l someone yet to be introduced?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Does anyone know how to change your level on Raid Mode? Trying to get Complete medals, and need to be under-leveled.

Symtendo

Quick question. I've been on the UK store and seen the first episode is £5 and the season pass is £15. Does the season pass include episode one or do I have to buy both?

Quoting for the new page. Looking forward to this!

FLAguy954

YOU GUYS!

RE5 Executioner! http://youtu.be/KWHxItCL6p0 5:16

I was so surprised omg. I wonder if they have RE5 stages.

I also seen the "Mayday" boss from Revelations 1 while doing the daily challenge. Also, I just have to say that I am loving how smooth and responsive the dodging is.

I am loving Raid mode but I hate how the weapon parts are permanent and you have to pay (in-game) money to get rid of them -_-.

Top Bottom