• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Shauni

Trying to do Countdown Mode now. I blasted through Claire/Moira's with little problem, but I keep getting stuck at various places in Barry and Natty's and having to start over. I knew it'd be hard, but didn't expect it to be so frustrating. Think I may just for invisible mode for now and come back to Countdown later.

Trying to do Countdown Mode now. I blasted through Claire/Moira's with little problem, but I keep getting stuck at various places in Barry and Natty's and having to start over. I knew it'd be hard, but didn't expect it to be so frustrating. Think I may just for invisible mode for now and come back to Countdown later.
How do play those modes?

atomico

I'm at level 7, and finished the 1st mission package. However, I'm starting to stuck with low level weapons... I repeated one of the missions a couple of times to see if I would get better weapons, but I only got two shotguns... and I dont care for shotguns right now (I prefer to have a pistol, a rifle and a magnum).

Any hint to grind better weapons?

Give the first mission on hard difficulty a try. I got a lvl 14 SMG and and 13 AR from it on my first try, with a lvl 8 character. Just bring a decent pump-action shotgun and a magnum and it's a walk in the park.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Allright! Thanks! I'll keep trying a bit more! =)

Another tip is use parts to your advantage.

Currently my gun of choice is a magnum that I have made to not only have more damage output, but also has a 67% chance of burning enemies when I shoot them with it, and if I get the killing blow with the magnum, I get 5% health back as well as 30% more experience. Best part is if they die from burning damage, that counts as a killing blow.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I feel like I have to be missing some timers in Barry's section. I was low on time and ran to the door to open up the upstair cells and it checkpointed me with 10 seconds left so I basically had to stop.

Jawmuncher

I don't think that will pop up until another game with Jake in it, if ever, alas.

But trust me, don't go digging through the files if you don't want big spoilers, there's some stuff in pretty plain sight if you just look through them. However, some of the stuff is stuff I really want to talk about, but I think should wait until the episodes are out and we can all talk about them from experiencing them with context in the game, and for surprises in the actual game.

I will say three things though, it seems they're taking the Revelations title seriously this time. I think this might be the most interconnected Resident Evil game ever. It's very connected with the rest of the series, and if I'm reading all of this correctly, may even have ties outside of its own series.

Dino Crisis crossover confirmed
Seriously though the talk already referring to older games already has me excited. Has always bothered me how the series really kept that stuff apart a lot of times.

Kssio_Aug

Give the first mission on hard difficulty a try. I got a lvl 14 SMG and and 13 AR from it on my first try, with a lvl 8 character. Just bring a decent pump-action shotgun and a magnum and it's a walk in the park.

I need 30 medals for that. I still only have 23! :( But as as soon as possible I'll give it a try!

Another tip is use parts to your advantage.

Currently my gun of choice is a magnum that I have made to not only have more damage output, but also has a 67% chance of burning enemies when I shoot them with it, and if I get the killing blow with the magnum, I get 5% health back as well as 30% more experience. Best part is if they die from burning damage, that counts as a killing blow.

Thats a great combo of weapon parts!! Actually I equiped recently a 7% chance to burn in my AK47, and besides the chances being very low, it already help me a bunch!

Shauni

I feel like I have to be missing some timers in Barry's section. I was low on time and ran to the door to open up the upstair cells and it checkpointed me with 10 seconds left so I basically had to stop.

I'm getting the same feeling. Just seems like they give you almost no time for the long stretches of his campaign.

Holy shit at one of the secret files...

E-mail from Barry to Chris. "And you got Jill back! I was so happy I could have did cartwheels down the streets! If I hear you're hitting the gym again, I'm gonna come down and kick your ass personally!"

I don't think that will pop up until another game with Jake in it, if ever, alas.

But trust me, don't go digging through the files if you don't want big spoilers, there's some stuff in pretty plain sight if you just look through them. However, some of the stuff is stuff I really want to talk about, but I think should wait until the episodes are out and we can all talk about them from experiencing them with context in the game, and for surprises in the actual game.

I will say three things though, it seems they're taking the Revelations title seriously this time. I think this might be the most interconnected Resident Evil game ever. It's very connected with the rest of the series, and if I'm reading all of this correctly, may even have ties outside of its own series.
Without giving away anything, are there ties to REv 1? A friend of mine got the season pass of this so we can do Raid together when online launches, however he hasn't played REv 1 yet.

Lucent

Holy shit at one of the secret files...

E-mail from Barry to Chris. "And you got Jill back! I was so happy I could have did cartwheels down the streets! If I hear you're hitting the gym again, I'm gonna come down and kick your ass personally!"

LOL!!

This game has the greatest fan service of all time.

I'm so excited for the next episodes, and I'm liking the structure more than I thought I would. I like having a week to sort of go through each episode on replays for collectables and trophy grinding. Does anyone know when this game takes place chronologically? Seems to be after RE5 and before RE6.

Lol. This must be why he got smaller in RE6.

This makes the third reference that both made my jaw drop and laugh, somehow, simultaneously. And it's just the first episode. Maybe the references and in-jokes taper off after this one, but it's been super enjoyable as a fan.

Shauni

This game has the greatest fan service of all time.

I'm so excited for the next episodes, and I'm liking the structure more than I thought I would. I like having a week to sort of go through each episode on replays for collectables and trophy grinding. Does anyone know when this game takes place chronologically? Seems to be after RE5 and before RE6.

It's between 5 and 6, yes, like the first Revelations is between 4 and 5.

t1gerjaw

I hope when it's all said and done we get a "Next on Resident Evil"...

BAAAM- RESIDENT EVIL 7 trailer powered by Panty Raid, more at E3 2015!

A man can dream, can't he?

Grisby

Wooo, got in some decent raid time. Just destroying and racking up medals with my lvl 7 magnum that goes through dudes like butter.

Gonna be even more fun when this mode gets co-op.

I hope I can stay spoiler free for the upcoming episodes. I really don't want to know anything.

Since RE6 hasn't happened yet, could this even end with setup for RE7? It would be incredibly cool, but it doesn't seem likely.

I hope I can stay spoiler free for the upcoming episodes. I really don't want to know anything.

Since RE6 hasn't happened yet, could this even end with setup for RE7? It would be incredibly cool, but it doesn't seem likely.

RER didn't end with any setup to RE6 so I doubt this one will. In fact, the RER ending still has a few cliffhangers.

RER didn't end with any setup to RE6 so I doubt this one will. In fact, the RER ending still has a few cliffhangers.

It could at least have information plants related to stuff in RE7, even if it doesn't directly set up for it or end with a trailer. I don't think it will, but who knows.

Fury451

Banned
This makes the third reference that both made my jaw drop and laugh, somehow, simultaneously. And it's just the first episode. Maybe the references and in-jokes taper off after this one, but it's been super enjoyable as a fan.

Completely agree, this game has had more character in just one chapter than any RE in a long time.

I laughed at the
master of unlocking
line towards the end. Love how Barry delivers his dialogue, especially the "My name is Barry. Don't wear it out". Such dad humor. And his reaction to his daughters liberal use of language lol.

Good lord, Barrys campaign is a cakewalk compared to Claires

Weird, I have the complete opposite experience. The first campaign was tricky but I got through quick and smooth, the second one offered more of a challenge.

Completely agree, this game has had more character in just one chapter than any RE in a long time.

One of my problems with RE6 was how everyone seemed to have a giant log up their ass (aside from Jake who was by far the best character for that very reason). Yeah, they were in a bad situation, but that's even more reason for characters to have a personality. The events of RE4 for example were so over the top that Leon just rolled with it and became a sarcasm artist. That was fun. 5 and 6 by comparison felt lacking in personality; I didn't think the way they handled Chris was wrong, but they've still yet to give him that much of a personality beyond someone who lifts whilst intoxicated.

Again, it makes sense, but these games need flavor. The last thing they need to be is super serious. They're campy as hell and like anything campy, you need that personality and quirk to really make it work. This game has thankfully brought the camp back ten-fold; Barry's dialogue and voice acting is so tongue in cheek that the cheek most certainly must be sore by this point, and Claire has developed in a logical way forward; I felt like she had a good personality in CV, and this just simply feels like a more aged version of that Claire.

FLAguy954

This is probably the only time I have the number one rank (in some metric) in this game:

raptrsgjay.png

Disclaimer: I'm off from work today so I've been playing Raid mode all damn day.

AdaWong

One of my problems with RE6 was how everyone seemed to have a giant log up their ass (aside from Jake who was by far the best character for that very reason). Yeah, they were in a bad situation, but that's even more reason for characters to have a personality. The events of RE4 for example were so over the top that Leon just rolled with it and became a sarcasm artist. That was fun. 5 and 6 by comparison felt lacking in personality; I didn't think the way they handled Chris was wrong, but they've still yet to give him that much of a personality beyond someone who lifts whilst intoxicated.

Again, it makes sense, but these games need flavor. The last thing they need to be is super serious. They're campy as hell and like anything campy, you need that personality and quirk to really make it work. This game has thankfully brought the camp back ten-fold; Barry's dialogue and voice acting is so tongue in cheek that the cheek most certainly must be sore by this point, and Claire has developed in a logical way forward; I felt like she had a good personality in CV, and this just simply feels like a more aged version of that Claire.

But... Ada was cracking jokes left and right as if the world wasn't burning or a chainsaw monster was trying to hack her head off.

Started playing this tonight and I'm happy with it considering the price point. Wish it was all Barry though - playing Barry is like going back to the campy action fun of RE4. Love his voice acting ("
This place is crazy!
").

Raid mode is easily the reason you buy this. Its a lot of fun and I wish we had online coop already.

Unfortunately I walked blind right into what seems to be a lot of DLC and online issues that are already a pain in the ass. Not only do I get the raid mode freezes, but I went ahead and bought one of the $1 guns just for the hell of it and both PSN and the game are pretending it doesn't exist. I got charged, but I'm not even able to download it (no content error). Other people in the help forums are saying they were given completely different items after buying one or the other.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Alright, did Claire/Barry campaign with invisible enemies. Wasn't tooooo bad though that flamehead room got sketchy.

I still can't finish Barry's half in the time mode though.

FatalT

Banned
I know who the 90 completions medals challenge unlocks but I'm not sure if it's a new character specifically made for Revelations 2 like Gina or if it's someone from a previous game.

The challenges information shows a character named "Cipher."

http://i.imgur.com/VEFwetU.jpg

I'm not sure if this has been discussed in this thread yet but I was just curious about whoever this is.

joe2187

Banned
I know who the 90 completions medals challenge unlocks but I'm not sure if it's a new character specifically made for Revelations 2 like Gina or if it's someone from a previous game.

The challenges information shows a character named "Cipher."

http://i.imgur.com/VEFwetU.jpg

I'm not sure if this has been discussed in this thread yet but I was just curious about whoever this is.

Its the green glowy "Matrix" looking model when you start up Raid mode.

FatalT

Banned
Its the green glowy "Matrix" looking model when you start up Raid mode.

Seriously? Well that's disappointing for 90 friggin completion medals. Oh well! It'd be cooler if you got to play as a giant chunk of tofu and your only weapon was a powered up knife :p Old school Resident Evil 1 shenanigans!

If anyone was on the fence about buying this, just buy the first episode that's out right now. If you decide you really like it and want to buy the season pass, it goes to $19.99 instead of $24.99 so you only "waste" $5. I'm curious if it would bump the price to $14.99 if I buy the second episode separately.

I'm a bit low on money at the moment and there's a lot coming out in March so that's why I haven't just bought the season pass already.

Wish I hadn't seen the preview. I skipped it but it caught me by surprise so I ended up watching most of it.
Gotta be careful with that in the other episodes, they're too spoilerish.

dellingr

Ah, you guys have convinced me to get the digital version instead of physical. I can't wait any longer! There are too many games releasing next month anyway.

Nemesis_

I got all the completion medals for Raid in the first set of missions, but now whenever I go to load up the Raid Mode it just freezes :/

Anyone else had this issue?

edit A hard reset of the console (hold the Xbox logo until it turns off) fixed the problem.

Nemesis_

Ugh Raid Mode is so much more fun than it was in Revelations 1. It's really different, right? I just find it so much more approachable (and yet still with the same amount of depth) than the original one.

Top Bottom