• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider coming to PC Early 2016. PS4 Holiday 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

curb

Banned
So then I will get to play it. The one year wait on PS4 is about what I expected if it wasn't permanently exclusive.

Golicz

Banned
One year for the PS4 version? Jesus Christ, I expected six months maximum. I can't say I'm happy about this, at all.

Aren't most Tomb Raider players on Playstation anyway, according to statistics? They're shooting themselves in the foot with this timed exclusivity, IMO.

Sealtest

As much as I detest having to wait I know even if I tell myself I wont buy it it will still show up at my door day 1 because I always buy tomb raider games.

Hopefully the ps4 version will come bundled in with any of the DLC xbox will get after launch.

Hagi

Yeah I'll wait till the Easter sales or something before buying this, I imagine 2016 holiday season is going to be pretty stacked.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Spring PS4 release would have been bad anyway with Uncharted hitting around that time...so they went all in on that exclusivity window. SE getting that MS money.

One year for the PS4 version? Jesus Christ, I expected six months maximum. I can't say I'm happy about this, at all.

Aren't most Tomb Raider players on Playstation anyway, according to statistics? They're shooting themselves in the foot with this timed exclusivity, IMO.

2016 looks to have plenty of games to keep you occupied in the meantime. MS paid, they got a year, besides I am sure the game will be GOTY for the PS4 so a better value overall.

They announced this way to early ... at least wait 1 month until after release ...

and the 1 year exclusivity for consoles is probably to avoid UC4.

Wait, was revealing this at this stage a good idea? I'm sure Microsoft would've preferred or even asked to keep the PS4 version officially in the dark until at least after the Xbone version launches

Kikujiro

I'm surprised they are announcing this before the XBone's release, I mean they tried so hard to make it sounds like a full exclusive and now S-E is just straight up telling about the other platforms release.

Son Of D

Safe to say the "GotY" edition will be used for the PS4 as well. A lot of people had predicted that (although my personal prediction was summer 2016 for PS4).

viveks86

As expected. Will get it on PC if impressions are good. Give me a decent story and some real tomb raiding this time around and I'm in.

A 1 year exclusivity on console for such a big budget game must have cost MS quite a bit. Here's hoping they bet on the right horse.

Endless

PR

Square Enix Announces Rise of the Tomb Raider Destined for Windows 10 and Steam in Early 2016 and PlayStation 4 in Holyday 2016

Square Enix today announced its latest title in the critically acclaimed and award-winning Tomb Raider series, Rise of the Tomb Raider, will be available for Windows 10 and Steam in early 2016. The game will be a console exclusive to Xbox One and Xbox 360 for one year after its initial launch, comin to PlayStation 4 (PS4) in Holiday 2016. Renowned developer Crystal Dynamics, a Square Enix studio, is leading development in the latest entry in the iconic series for additional platforms.

In the critically acclaimed Tomb Raider, Lara Croft survived a harrowing experience only to be discredited as part of a cover up. Now, after uncovering an ancient mystery, Lara must explore the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia to find the secret of immortality before a ruthless organization known as Trinity. Lara must use her wits and survival skills, form new alliances, and ultimately embrace her destiny as the Tomb Raider.

Experience high-octane action moments, conquer beautifully hostile environments, engage in brutal guerrilla combat, and explore awe-inspiring deadly tombs in the evolution of survival action. In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first great Tomb Raiding expedition.

Rise of the Tomb Raider will premiere first, exclusively on Xbox One and Xbox 360 on November 10, 2015.

Jomjom

Banned
Perfect. This will give me enough time to beat UC1-3 again and then 4 and then I can hop into TR on the PS4.

People shouldn't be mad about this. If all you have is a PS4 it'll still be new to you come Nov 2016.

derExperte

Pleasant surprise, I expected PC at the same time as PS4 and thus a lot later. I'd rather not wait at all but good enough given the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom