• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Bethesda will announce Skyrim remaster at E3

Doesn't surprise me at all. Remasters are popular nowadays, there is a demand from some for Skyrim on the current gen machines, and the next Elder Scrolls, if one is even in production, is years away.

J_Viper

They can charge a full 60 bucks for this and I'll still buy it

I thought Fallout 4 is solid, but it was a drop in quality from Skyrim

Lol self-appointed insider.

I'm curious how some gaffers like Shinibi and Zhung became a legit insider. Like, for some reasons people just decide to give them information?

Maxey

There already was a remaster...called the pc version/mods.
I wish this specific kind of post would stop existing.

I mean, because you can make games look better on PC that should deny console players from having a better version on a better console?

Such narrow-minded logic...

packy34

Eh. Nice for console users I guess. Can't see a reason for releasing this on PC though, unless it's more than just a texture upgrade.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Just can't be full price unless it has mod support. Well even with mod support its hard justify full price.

Why? All of the DLC included, mod support, and enhanced graphical fidelity?

That is more than enough content for a $60 purchase if you're a console player.

Obviously it doesn't make sense for PC users, but that's not relevant here.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
3 years into a console generation and we're still getting a bunch of last-gen remasters. It's embarrassing now.

Byvar

Well, I'll be buying it and fully completing it all over again.
It would still be fantastic if this turned out to be a collection of Elder Scrolls games rather than only Skyrim... but oh well, I'll settle with Skyrim.

icespide

Banned
3 years into a console generation and we're still getting a bunch of last-gen remasters. It's embarrassing now.
remasters are great. what does the age of a generation have to do with anything? why can't we have new games and better looking old games?

Maxey

Why? All of the DLC included, mod support, and enhanced graphical fidelity?

That is more than enough content for a $60 purchase if you're a console player.

Obviously it doesn't make sense for PC users, but that's not relevant here.
Should be $40 at most, imo.

Zedox

I'm not happy with this remaster, as much as I love Skyrim, bleh. I want ES6. Plus I have Skyrim on Steam so I've already had my fun.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account

No it's not.

People don't always want to have old consoles connected, also, even if hey could, people don't want to experience their favorite games at such lower fidelity anymore.

If I'm a fan of Jurrassic Park, do I want to continue watching the VHS I got in 1993? Or do I want to watch the Bluray?

Simple concept really.

Also, there are people who didn't play the game the first time around for whatever reason, who can now experience the game as if it were new.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
remasters are great. what does the age of a generation have to do with anything? why can't we have new games and better looking old games?

wouldn't you rather have new stuff? every time there's a rumour about what a studio is up to or an ip gets mentioned there's always someone clamoring for the same shit they played last week with better textures. It's boring.

gbland

Totally buy it if true for ps4. Got completely screwed over with the 360 version. The memory got corrupted twice once I hit around level 60 and I couldn't get 100% achievements.

How is it embarassing? Would we be getting TES 6 if this was not being released? no

wouldn't you rather have new stuff? every times there's a rumour about what a studio or ip there is always someone clamoring for the same shit they played last week with better textures. It's boring.

How does a remaster impact the new stuff? You think this is holding up a new IP or something?

Top Bottom