• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rise of the Tomb Raider PC |OT| Hello... it's me.

Vitacat

Don't yet have a new gaming PC, so slumming it with the
excellent
XB1 version. Planning to build a PC within a year or so.

So curious: has anyone yet played both versions, and if so, does the PC version fix the combat lag issues people have complained about? Or is that just part of the game design?

Justinh

Great OT, OP.

This made me chuckle heartily...

BzH9EiS.jpg

Pretty excited about playing this game all over again, this time with a better framerate.

Don't yet have a new gaming PC, so slumming it with the
excellent
XB1 version. Planning to build a PC within a year or so.

So curious: has anyone yet played both versions, and if so, does the PC version fix the combat lag issues people have complained about? Or is that just part of the game design?

according to the DF article, the input lag has been removed and it feels more responsive
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1176167

NeoRaider

Aw i see that i am mentioned in OT. Thank you very much.
Btw. i really like it a lot, you did nice job with it.

iNvid02

i chucked, good job op.

curious to see what the fuss is about, although i enjoyed the first one i didnt really get the fawning over it.

iiicon

Can't wait to put my 980 TI to the test.

If anyone wants, here's a copy of Tomb Raider 2013. Quote to reveal. I was going to give it away in a Modbot raffle but got kinda lazy.

Toa TAK

Banned
Holy crap, this is a great OT. Right up my alley.

You should be commended for having Kermit as Konstantin. Because that's about as seriously as I took him.

Great OT! lol at the the minimum/recommended spec pics.

This game has guerrilla combat in it?! I know she's sometimes in the wilderness, but I wasn't expecting to fight guerrillas! Can't wait for it to unlock, I'm going ape!

Sexy OT OP. Great job. Gonna get TR and probably play on Sunday after the Division beta ends. It really looks great and I'm excited to see what they've build upon from TR2013.

Amazing OT. Though some paragraphs don't look good in 768p (laptop), I know it's intended for 1080p and higher so you put each line there instead of a paragraph. Otherwise, great job on the OT!

Pre-load is done, and I'm so ready for this.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Asking in here because it's active-

Are they planning to release the XB1 patch when this comes out? I've been waiting months for it because I have the bugged crow quest

Nice OT!

I kind of hate myself for my own weakness, as I wanted to wait until it was dirt cheap, but I have the game preloading now. Stupid deeply held love for this franchise!

This will also be the first current game on my newly built PC, so I'm pretty excited to play it just to test out how far I can push it, as well as because it's Lara's latest adventure. Tomorrow can't come soon enough!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Excellent OT!

I'm ready to dive into this over the weekend. HowLongToBeat has this listed between 13-18 hours so I think I'll be able to binge it.

I just finished replaying Tomb Raider 2013. I guess if Rise of the Tomb Raider is more of the same I'd be okay but obviously I hope it's better. I don't know much about the game because I paid little attention to the Xbox release. Nice to be surprised for once!

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I haven't played the 2013 Tomb Raider, but I recently built a baller PC (i7 + gtx 980ti) and I want some games that are gorgeous and fun - think this game will fit the bill?

I haven't played the 2013 Tomb Raider, but I recently built a baller PC (i7 + gtx 980ti) and I want some games that are gorgeous and fun - think this game will fit the bill?

Well, the pictures should show it is, but yes, even though it is a port you will get some great visuals with some 1440+ and increased visual settings. Your monitor will play a huge role in this as well.

Honestly, TR 2013 is still beautiful. Games like Battlefront have set the bar high, but from all videos I've seen I'm ready to be immersed in this game.

Shepard

Oh, that's a really nice OT. Still debating if I should wait for my g-sync monitor before playing this or if I should start tomorrow. I still have to finish deserts of Kharak, so I'm leaning towards the former.

SURGEdude

Strongly considering a double dip since it seems like a great port with less input lag. Really incredible game. Highly recommended.

So when is it unlocking? According to Steam it'll be 5pm UK time. Which is shit. And yes, I do know Steam's timer is unreliable. So does anyone know of a different time?

Shang

The fucking Muppets: Most Wanted reference in the OT is great.

I wish I had held out to play this game, it's probably way better on PC

That looks like the best bet. It says the same time for everyone as well regardless of timezones so it'll probably be that. Sucks a bit tho.
Won't stay up then. It's a shame Crystal Dynamics are with SquareEnix. Japanese publishers tend to be really bad at release times for games via Steam, in my experience. Same with Capcom and Dragons Dogma on PC. Didn't unlock until 4 or 5pm. Stupid.

Top Bottom