• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 |OT| Yeah, but it's only $25

Shauni

How do you unlock the secret files? They are all ?????? in my menu.

You have to get all of the collectibles (tower emblem, kafka paintings, and insect larva), and then unlock them with BP. I think there's only 3 for episode one, though I'm not sure what beating the game in countdown and invisible mode unlocks.

Reebot

Few things I really like about rev 2:

Content to price ratio is really good, loads of modes, extras just in episode 1.
Giving both story mode stuff and raid content every chapter is a great way to do it, something for everyone.
Cutting up the story into two different playable teams works out better then I expected, you get two locations, two play styles, two views of the story for every chapter you buy.

I think this works a lot better then just buying story missions one at a time or selling raid mode as a seperate dlc add-on, selling small and tight bundles of content which cover all grounds is the right way to do it.

I think this game is a really good model for RE spin-offs moving forward. Rev 2 was probably comparably cheap to produce and recycles a lot of assets but its designed around that issue so you don't really feel it.

As much as I like ORC as a guilty pleasure this is clearly a step above.

Vamphuntr

You have to get all of the collectibles (tower emblem, kafka paintings, and insect larva), and then unlock them with BP. I think there's only 3 for episode one, though I'm not sure what beating the game in countdown and invisible mode unlocks.

Thank you. Hoping there is a guide for them already. I don't think I found a single insect haha.

I was holding off until the physical release, but fuck it. I'm gonna buy Episode 1 and use that to tide me over until the physical release. Raid Mode alone should suffice in those regards.

I think this game is a really good model for RE spin-offs moving forward. Rev 2 was probably comparably cheap to produce and recycles a lot of assets but its designed around that issue so you don't really feel it.

As much as I like ORC as a guilty pleasure this is clearly a step above.

Yeah it's nice for this line of resident evil stuff, would never work in classic style where exploration is important.

Oh also the cliff hangers at the end of each stage make it feel a lot more like a series then a game with a start, middle and end. Adds to the feel.

Bashtee

I'm curious if you could expand on why you think the game might be better than RE5 and 6.

I just revisited those games today for a bit and it's immediately apparent where Revelations 2 falls flat - level design. The actual maps in those games are much more complex and interesting to fight through. Revelations 2 takes place almost entirely on flat ground without any of the traversal that was introduced in RE4 and continued forward. The combat is just flat out boring in comparison as is the level design.

I don't think Revelations 2 is bad but it feels very basic and not in an interesting way.

The atmosphere feels more like the original games, a bit more horror, maybe even more survival. 5 and 6 felt more like shooters, something that has been introduced with 4. While 4 was a great game on its own, I still believe that it just didn't fit well into the RE franchise.

I enjoyed part of the Leon campaign in 6, especially the beginning, but it got worse with chapter to chapter. But that is just my opinion.

Kssio_Aug

I've only played RE Remake HD, RE4, RE5 and I believe Code Veronica (one for Wii, on rails).

Revelations 2 is my favorite already. Hopefully it will maintain its quality in the next episodes!

RE4 has a damn great atmosphere, much better then RE5 in that regard. However the co-op addition in RE5 still pleased me more. Revelations 2 brings a better atmosphere then RE5 (IMO), better gameplay, interesting co-op mechanics and that amazing Raid mode.

Its a sin not to buy Episode 1 for 5 dollars! Everyone that likes shooters, or zombie games, or survival horror games or Resident Evil games should try it! Its a bunch of content with a very high replay value for its price.

Astral Dog

Observations regarding that major story spoiler:

I'm glad they're bringing up the Alex Wesker plot thread again but throwing her in to this game and already having her become a monster that is inevitably killed off? Seems a bit of a waste? I was hoping Alex would be a major player in the future. Not cannon fodder.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the role. Disappointing if I'm reading correctly.
Yes i was thinking Alex is mainline game villain material, but after how RE6 turned out, im not sure its necessary, im glad they just didn't dropped that plot point like they do on other games, and Alex appearing on REV 2 is a nice, actual surprise, hopefully they do something interesting with her.

jediyoshi

Is there a way to downlevel characters in raid? Don't care to level too many characters, but I care about getting all the medals.

Also, someone just make that spoiler thread already.

I've only played RE Remake HD, RE4, RE5 and I believe Code Veronica (one for Wii, on rails).

Revelations 2 is my favorite already. Hopefully it will maintain its quality in the next episodes!

RE4 has a damn great atmosphere, much better then RE5 in that regard. However the co-op addition in RE5 still pleased me more. Revelations 2 brings a better atmosphere then RE5 (IMO), better gameplay, interesting co-op mechanics and that amazing Raid mode.

Its a sin not to buy Episode 1 for 5 dollars! Everyone that likes shooters, or zombie games, or survival horror games or Resident Evil games should try it! Its a bunch of content with a very high replay value for its price.

You're talking about RE: Darkside Chronicles, the Wii rail shooter based on RE2 and Code Veronica.

Astral Dog

And Revelations games may be spin offs, but those always have been important in the series, REV 1 was considered "mainline" by its developers, Umbrella Chronicles filled the gaps with, well Umbrella, even that DLC
introduced
Alex Wesker

You're talking about RE: Darkside Chronicles, the Wii rail shooter based on RE2 and Code Veronica.
Good game :)
with one of the best soundtracks in the series.

Kssio_Aug

Yeah! That one! Thanks for correcting me!

Is there a way to downlevel characters in raid? Don't care to level too many characters, but I care about getting all the medals.

I'd like to know it aswell. I wonder what we can do to get the medals once over leveled.

NIN90

Man, Raid mode being broken on PC is a real bummer. Hope they fix it soon. They current workaround of unplugging my internet is not something I will consider.

Manu

I'd like to know it aswell. I wonder what we can do to get the medals once over leveled.

On PS4 you need to press Square on the screen right before starting the Mission. On PC there should be some other button prompt.

It allows you to temporarily downlevel your character. The lower the level, the more exp you get if you beat the stage.

FLAguy954

Those of you who say raid mode is hard haven't come across
those fucks with the buff that causes you to drop your currently equipped weapon on the ground :/.

Reebot

Man, Raid mode being broken on PC is a real bummer. Hope they fix it soon. They current workaround of unplugging my internet is not something I will consider.

What's up with raid mode? I played a few hours yesterday just fine, something happen since then?

MrMuscle

Having a blast with raid mode, really wish the online coop was available. I remember playing a lot of the multiplayer on the 3ds. Any word when it will open up? Im on the PS4 if that matters.

Really loving this game atm. If the other episodes match the quality of the first then I think this will be the best RE game since 4.

I've enjoyed the games proceeding 4 and 6 is a guilty pleasure of mine but rev 2 has some really interesting ideas that aren't misfires.

The lack of online coop in single player is disappointing and very questionable as this game is best experienced with 2 players.

This is one of the few games that successfully does coop horror well. Admittedly, it's still not all that scary and it's nothing compared to any solo focused horror games but it gets the job done.

wcvince

Neo Member
I bought the throwback map pack but for some reason it doesn't appear in game nor does it let me download it. This is on ps4, anyone else having the same issue or know a fix?

Did you pre-order the season pass? I'm having a similar issue, but I'm able to download it - it just doesn't appear in the list of stages. When I check my add-ons in the library, it has the same pre-order countdown the season pass did, but blank. Other DLC (Hunk, Wesker) works fine.

Have you tried initializing the download from the webstore on PC?

NIN90

What's up with raid mode? I played a few hours yesterday just fine, something happen since then?

Game crashing when starting a mission and the game being stuck in an infinite loop uploading on the result screen. Seems to be quite common judging by the Steam forums.

EDIT: Yep. Just tried it again. Game crashing as soon as I start the mission.

sprinkles

Wow, PC performance is horrible. 60 fps most of the time, but when certain effects are on screen, it hitches like crazy. Every time I do a headshot, it freezes for half a second.

The game is fun though. Not as good as Revelations 1 yet, but let's see what further episodes bring to the table.
I can confirm the terrible performance on PC (7950, i5 3570), the game runs fine but certain lightning effects, like shotgun shots, and the game freezes for half a second.

I like the story so far, but as Revelations 1 was my favorite RE so far I suspected I'd like the sequel as well.

Elija2

Like, just running around the starting room in Raid mode gives me crazy hitching and there's nothing going on in that room! I hope they don't wait until next week to patch the game.

impact

Banned
I can confirm the terrible performance on PC (7950, i5 3570), the game runs fine but certain lightning effects, like shotgun shots, and the game freezes for half a second.

I like the story so far, but as Revelations 1 was my favorite RE so far I suspected I'd like the sequel as well.
Wow. So this game is terrible on everything except Xbone?

Capcom what the fuck are you doing to yourselves

Vamphuntr

Wow. So this game is terrible on everything except Xbone?

Capcom what the fuck are you doing to yourselves

It fine for me on PC. I have it locked at 60FPS with everything maxed. But like every PC releases people run into issues because of multiple configurations possibilities. The very same thing happened with Dying Light recently.

Squire

Banned
Barry's voice actor is great. He gets it, he knows exactly who he's voicing, and he's delivering solid gold line readings.

Edit: Apparently he also played Schwartzwald in The Big O and The Director in Crackdown. So he's done well-crafted ham and cheese before.

"Break out the beer and nachos."

^I neearly broke out in applause.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I think you just need to not destroy the spinner during Claire's episode and then pick the upgrade up during Barry's.

Nope. That will destroy the upgrade. You have to
turn on the flame gas after your spin the turret
. Then
Barry will get it later
. It's a
damage 3
upgrade.

edit: nvm I read your post wrong. lol

Manu

Nope. That will destroy the upgrade. You have to
turn on the flame gas after your spin the turret
. Then
Barry will get it later
. It's a
damage 3
upgrade.

To add to this:

Make sure
Natalia grabs it as soon as she enters the room. If she tries to turn the turret first, then boom.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
To add to this:

Make sure
Natalia grabs it as soon as she enters the room. If she tries to turn the turret first, then boom.

Lol they trolled so hard with those two upgrades in that area.

Hahaha

CarewiseGamgee

Neo Member
Did you pre-order the season pass? I'm having a similar issue, but I'm able to download it - it just doesn't appear in the list of stages. When I check my add-ons in the library, it has the same pre-order countdown the season pass did, but blank. Other DLC (Hunk, Wesker) works fine.

Have you tried initializing the download from the webstore on PC?

Yea, i pre-ordered the season pass about 2 weeks ago. Its showing that i have it purchased but won't let me download it, just says start where download should be. Tried sending it to my queue from my pc but it keeps trying to download the raid dlc pack 1 instead which is weird

Kssio_Aug

On PS4 you need to press Square on the screen right before starting the Mission. On PC there should be some other button prompt.

It allows you to temporarily downlevel your character. The lower the level, the more exp you get if you beat the stage.

Thanks!! It worked!

impact

Banned
i-4790k, GTX 970, 16 GB ram, Win 8.1

Well if you were getting fps drops on this ugly ass game with that PC I'd request a refund :lol

I'll just wait it out for a better price and better performance. I still have a better Resident Evil game to finish anyway.

I've been looking through a few pages but I cant find the answer. Do I have to unlock hunk after downloading the dlc, or should I be able to use him automatically? I can't see him in the character screen in raid mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Xpliskin

Well if you were getting fps drops on this ugly ass game with that PC I'd request a refund :lol

I'll just wait it out for a better price and better performance. I still have a better Resident Evil game to finish anyway.

The evil within, right, right ?

joe2187

Banned
I've been looking through a few pages but I cant find the answer. Do I have to unlock hunk after downloading the dlc, or should I be able to use him automatically? I can't see him in the character screen in raid mode. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I believe it was 5 or 10 completion medals to unlock his slot. That means you have to get all the medals for the mission on a single run. Just dont heal, and actually kill all the enemies on the counter and you should breeze through it.

Top Bottom