• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games Announces 4 New Versions of L.A. Noire coming November 14, 2017

Clive

It was always a flawed game but it was well made in many ways too and did some things other open world crime games didn't. I liked it and even bought the season pass, something I rarely do. Might double dip if it ever gets cheap for either portability or new cheevos/trophies.

Wow, I can't believe I'm going to be playing one of my favourite Rockstar games on Switch in just a couple months. I lost my save ages ago and never finished it, but I had a lot of fun with what I did play.

Nintendo: Hi Rockstar, buddy, how's it going? Can we get GTA on Switch?
Rockstar: No.
Nintendo: Ok. Can we have something else for Switch?
Rockstar: There's an L.A. Noir re-release coming up. You want in?
Nintendo: Sure....

I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo even paid some of the development costs. Otherwise it doesn't really make much sense for Rockstar to port this on Switch. Not before we knew how successful Switch would be anyway.
I find it really hard to believe that Nintendo would pay for some of the development costs for porting this. It doesn't sound like them at all.

delSai

Saw R* in the title and got excited for RDR news for a sec.

Oh well, didn't enjoy LA Noir at all, i'll pass on this

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I think they are working their way up on Switch if this one performs well. I can see Switch getting RDR or GTA V next year.

But why?

GTAIV would've been great. RDR would been amazing. But LA Noir, damn. I would take MP3 over LA Noir

IV is trash bro.

RDR would have been great though.

I find it really hard to believe that Nintendo would pay for some of the development costs for porting this. It doesn't sound like them at all.

And you would be completely right.

jett

D-Member
Just weird that this IP is making a comeback. I guess T2 needs something out in stores, anything.

Cant wait for those HD gifs. The facial animations were amazing.

That's cuz you were looking at footage of real people. The faces in the game are heavily compressed videos.

Rellik

So is this Rockstars test aka Capcom test for the Switch to get GTAV or other Rockstar games lol? I'd rather get Red Dead Redemption over L.A. Noire. It was a very boring game.

I don't think it's a test.

You're not getting RDR. It's a mess.

Are you shitting me?
They though THIS would be a better port than rdr or bully or i dont fkng know pretty much anything else?
Edit: why do they make it sound switch like isnt getting visual enhancements? Better not be the case.

MilkyJoe

I trust this will be 4K on X1. Let's hope some updated visuals too.

Never finished this, I did enjoy what I played of it though.

Widge

Cause they invested a lot of money into L.A Noire and it sold pretty bad.

Probably saw a bunch of opportunities around it. New PC modes, bunch of new platforms to target.

GTA IV can only really target Switch, couldn't see anyone trading down from V to IV on XB/PS.

Yeesh, if this a test for switch it'll fail
Not fair :/

I'd have bought red dead, billy, max payne 3(multiplayer was pretty fun) or gta IV or V day one, but this? Nah

KingBroly

Banned
I think they are working their way up on Switch if this one performs well. I can see Switch getting RDR or GTA V next year.

IV is trash bro.

RDR would have been great though.

RDR is going to be a game that is lost to the pages of history because of the many blood sacrifices made in order to get it out

Cardon

Going to remain optimistic until a trailer is released since I'm curious about how the faces will look. But I assume it won't be complete trash by today's standards since Rockstar really isn't one to release a wholly subpar product.

I have the pc version, so visual fidelity means nothing to me. Having gesture controls and possibly fleshed out hd rumble adds more to the game than a few more frames or polygons. It's why the re4 wii edition is the superior version.

This is a game that's all about visual presentation. More detail in the faces and movement can add more to the experience then unique gesture controls. L.A. Noire doesn't really offer much in terms of gameplay. It's strictly a narrative game.

Bandit1

Wow, I mean I know it was rumored, but I kind of didn't believe it. I'll pick this up, hopefully the driving/shooting mechanics get an improvement.

Is that new box art? Nice if it is. Will probably get either PS4 or Xbox versions, I enjoyed my original play through of it. Great to see Switch owners getting some Rockstar love, dare I say they should probably bring GTA V over to it also?

R* Table tennis would be a perfect fit for Switch too

Koopatrol

Saw Rockstar in the thread title and automatically assumed that this would be the long awaited RDR2 news they promised for the summer.

Oh well, I've never played this before so this is pretty neat.

Rellik

i wouldn't assume red dead main issue would be it's age

It's main issue is the game code being taped together and the Benz no longer there to get that pos playable.

There are some hilarious articles on it.

Amazing game but it's probably not going to be seen again.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I wonder if they're re-releasing LA Noire to try and milk some more ROI off whatever they paid for that face tracking tech. GTA V on Switch and an RDR remaster on this gen/Switch are such surefire megatons that the decision to go with a 'deep cut' like LA Noire seems odd.

Gimped technical version for Switch makes sense. Glad Rockstar is compensating for that with Switch specific features.

I would gladly trade in visual fidelity for Switch features and on-the-go gaming.

So weird.

LA Noire is easily Rockstar's worst game from the last 10 years. I know they didn't develop it for most of the project and they sort of rescued it from being cancelled, but it just wasn't a good game at all. I get releasing it originally as TeamBondi had a lot of sunk costs in it already, but putting any development time into it for re-release seems odd.

I wonder if investors were begging Take2 for some Rockstar release this fall/Holiday given the RDR2 delay and that GTAV DLC was cancelled, and so this was a bone they're throwing for stakeholders to hold them off for another 6 months before RDR2.

Posted in the other thread before noticing this one.

blinkz

I started this when it came out and never finished due to multiplayer games at the time. Excited to finally finish it.

Ash735

I'm curious if this is in-house or not, if it's not I'd suggest waiting for DF to analyze it, Rockstar outsourced ports are BEYOND terrible, don't be expecting BluePoint or Hexa Drive quality, we're talking High Voltage type of outsourced here.

Still disappointed on hearing this, since leaving they've abandoned their original content plans for so long now, I knew they had problems but damn.

Top Bottom