• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: An "Xbox One II" mass production started in Feb 2016.

Dabanton

Will be interested to see whatever this turns out to be.

If it is 'slim' I hope for their sake that it still runs completely silent like the original X1. I don't think I can go back to consoles that make noticeable noise.

mike4001_

Microsoft really just dropped the ball with console names in general.
Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One.

Well the 360 was actually genius.

If they named it Xbox 2 and it went againts the Playstation 3 everone would think of course 3 is the newer/better one.

But of course after 360 they had a problem and so just went witn One ("all in one") System.

jmdajr

I think this would do well at 199.99. Whether it be people jumping in, need for 2nd bedroom box, or just for someone who wants to play exclusives.

I can't imagine SONY selling anything without a bluray drive.

But can they get the price that low? 250 more realistic?

I assume no Kinect port. No optical port. No Ethernet port. No HDD. No IR Blaster, Less usb ports. Obviously no optical drive.

Hmm, I bet we will see a Xbox Slim and a nvidia shield like console that will either stream games or allow games to be downloaded via some new Xbox Live service using gold or something separate.

Then, next year we will hear more talks about Xbox One II *chuckle*

Hoping Microsoft announces an upgraded Xbox One like PS4 Neo. Then we can compare specs to see which one crushes the other ;). I jest, although if they did announce an upgraded Xbox One I would trade my current Day 1 Edition console toward it.

MaulerX

Microsoft really just dropped the ball with console names in general.
Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One.

It makes sense for the more powerful PS4 to be PS4K, but Xbox One K, Xbox One Gen 2 Its in the realm now of Wii to WiiU.

Next Xbox successor needs to be Xbox 4. Go normal or better yet go the old school way like Sega Mega drive/Saturn/Dreamcast have imagination to your name!

A more powerful PS4 makes sense for PSVR but a more powerful Xbox One is pissing against the wind, a slimmed down version would be nice but I wouldn't be jumping in for a second time.

I doubt the official name will be that. I'm not sure if naming your console to tie it with a specific resolution is the right thing. Specially if it's upscaled 4K and not native.

OT This XB1 revision 2 is most likely a slim model and hopefully there's more to it than that to warrant an upgrade. Might just be named Xbox One s just like they did with the 360 s model.

naitosan

It's definitely disc-less Xbox One slim with super fast Wi-Fi. Kinda hope I'm wrong because I'd like to see more powerful Xbox Two or whatever.

If it eliminates the power brick I will buy.

Not trying to start something, just curiosity, but why is the brick an issue? Mine is tucked under my entertainment system with all my cords. If I wouldn't have setup the Xbox I wouldn't know the thing exists.

Bizzquik

Not trying to start something, just curiosity, but why is the brick an issue? Mine is tucked under my entertainment system with all my cords. If I wouldn't have setup the Xbox I wouldn't know the thing exists.

Agreed.
My brick is hidden amongst the clutter that is my audio receiver cord mess.
In fact, I basically consider it a positive - as it just adds more power cord length in reaching my surge protector.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Agreed.
My brick is hidden amongst the clutter that is my audio receiver cord mess.
In fact, I basically consider it a positive - as it just adds more power cord length in reaching my surge protector.
Errr, you shouldn't plug it into a surge protector because the Xbox One power supply already has built-in surge protection. I believe there may be some funny business going on when you stack surge protection.

Chris1

Well the 360 was actually genius.

If they named it Xbox 2 and it went againts the Playstation 3 everone would think of course 3 is the newer/better one.

But of course after 360 they had a problem and so just went witn One ("all in one") System.
Xbox Infinity

I hope they don't call the next xbox "two", going up in numbers is boring. Go back to crazy wacky shit like "xbox 360"

pixelation

Believe it or not, the power brick is one of the things that keeps me from getting an XBO. I dislike cords... add a freaking brick to it and well, i just don't like it.

Venom.

Even if this new console's half-step performance improvements only make it Xbox 1.5, Phil Spencer would do well to jettison the Xbone name that has so many negative associations with failure. He made this comment to Game Informer
‘I’m not a big fan of Xbox One and a half’

It makes me think there will be an entirely new name. Perhaps Xbox Neo Genesis? ;)

Can't believe there's still people buying Spencer's 'Not a fan of XBox 1.5 bit'. Or rather, I can't believe there are still people who interpret that as a statement they are not going with an iterative approach. It was PR to imply XBox 1.5 will be more powerful than PS4K. Whether that works out in reality is anyone's guess.

gamz

Can't believe there's still people buying Spencer's 'Not a fan of XBox 1.5 bit'. Or rather, I can't believe there are still people who interpret that as a statement they are not going with an iterative approach. It was PR to imply XBox 1.5 will be more powerful than PS4K. Whether that works out in reality is anyone's guess.

Wow!

MilkyJoe

Yes, I think people get that, well those in command of the facts.

I personally believe it will be the more powerful, and needs to be to support Oculus Rift.

My worry is the when... How far away...

Dabanton

Believe it or not, the power brick is one of the things that keeps me from getting an XBO. I dislike cords... add a freaking brick to it and well, i just don't like it.

That's pretty weird tbh. Especially for something that in most AV setups is not even noticeable.

Man, the Title is doing work.

We have transaltion and of that not being the final name, yet here we are.

OP going to update the post with the translation or nah?

Microsoft gonna hit em with that One Two

1645200_o.gif

Top Bottom