• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: An "Xbox One II" mass production started in Feb 2016.

1/2 the weight of the Wii U & just a little over the weight of nVidia Shield this is going to be really small

nvidia-shield-android-tv-anteprima-v8-26000-1280x16.jpg

Stop playing dumb, "Xbox One 二代" means "Xbox one generation two", not "Xbox one two".
It is probably just a manufacturer temporary/code name anyway

Edit: the 600-800g is for the plastic material.... It is a plastic injection tooling screenshot. God.

ps3ud0

Sure Here you go

New Project
AP5 XBOX One 2nd Gen Project

Project Start Time 2014 March
Client : Microsoft
Product : XBox One 2nd Gen
Machine : Kingston
Estimated Shipment : Maximum 400K / week
Plastic Product Unit weight : 600 ~ 800g
Current Status : AP(V) work with client co-develop and certify Sabic & Chill raw material

EVT D : Now
Hard Tool Development : Oct -- delay
MP ( Mass Production ) : Feb
Thank you for the trouble :)

ps3ud0 8)

Interesting how many units they are producing. They must think this will be a huge hit. I bet they will price this $50 - $100 cheaper than the current one. Since the form factor seems to be much smaller it's possible they will not include a cd drive.

Edit: why does you guys care so much about the name. I want to know what this thing will look like if it's significantly lighter than the current model.

blakep267

Im sure Gamestop will be delighted to carry a console with no blu-ray drive to sell their retail discs too....
Presumably they wouldn't stop selling the normal Xbox either. For arguments sake, if this digital only box were to retail at $199, they could still sell the normal 500gb Xbox for $249-299( after a drop of course).

I'd market it as a companion console rather than a main one. I wouldn't mind putting a smaller digital only box in one room and have the main disc Xbox in my normal gaming space. Plus I could sorta treat it like a fire stick or something else to that I could watch hulu Netflix CR etc

Deadstar

Xbox One II Buckle my shoe
Xbox Three 4 Open the door, get on the floor, everyone walk the dinosaur because Turok is coming back.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I hope it's more than a just a slim version. Seriously, do size really matter that much if you already bought the first?

Nzyme32

Xbox One II Buckle my shoe
Xbox Three 4 Open the door, get on the floor, everyone walk the dinosaur because Turok is coming back.

Nah. It's going to be:

Xbox One
Xbox Two
Xbox Three O'Clock
Xbox Four O'Clock
Xbox Rock (gen1)

Xbox Five
Xbox Six
Xbox Seven O'Clock
Xbox Eight O'Clock
Xbox Rock (gen2)

Xbox Nine
Xbox Ten
Xbox Eleven O'Clock
Xbox Twelve O'Clock
Xbox Rock (gen3)

After this point, they won't bother with the lyrics as we will have transcended space and time.

I'm from the future

Seriously, it won't be called Xbox One 2

Not like they dont sell digital codes.

They refuse to stock console bundles that dont have a physical copy now. Its all about dem used game sales, which dont exist if you just sell digital codes.

Presumably they wouldn't stop selling the normal Xbox either. For arguments sake, if this digital only box were to retail at $199, they could still sell the normal 500gb Xbox for $249-299( after a drop of course).

I'd market it as a companion console rather than a main one. I wouldn't mind putting a smaller digital only box in one room and have the main disc Xbox in my normal gaming space. Plus I could sorta treat it like a fire stick or something else to that I could watch hulu Netflix CR etc

Its a nice idea, I dont see Microsoft (or anyone else) willing to do something like that right now though

Tecnniqe

Banned
They refuse to stock console bundles that dont have a physical copy now. Its all about dem used game sales, which dont exist if you just sell digital codes.

Its a nice idea, I dont see Microsoft (or anyone else) willing to do something like that right now though

Wait for GameTrust games to flop and have them blame the used games market

Future is here!

I never use them to begin with. Comfy pre-loads all day from inside my home.

Sirim

I hope it's more than a just a slim version. Seriously, do size really matter that much if you already bought the first?
And for those of us who haven't bought the first?

Been waiting for an Xbox One that isn't a giant VCR, so I'm looking forward to seeing what a slim model is like.

Microsoft really just dropped the ball with console names in general.
Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One.

It makes sense for the more powerful PS4 to be PS4K, but Xbox One K, Xbox One Gen 2 Its in the realm now of Wii to WiiU.

Next Xbox successor needs to be Xbox 4. Go normal or better yet go the old school way like Sega Mega drive/Saturn/Dreamcast have imagination to your name!

A more powerful PS4 makes sense for PSVR but a more powerful Xbox One is pissing against the wind, a slimmed down version would be nice but I wouldn't be jumping in for a second time.

Top Bottom