• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RiME - Its almost here! Lets discuss the game!

J@hranimo

Banned
Do we even have Switch specific screenshots? Those look like they are ripped from the re reveal trailer from 4 months ago. Not quite sure why they would look different as only one trailer was released.

Are we sure those are different console version shots? It looks more like older build versus final build, given how the architecture and tree seem to be more detailed on the right side

So I am weird then! I'm not sure about the screenshot sources, but based on those two distinct looks I'm more of a fan of the latter images. Lighting and overall warmer hue to everything looks much nicer. When all is said and done I do hope all versions look like the latter.

They're not direct console comparison pics of the final release. They were taken from trailers. I found the source of the pic on reddit, with this explanation:

He also said in another comment, "For all we know the lighting in the PS4 trailer may have changed in the final product and is similar to how the Switch version looks like."

Oh well this explains that then.

All my hope is on switch version

1475401891-valls2.gif

I decide not to wait on the Switch version although I really wanted it for Switch. PS4 version incoming today.

Did they remove the Switch tax? I really want to get the switch version and ideally a download instead of retail.

Yes they did on the Switch digital version. I don't think that version is coming until sometime this summer though. Switch physical is still 39.99 but comes with a code to download the soundtrack.

This thread is weird. I thought gaf's goal was to
make developers cry
?

Anyway, I like the art style, I love puzzles, if there's good ones in there I'm going to buy and enjoy this game.

I'm really looking forward to it, but I haven't even played Zelda yet and I kind of want to get this one on the Switch or after I'm finished with BoTW since I wouldn't want to downgrade from Rime on my PC to Zelda. I'm terribly susceptible to aliasing, and I wouldn't want to keep think about how clean Rime looked while playing BoTW.

EVO

Looking forward to this, although I'm waiting on more impressions before I dive in. Deadlight looked amazing too but the puzzle design was sorely lacking.

I have the game on PS4 since yesterday and played maybe about 2 hours so far.
Besides from a few framerate problems my first impressions are great.
Especially the soundtrack is absolutely beautiful.
The puzzles have been really easy so far but i only just reached the second area.
Can't wait to play more tonight.

Moostachio

Neo Member
Just finished the game. I think it's worth the price tag on the PS4, there are times when the fps dipped but not so much it pulled me out of the game. Very nice story and I love the art style. Would definitely recommend to play it. It does have a ICO kind of vibe, which is good to have nowadays.

maxcriden

I have the game on PS4 since yesterday and played maybe about 2 hours so far.
Besides from a few framerate problems my first impressions are great.
Especially the soundtrack is absolutely beautiful.
The puzzles have been really easy so far but i only just reached the second area.
Can't wait to play more tonight.

Just finished the game. I think it's worth the price tag on the PS4, there are times when the fps dipped but not so much it pulled me out of the game. Very nice story and I love the art style. Would definitely recommend to play it. It does have a ICO kind of vibe, which is good to have nowadays.

Lovely to hear these impressions. Thank you both. Is there any combat? Do the puzzles become more difficult?

Moostachio

Neo Member
Lovely to hear these impressions. Thank you both. Is there any combat? Do the puzzles become more difficult?

I'd say through the whole game there was maybe....3-4 times I wanted a walk through of some sort to help with a puzzle. But I ended up figuring it out myself. They aren't hard puzzles I would say. There isn't any combat, which I wouldn't see as a bad thing.

maxcriden

So far there's no combat at all and i don't think there will be later on.

I'd say through the whole game there was maybe....3-4 times I wanted a walk through of some sort to help with a puzzle. But I ended up figuring it out myself. They aren't hard puzzles I would say. There isn't any combat, which I wouldn't see as a bad thing.

Ok, awesome. Thanks to you both! Are there any creatures visually disturbing beyond
that bird person thing I saw chasing you in some footage?

Dariuas

RiME Community Manager
We will be doing an AMA in about an hour and a half if you're interested in finding out more about RiME. :)

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Has there been any word on the Pro version? This hasn't been on my radar since the Sony conference 3 years ago (I think).

What the...?
Name me one single $60 adventure game with a 3 hour campaign.
In fact name me one single $60 game period that doesn't last longer than 3 hours...

You're right, but you could easily change his figure to 5-6 hours and he would still have a good point.

El-Suave

German magazine M! Games gave it 80%
Pros: beautiful environments and mood, very little repetition
Con: lacks meaningful challenge, misses a hook like the Team Ico games have

Has there been any word on the Pro version? This hasn't been on my radar since the Sony conference 3 years ago (I think).

You're right, but you could easily change his figure to 5-6 hours and he would still have a good point.

I can't remember the last time I played a game that brief. The closest would probably be Mass Effect Andromeda which was at least 15 while skipping most stuff. Next in line would be Uncharted 4 or Snake Pass with similar times on each and I've not even beaten Snake Pass. Honestly I don't think I can name a game that short in the AAA industry.

Witness was also 10+ for me, but this game seems more my sorta thing to be honest. Not in a rush to get it but I'll be keeping an eye on it. Could be a great summer impulse purchase.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I can't remember the last time I played a game that brief. The closest would probably be Mass Effect Andromeda which was at least 15 while skipping most stuff. Next in line would be Uncharted 4 or Snake Pass with similar times on each and I've not even beaten Snake Pass. Honestly I don't think I can name a game that short in the AAA industry.

Witness was also 10+ for me, but this game seems more my sorta thing to be honest. Not in a rush to get it but I'll be keeping an eye on it. Could be a great summer impulse purchase.

Every CoD campaign is 5-6 hours nowadays.

Mithos

They need to announce the switch date already, as I've been itching to get a switch to play something original like RIME.

Lies. All lies. A rehash of all the other old lies.
No one buys Nintendo hardware for 3rd party games... ;p

aieeeee

I am still on the fence as to whether I care to get this or not. Edge could score it 10/10 and they still wouldn't influence my decision...

Every CoD campaign is 5-6 hours nowadays.

Fair enough, haven't actually played CoD since World at War so I guess I just don't end up buying those sorta games anymore. Well I have BF1 but honestly I never touched SP.

I feel these short one and done games were way more common a decade ago though. Probably due to the risk involved.

Markitron

Fair enough, haven't actually played CoD since World at War so I guess I just don't end up buying those sorta games anymore. Well I have BF1 but honestly I never touched SP.

I feel these short one and done games were way more common a decade ago though. Probably due to the risk involved.

After CoD hit it big, 5-6 hour campaigns were quite commonplace (mostly in FPS/TPS's), although that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I don't have any hard examples of that right now, though I'm 100% confident that it's accurate enough.

Top Bottom