• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RiME - Its almost here! Lets discuss the game!

Stoze

Looking forward to reviews/early impressions. I watched a couple minutes of the IGN footage a few months ago and then closed it because it looks up my alley.

Bydobob

I'm a little hesitant because I didn't like the witness so much. I hope it's not the same.

I didn't get on with The Witness either, but I think the only similarities here are art style. Much more gamey interaction going on here, and puzzles that won't kill your brain.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
switch day one..

on the one hand I want to wait for switch for convenient gaming, plus it allows the launch phase to finish so impressions will have calmed down.

On the other hand, I've been anticipating this since the original reveal, and that Edge review makes me want it a lot. and as its relatively short I can get enough time on the TV for that.

Probably going to get it on PS4 for that reason - when is it out?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
They need to announce the switch date already, as I've been itching to get a switch to play something original like RIME.

RPGCrazied

Its coming to PC too? If its a good game I'd double dip, maybe triple dip when I get a switch sometime in the distant future.

I hadn't been paying this game any attention until very recently, but I love the art style and the music seems awesome to boot. Definitely going to keep an eye on reviews and if it gets looked upon relatively favourably, I'm in.

Coffinhal

Waiting to see if there is 21:9 support on PC

This doesn't look like something I would play on Switch (in a few months with the delay)

I don't really know what the actual gameplay is like, but I'm all over these types of games so will likely give it a shot regardless. I did hear that it was originally meant to be open world but transitioned to a level-based structure which I'm not too keen on, after The Witness I really want more puzzle/exploration games that use an open world structure.

We're still optimizing RiME for the Switch version. We will be able to share the specifics of the performance on Switch as soon as we have that information available.

thank you. i'd love to get this for the switch but if it's much better on the ps4, i'd opt for that instead.

sublimit

Banned
I'm so excited to play this game but unfortunately i'll have to wait for almost a month from now to play it. :/

Buggy Loop

We're still optimizing RiME for the Switch version. We will be able to share the specifics of the performance on Switch as soon as we have that information available.

All my hope is on switch version

1475401891-valls2.gif

balgajo

Just bought it on steam. Really looking forward to this game. Wondering if game will be 60fps with my GTX 1070 + i76700 here....

plufim

Really put off by how they're treating Australian customers, cost in nearly double for us, Switch pricing nonsense aside (Australia is the only region where the eShop version is not cheaper).
(Switch RRP is $80 Aus, despite $40 US games always costing $60 Aus here)

watershed

Banned
I'm very curious about this game, but I'll wait for reviews. I do wish it was 60fps on Switch though. It would be gorgeous.

HYDE

Banned
My impressions so far are that it's more reminiscent of Abzu. Meaning it looks graphically great, but boring.

Mr. F

Banned
It's puzzling that it's this close to release and yet I still have seen or heard so little about what you actually do moment to moment. I saw the brief IGN intro but that was so early on that it didn't look especially challenging or interesting. I say this all as someone who really wants this to be good, haha.

Am I weird for liking the warmer look of the Switch version more than the PS4 one?

Do we even have Switch specific screenshots? Those look like they are ripped from the re reveal trailer from 4 months ago. Not quite sure why they would look different as only one trailer was released.

Am I weird for liking the warmer look of the Switch version more than the PS4 one?
Are we sure those are different console version shots? It looks more like older build versus final build, given how the architecture and tree seem to be more detailed on the right side

Magnet

Neo Member
Are we sure those are different console version shots? It looks more like older build versus final build, given how the architecture and tree seem to be more detailed on the right side

They're not direct console comparison pics of the final release. They were taken from trailers. I found the source of the pic on reddit, with this explanation:

I took screenshots from both the "RiME - Reveal Trailer" at the Playstation Youtube channel and the "Nyanha Nya! Cat Mario Time Nyandies Special" from Nintendo's official Japanese Youtube channel. I have no idea why the PS4 trailer looks washed out but the lighting is probably due to difference in time of day. I didn't even realise till I placed both screenshots side by side. There is nothing disingenuous about this. The footage from the Nyandies special looks to be the Switch version. It's resolution, texture quality and some assets look pared back compared to the PS4 version. This is more noticeable in motion.
Source: Rime Reveal Trailer (PS4) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7EgPzwPu_8 Source: Nyanha Nya! Cat Mario Time Nyandies Special https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lp3aUyEEyWY

He also said in another comment, "For all we know the lighting in the PS4 trailer may have changed in the final product and is similar to how the Switch version looks like."

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
The story of RiME is told through visual queues in-game. If you spend the time to discover all of the mysteries hidden on The Island you'll be given more about the story.
It is also one of the finest examples of environmental storytelling :)

I've finished the game already and didn't found everything during my first playthrough and i've looked every nook and cranny btw. You guys hidden this stuff pretty well I must say (^_^)

It is also one of the finest examples of environmental storytelling :)

I've finished the game already and didn't found everything during my first playthrough and i've looked every nook and cranny btw. You guys hidden this stuff pretty well I must say (^_^)
Oh, that sounds promising,

Top Bottom