• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games potentially hints at Red Dead sequel on Twitter [Up: New Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

GTA V was announced October 2011, released September 2013. Maybe they've decided to do a Fallout 4. Can't realistically see it releasing by Christmas. Hope to God to be proved wrong.

Good point about V, I was trying to remember when that was announced. Ignore me then.

GlamFM

Banned
There's absolutely no doubt that this is the start of the marketing campaign.

100%

Watch it being called Red Dead Redemption 2 ;)

entremet

This can't be just for a Halloween event or DLC right?

No.

What's with the denial lol. It's obviously Red Dead related.

This is not how R* does media campaigns for DLC. This is how they do PR for big releases.

Study their other marketing campaigns. It's obvious.

PuJNfFR.jpg

Probably just Red Dead Revolver for PS2 Classics to PS4 after they pushed out other older titles recently like the GTAs, Bully or Max Payne.

Molemitts

I hope it's an actual sequel and not just a remaster.

Both would be nice, actually. RDR for PS4 XBO and PC in time for Christmas and Red Dead Whatever for summer next year.

entremet

Probably just Red Dead Revolver for PS2 Classics to PS4 after they pushed out other older titles recently like the GTAs, Bully or Max Payne.

And yet no mysterious PR campaign for those. No changing Twitter images. No nothing.

C'mon, guys.

It's obviously a new game lol. Look at their other PR campaigns. It's like you guys are traumatized lol.

Considering how much money they made doing it with GTA V, wouldn't be surprising to have to wait an extra year and a half for a PC release.

Weren't there rumours that they were ready to announce this a while ago but then that Miami nightclub shooting happened and they decided to hold it back... Or did I dream this?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Color # codes practically match. It won't be Revolver since it's color scheme was never red like Redemption.

actual_1467967553.jpg

actual_1476622339.jpg

entremet

I must say, R* are damn masters at this stuff.

I don't even care for their output but I find this stuff fascinating as someone in sales and marketing.

You better not be trolling us, Rockstar.

When have they done so?

I'm not getting the trepidation. They don't go full PR mode like this for trolls. That's not their MO. Is a sequel to one of the best selling and acclaimed games of last generation that outlandish, guys?

Auctopus

The scary thing is, they could do this then not do anything else for a year and people will still be making threads about this image in 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom