• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Bethesda will announce Skyrim remaster at E3

I played the living shit outta that game but after getting into the souls games and The Witcher I'm not sure I can go back unless they added new content, mechanics or a complete graphical overhaul or something I'm not sure I want it. Good for people that do though.

Of all the problems Fallout 4 has, combat isn't one of them.

Nah it's pretty shit. You can fight a level 3 Feral Ghoul and a level 71 Charred Feral Ghoul in the same encounter. How does that make any sense. Shooting might feel slightly better then F3 and NV but it still feels far under par then every other FPS game.

Skyrim's still worse tho since you can be slicing through draugrs then get killed by a draugr death skullfucker overlord in one hit and using melee weapons in that feels like swinging around a wet pool noodle

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
Only reason I'd be interested in this is if they fixed the leveling system, the terrible broken shops, the broken enchanting, smithing, ect.

MattyG

Banned
???
Oblivion - 2006
Skyrim - 2011
Skyrim RE - 2016??
I don't understand what you're trying to say. Are you saying that because it's been 5 years ES6 should be ready to go? FO4 just released. It's been long enough that a Remaster for Skyrim makes sense, and it'll tide people over for a year or two (hopefully) until we hear about ES6.

Zafir

Meh, would have rathered Morrowind, or even Oblivion really. They're older and thus probably require a remaster more.

The Flash

Banned
I lasted about a minute.

Painful.

olB0hX5.gif

Pffft no, Bethesda would be incapable of making Morrowind again.

Well, they may not be capable of making another game like Morrowind but I imagine that they manage a small remake of the game. Don't imagine that they'll alter much more than the combat and possibly add perks to the game. As long as they don't start messing around with the level of "freedom" offered by Morrowind the game should be fine. But god help them if they decide to make it so that I can't kill Vivec without doing the main quest at all and other bullshit.

Arkeband

Banned
I have no idea why anyone would want a remastered game where the fans routinely create better content than the base game itself.

Y'all better expect paid mods to read their ugly heads again.

Well, they may not be capable of making another game like Morrowind but I imagine that they would do a bit of a remake of the game. Don't imagine that they'll alter much more than the combat and possibly add perks to the game. As long as they don't start messing around with the level of "freedom" offered by Morrowind the game should be fine. But god help them if they decide to make it so that I can't kill Vivec without doing the main quest at all and other bullshit that constricts the freedom I had in Morrowind.

I've got news for you - They would totally do all of the things you don't want them to do. You'd be putting faith in a project for a huge RPG game where the studio has only been reducing the RPG nature in scope to the point where it hardly qualifes as an RPG anymore and thinks that adding a voiced protagonist, poorly implemented building features that serve no purpose and adding a terrible dialogue wheel were good ideas.

daman824

This was a bit of no-brainer though and not too much of surprise, especially since Bethesda said they ported Skyrim on to the current gen of consoles in the very beginning of Fallout 4's development.
Well sure, but that would have been back around 2013. They easily could have upped the resolution to 1080p and released the game on the ps4/xb1 three years ago. But they waited until 2016. And I'm saying they either better account for that in the pricing ($30) or there better be huge improvement in the way the game looks and plays. Like either remaking it using fallout 4 level assets or adding mod support for consoles.

But they won't

icespide

Banned
Well sure, but that would have been back around 2013. They easily could have upped the resolution to 1080p and released the game on the ps4/xb1 three years ago. But they waited until 2016. And I'm saying they either better account for that in the pricing ($30) or there better be huge improvement in the way the game looks and plays. Like either remaking it using fallout 4 level assets or adding mod support for consoles.

But they won't

you keep saying fallout 4 level assets like fallout is actually a good looking game

This will probably just be all the DLC + the high quality texture pack DLC from the PC version.

I doubt it gets new content, especially if it's not coming to PC.

Renekton

I really doubt it'll be markedly better than the ultra texture pack on PC (which I'm assuming they're using for Skywind). Even if the remaster is a bit better looking, they won't ditch all that work.
Textures are only one thing. There are current-gen tech that TES5 engine doesn't have, plus who knows maybe Beth finally gets PBR working this time.

Skyrim is already hd, has pc mods. They should also port oblivion. I mean beth is doing remasters now, hopefully this is better than dishonored definitive, and includes better textures + fallout 4 lighting and shaders.

Skyrim is already hd, has pc mods. They should also port oblivion. I mean beth is doing remasters now, hopefully this is better than dishonored definitive, and includes better textures + fallout 4 lighting and shaders.

This is clearly aimed at console gamers. The jump from Skyrim on 360/PS3 to the newer hardware could be huge.

I've got news for you - They would totally do all of the things you don't want them to do.

I'm counting on the power of laziness to keep Bethesda from fucking up a remake. I believe that Bethesda will put in the smallest amount of effort to polish up Morrowind for "easier" consumption by those used to Skyrim. Combat and possibly perks might be the biggest alterations.

Morrowind or daggerfall instead please? Skyrim was limp

I would love a remake of Daggerfall but that will be an undertaking that I don't see Bethesda working on.

Has anyone even asked for this? I mean the game ran almost on max settings on my old €590 Notebook I bought back in 2012, so even the console crowd should be able to easily play it on their toaster by now rather than requiring a PS4 version.

If this was a Morrowind or even an Oblivion (or a Fallout New Vegas for that matter) remaster then I'd be on board in a heartbeat, but a remake of a game that came out not even 5 years ago, still looks fine enough and got plenty of mods to make it look even better? Nah.

Of course, this will print the most bucks for the least amount of effort required, so Bethesda's suits will get to laugh maniacally while swimming in pre-order cash.

Shoeless

I'd be interested in this, I never finished the PS3 version due to a bug blocking my ability to finish a main story quest, so I couldn't advance further and didn't feel like starting over after 50+ hours of mostly open world play with a bit of main campaign here and there.

I'd totally be willing to double dip on this and actually try to finish it this time, but I'd probably wait six months until it's patched and ready for prime time. It's a safe bet there will be tons of bugs at launch, this is Bethesda we're talking about.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
sigh... New Vegas gets no love...

playing through that game for the first time right now, it's great

thinking I should've started on hardcore or maybe a harder difficulty, though, as I'm kinda wrecking fools right now

notaskwid

And have a remaster studio put out a higher quality product than they can currently muster? Seems like a good way to ruin an already shaky image.

Have you ever play a Bluepoint remaster? There's no doubt in my mind that it would be more technically competent than anything Bethsoft put out in a console, like ever.

Has anyone even asked for this?

If this was a Morrowind or even an Oblivion (or a Fallout New Vegas ) remaster then I'd be on board in a heartbeat, but a remake of a game that come out not even 5 years ago, still looks fine enough and got plenty of mods to make it look even better? Nah.

Of course, this will print the most bucks for the least amount of effort required, so Bethesda's suits will get to laugh maniacally while swimming in pre-order cash.

It will probably sell very sell so yes, people are asking for this. The version that "looks fine enough and got plenty of mods" is on PC. This is obviously an attempt to target console gamers.

Top Bottom