• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yep it's funny all the assets they're reusing, perhaps another reason why they're only charging 25.

Hoping with all the stage stuff, we get extra characters like Chris, Jake and Leon for Raid as well.

It's a weird thing, in many ways the game shows its budget hard, but I actually don't mind it. I find both the campaign and Raid Mode to be very fun, and I actually don't mind that they're using a shit ton of stuff in Raid Mode. I can feel the addiction seeping in.

It's a weird thing, in many ways the game shows its budget hard, but I actually don't mind it. I find both the campaign and Raid Mode to be very fun, and I actually don't mind that they're using a shit ton of stuff in Raid Mode. I can feel the addiction seeping in.
I always dreamed of a resident evil with mercenaries that has maps and characters from every game. This is doing a great job fulfilling the thirst.

Dusk Golem

Also, it seems online for the game will be added on March 17th. ResidentEvil.Net updated saying that RE.Net support for Revelations 2 will go live on March 17th, will work like the first Revelations and can earn RE points, buy parts and weapons with RE or weapon caches, will be online events and other stuff, but as RE.Net needs the... Well, online in the game to work, betting that's also the day Raid Mode gets online co-op.

Kssio_Aug

If it's $20, then it'd be Complete Season, which is the next three episodes + the two bonus episodes + HUNK. Only be missing out on the Raid Throwback Pack, Wesker, and Costumes.

The 40 dollars pack doesnt offer the bolded content, right? Sorry the confusion, is because I'm looking into a different region store (brazilian one), so I'm not sure if I'm seeing the same packages.

Dusk Golem

The 40 dollars pack doesnt offer the bolded content, right? Sorry the confusion, is because I'm looking into a different region store (brazilian one), so I'm not sure if I'm seeing the same packages.

Oh, no, the $40 pack has everything. No trouble for confusion, I may have made it more confusing. I think they should of used different terms than Complete Season and Complete Pack to help differentiate them. Does it say what it has in it?

Kssio_Aug

Oh, no, the $40 pack has everything. No trouble for confusion, I may have made it more confusing. I think they should of used different terms than Complete Season and Complete Pack to help differentiate them. Does it say what it has in it?

No, sorry, I am the one who did the confusion now! lol
The 24 dollars pack that contains every episode and HUNK, but not the Throwback, Wesker, and Costumes, right?

I'm not intending to buy all costumes, and maybe not even Wesker or Hunk, my biggest concern is the Thworback pack, that, if I'm not mistaken is actually gameplay content.

I just want to know if I did the right deal to my interest, getting the Episode 1 alone.

SeanTSC

Played through both characters on PS4 and thankfully never noticed any heavy drops No issues with Raid either. Sucks for those that can easily notice this stuff. Only thing that i can't take is screen tearing.

Yeah, I've played through Claire's side about a dozen times now and never noticed any drops, stuttering, or hitching at all. I feel like I'm playing a different game than the one in the DF video.

With Barry though you can feel the drops in some of the outdoors areas. I guess his flashlight can make it worse too in the forest. Hopefully just needs an optimization patch to fix something and hopefully that won't take long. It really hasn't impacted the game at all for me so far, since the areas with Barry it happens the worst in are super brief.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
If there's not at least a couple unlockable costumes (through gameplay) I will be seriously annoyed.

DLC is fine. It doesn't annoy me... unless it's totally obnoxious and a game series with a long-established history of unlocking outfits suddenly has none, except 4 you pay 10 bucks for.

I mean, seriously.

This actually seems like a really cool lower budget RE game that is designed for re-playability with the way it's bringing in content from other games and adding it's own. It does feel a little 'off' (especially in RE6 raid mode stages moving so slow) but after a little bit of getting used to it I'm coming around to it.

Ricker

Just finished,loved it,awesome ending and that Barry fan service line near the end lol...next week looks nuts as well...I love this format,since it will come later as a full game,everyone can play it as they like.

Seyavesh

oh my god gina's voice in raid mode

also it's kinda weird that claire, gina and moira all share the same melee attacks but HUNK and wesker have very distinct melees from them and barry

what's up with that

Just finished,loved it,awesome ending and that Barry fan service line near the end lol...next week looks nuts as well...I love this format,since it will come later as a full game,everyone can play it as they like.

Glad to see you liked it. I think people will enjoy what episode 2 brings to the table.

FLAguy954

FN8ixes.gif

What bloody platform am I suppose to buy this on if every single one has a screwed up framerate? Are you telling me the Xbone version is the best performing?

Xbone doesn't get close to the 120 fps I get @ 1920x1200. So PC still wins, even with its issues.

My only big complaint about this game is the red low health splash on the screen, I would prefer the character to limp to show damage instead of red paint.

If there's not at least a couple unlockable costumes (through gameplay) I will be seriously annoyed.

DLC is fine. It doesn't annoy me... unless it's totally obnoxious and a game series with a long-established history of unlocking outfits suddenly has none, except 4 you pay 10 bucks for.

I mean, seriously.

I really want classic outfits for Claire and Barry, I would actually pay for those.

joe2187

Banned
No work around on the DLC problem?

The DLC is somewhat borked.

if you're on PS4 check go to the XMB menu for REV2 and scroll down to the DLC addons. It should show you all the current DLC and if you own it or not and allow to download it if you already purchased it, like the season pass stuff.

if not check the web store and search for each item, and try and download from there.

I had to do that to get HUNK.

Some Claire story mode help please:

I'm at the part where
you have to open the door with Moira and waves of enemies are coming at you. I know you can use the fire machine, but that breaks the object with the gold custom item so I dont want to do that
. Anyway, how do I get that item. Does the thing stop spinning after I finish the segment?

Also, there is another customize item in the back of a room with another spinny thing, how do I get back there?

ezekial45

Banned
Some Claire story mode help please:

I'm at the part where
you have to open the door with Moira and waves of enemies are coming at you. I know you can use the fire machine, but that breaks the object with the gold custom item so I dont want to do that
. Anyway, how do I get that item. Does the thing stop spinning after I finish the segment?

Also, there is another customize item in the back of a room with another spinny thing, how do I get back there?
Ignore the parts for now.

AdaWong

I liked the shit out of what I was able to play.

This is a must-have.

Moira's flashlight breaks the game though.
You're able to clear mobs of enemies just using her, she's actually stronger than claire.

She really is. The game is much harder using Claire.

The DLC is somewhat borked.

if you're on PS4 check go to the XMB menu for REV2 and scroll down to the DLC addons. It should show you all the current DLC and if you own it or not and allow to download it if you already purchased it, like the season pass stuff.

if not check the web store and search for each item, and try and download from there.

I had to do that to get HUNK.
Samurai edge doesn't show up on there despite purchase.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
oh my god gina's voice in raid mode

also it's kinda weird that claire, gina and moira all share the same melee attacks but HUNK and wesker have very distinct melees from them and barry

what's up with that

I'm guessing it's because Claire, Gina, and Moira are all new characters (new models anyway). HUNK and Wesker were probably ported from RE5 or RE:Mercenaries, and already had existing movesets.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
How connected is Revelations 2 to the first Revelations? Do you need to play the first or is it a game on its own?

EDIT: Oh, according to the OP you don't need to, eh?

I don't recall any RE characters swearing much if at all before. I guess she's making up for it lol

I think it's kind of off putting to be honest. Sure, the series has always had bad writing, but there's a difference between corny dialogue and immature dialogue. Resident Evil, despite being very violent and gory, never used to have characters that ran around frequently spewing curse words. Cursing doesn't bother me whatsoever as I'm very guilty of it, but I think that a series should maintain its tone and form. You'd hear words like hell or damn, stuff like that, but Moira is just an absolute clown.

I enjoyed Revelations 1 and this one so far, but they really have produced the most obnoxious and immature protagonists the series has seen yet.

Korosenai

Read the op but didn't see it mentioned or shown. What does the retail exclusive weaker look like, and what maps are included in the raid throwback pack?

Seyavesh

It's really fun with tense atmosphere. I love the setting and environments in general. The enemies are also really cool.
if the game turns out to be good, it's gonna be kind of a disappointment that it was lowly budgeted haha
like there's a lot of hooks towards some real interesting encounter potentials in the raid mode enemies alongside the actual existing design of the areas that claire/barry explore vs. the hallway hells of re5/6/rev1

the areas being built like old RE style stuff where you actually have to explore the map to unlock progression through 'em is a good sign, but it depends on how much they expand that from this first episode since it's supposed to be the tutorial part of the game

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
like there's a lot of hooks towards some real interesting encounter potentials in the raid mode enemies alongside the actual existing design of the areas that claire/barry explore vs. the hallway hells of re5/6/rev1
Interesting areas to explore? What game are you playing?

It's just a bunch of featureless hallways and generic looking forest areas. The places you visited in RE5 and 6 were so much more interesting and varied.

so I keep reading around and getting mixed information...

using this forum and co optimus and steam, i'm fuckin lost

does ps4 and xbone have splitscreen or online co op?

does PC have splitscreen or online co op?

Do any versions have splitscreen or online co op?

so I keep reading around and getting mixed information...

using this forum and co optimus and steam, i'm fuckin lost

does ps4 and xbone have splitscreen or online co op?

does PC have splitscreen or online co op?

Do any versions have splitscreen or online co op?

I think the campaign has only splitscreen co op for PS4 and Xbone

Raid mode has online co op and splitscreen co op for PS4 and Xbone

I don't know anything about the PC version. Sorry.

Top Bottom