• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: An "Xbox One II" mass production started in Feb 2016.

onQ123

People saying Slim here haha

They wont let Sony go ahead with a much more powerful console again, this is a much more powerful Xbox in the works just like Ps4K.

E3 lets go BABY !

No they are getting the hell out of PS4's way & picking on the FireTV & AppleTV with a small STB that can play Xbox games.

ethomaz

Banned
For Xbone 1.2m per month is too high.

That is about PS4 level of production.

Maybe MS will stuff the channel again.

dat 1 2 baby

tumblr_mn7fmyDK3m1sritieo1_400.gif

How would the slim be less expensive? Usually the slim version of consoles is more expensive than original.

Not true. Slim versions have usually been the same price or cheaper for the consumer.

And for MS/Sony, the purpose of the slim version is to use cheaper materials and lower the cost of the unit, which makes them more money.

They wont let Sony go ahead with a much more powerful console again, this is a much more powerful Xbox in the works just like Ps4K.

E3 lets go BABY !

There can be both....

The PS4 will sell alongside the PS4K, and MS's solution may be to replace the Xbone with an Xbone Slim and sell it alongside the Xbone+

Psymatiq

Neo Member
Xbox one

First revision

Xbox one two

Second revision

and when the third revision comes around

xbox one two three

The xbox one name finally makes sence

jelly

Perhaps Sony are looking to up sell the PS4K while not doing anything with the original PS4 until it gets phased out, whereas Microsoft need sales more than anything so a slim Xbox One is just as important as a new Xbox console.

This can't be an updated spec box could it? If its in mass production especially at the kind of scale they are talking specs would have leaked long ago

rauelius

Reminds me of Sega's "Panzer Dragoon 2: Zwei"

Zwei is "Two" in german.

So the title Literally read "Panzer Dragoon 2: Two" in Germany.

rauelius

AMD: "You get an 8-Core 2.1Ghz Jaguar-CPU with a Polaris 10-Pro GPU, and you and you and you!!!"

Sony: Thank you
MS: Thank you.
Nintendo: Thank you.

Hey, if they have all the same hardware, porting will be dreamlike.

jelly

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-smaller-cheaper-cooler-xbox-one-processor-in-development

Chip designer AMD has developed a smaller, more cost-effective 20nm version of the main processor found in Xbox One, opening the door to a cheaper 'slim' version of the Microsoft console. The news comes from the LinkedIn bio of AMD's senior manager of SOC (system on chip) physical design, as discovered by Mosen from the Beyond3D forums. The entry in question says he "successfully planned and executed the first APU for Microsoft's Xbox One Game Console in 28nm technology and a cost-reduced derivative in 20nm technology."

I wonder what came of this because everyone skipped 20nm right production right so maybe they did something else during that time like 16nm although not sure if that works on anything but new stuff early on at least.

ethomaz

Banned
AMD: "You get an 8-Core 2.1Ghz Jaguar-CPU with a Polaris 10-Pro GPU, and you and you and you!!!"

Sony: Thank you
MS: Thank you.
Nintendo: Thank you.

Hey, if they have all the same hardware, porting will be dreamlike.
Xbone's APU is way different than PS4's APU... I don't think NX's APU will be equal too.

Port is not that dream.

jelly

They should do the 360 slim reveal, within the shell of the original 360 on stage then lift it up to reveal the new hardware.

20cent

Banned
Stop playing dumb, "Xbox One 二代" means "Xbox one generation two", not "Xbox one two".
It is probably just a manufacturer temporary/code name anyway

Edit: the 600-800g is for the plastic material.... It is a plastic injection tooling screenshot. God.

nillapuddin

I have an elite... Ehh, dunno what I would do. A 6 month side grade?

Whatevs, MS has my money

Launch, elite, slim, nextbox, jeeze

Leyasu

Banned
Slim this year and a real leap next year. Four year cycle like the OG Xbox

It wouldn't surprise me if they drop the "one" as it is so fucking tainted when the slim comes.

2nd gen plastic thingie weighs 600-800grams from Kingston for Xbox one

This is a product plan and has weight,brand(Kingston), production capacity of some plastic product

Galang

Banned
The actual name for this thing will be horrible won't it. They don't really have many options to go with due to the weird original name in the first place

E3 lets go BABY !

Don't put too much hope in that man. If there actually was upgraded hardware, don't you think we should have had some leaks about it by now? We do have the goods on PS4K but nothing in that regard on Xbox One. And sure, Surface Pro and Surface Book also had not leaked, but this did leak and there's nothing about improved hardware. If MS did not want any specs leaked, why did they let this leak though? Keeping my expectations low.

Top Bottom