• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR | Emily Rogers: Zelda news coming soon, this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care about her account or whatever, I just don't get the constant mugging for attention from a select cadre of Nintendo gossipers. I mean, I get why they do it but I don't get why people continue to entertain them.

She sees you!

Rösti;200476080 said:
We also recently heard some rumors of an announcement happening in mid-April of an NX related event in late April. That could perhaps be in form of a Nintendo Direct broadcast where The Legend of Zelda will also be covered?

I hope so, starting to get thirsty. No way they can keep this train going on till E3.

Well, they could, but I won't like it. :mad:

ChaosXVI

I'd be totally down for female Link, whether as a simple menu choice at the start of the game, or they decided to just have a female "Hero" for this particular story, I'm totally down.

I also want to witness the eternal salt.

But... why? It's definitely fake, I refuse to believe Nintendo would be this stupid. Aonuma has clearly said Link isn't female in Zelda U.

I'm all for a Zelda game without Link, I'd like to play as Zelda for a change, Impa as well, or maybe Sheik during the 7-year interval of OOT (has been my wet dream for a while now), but why the constant obsession trying to make Link female? He's not a "link between game and player" any more, he's a fully fleshed character... for Nintendo standards.

Well, he's a set of characters that all have their unique qualities, and age. There's no reason that one of them couldn't be female.

I would expect if they did, they'd go back to the ritual of young men dressing up like the hero and make the female Link challenging that tradition. Something along those lines.

If they are going to do a female Link, then I do not want a gender toggle. I like my characters to be full characters. As there are many Links, it makes sense that the spirit of the Hero could chose a girl/woman. There is no reason for it not to happen. However, I want Nintendo to fully commit to that - I don't want two Links for this game, basically.

Agreed. I think it would be much more impactful storywise to stick to one set character.

I'd be down for a female Link, but I'd still love a Legend of Zelda game starring, like, Zelda.

Im firmly in there too!

No. Not technically, not nothing! I'm tired of seeing people quoting those horrible CDi "Zelda" games not made by Nintendo. They're not official or officially recognized at all. If you can find me where these fit in the timeline I'll let you use that game as argument.

But its also very depressing that the only time Zelda has been a protagonist it was in not one, but two (and the only two!) horrible Phillips CD-i games!

teeny

If they are going to do a female Link, then I do not want a gender toggle. I like my characters to be full characters. As there are many Links, it makes sense that the spirit of the Hero could chose a girl/woman. There is no reason for it not to happen. However, I want Nintendo to fully commit to that - I don't want two Links for this game, basically.

Unless there is time travel shenanigans.

-Horizon-

I'd be totally down for female Link, whether as a simply menu choice at the start of the game, or they decided to just have a female "Hero" for this particular story, I'm totally down.

I also want to witness the eternal salt.
I would prefer the latter...and the spoiler part

Clefargle

Love it if true. Here are the ways it could be implemented listed in order of how much I'd love them:

Female Link

Zelda as main playable char

Character toggle

Linkle

Er, why, it's not like the other one exists if you choose one, and it's not like the game has voice acting or Link speaking?

TLoZ has never really gone all in on characterisation.

MK_768

I dont know why people get bent out of shape with the idea of playing Link as a female. Are guys really playing the game because the main character is a male or because the games are fun?

The sex of the character you are playing shouldn't detract from anything.

AAMARMO

Banned
MkQBOef.png

Shocking Alberto's twitter points to one of the rumor being about gender.

And he's legit.

I thought he was banned from here for saying the "fake NX controllers" were real or something like that? I'm just asking because that's what I've seen people say.

How many fucking times has Emily Rogers quit/disappeared/whatever only to resurface a couple months later? This shit's getting old.

Why would you react like this? She seems like a solid enough person (with from what I've seen) a pretty good track record. If it bugs you just ignore her.

I don't get why people have this like seething, aggressive, hate towards people who are passionate about a community and like passing tidbits of information on. It's bewildering to me. I appreciate the info however small it might be. If you don't - then just ignore it. She probably has to disappear every so often because of all the unwarranted backlash and weird hate that overwhelms every time she says anything. I would to. I would also come back after it dies down a bit because there ARE people out there that appreciate it and that's probably what shes in it for.

According to her:

- Cross-gen (Wii U / NX)

- Female or male Link option

- Voice acting for all but Link

Badass. Those are all three things I've wanted. Hope they pan out!

MK_768

I don't care about her account or whatever, I just don't get the constant mugging for attention from a select cadre of Nintendo gossipers. I mean, I get why they do it but I don't get why people continue to entertain them.

No you care. You clearly care. Don't say you don't lol.

Im firmly in there too!

No. Not technically, not nothing! I'm tired of seeing people quoting those horrible CDi "Zelda" games not made by Nintendo. They're not official or officially recognized at all. If you can find me where these fit in the timeline I'll let you use that game as argument.

But its also very depressing that the only time Zelda has been a protagonist it was in not one, but two (and the only two!) horrible Phillips CD-i games!
I never said they were canon
It's a game that if not directly takes place within the Zelda universe, takes more than enough of it to have a copyright lawsuit if it wasn't approved by Nintendo

BiggNife

But... why? It's definitely fake, I refuse to believe Nintendo would be this stupid. Aonuma has clearly said Link isn't female in Zelda U.

I'm all for a Zelda game without Link, I'd like to play as Zelda for a change, Impa as well, or maybe Sheik during the 7-year interval of OOT (has been my wet dream for a while now), but why the constant obsession trying to make Link female? He's not a "link between game and player" any more, he's a fully fleshed character... for Nintendo standards.

Is Link really all that fleshed out? Basically the only constants between each game are that

1) He wears a green tunic
2) He's brave, because he has the Triforce of Courage
3) He's willing to go out of his way to protect his kingdom and the people he cares about.

None of that is gender specific. How would making Link female change anything? How is that any different from having female versions of Robin and Corrin in Fire Emblem?

I'd imagine it would most likely be a "you are the hero, regardless of your gender" situation, not a "there's a girl Link and a boy Link who exist side-by-side" situation.

Ashby

This. The different Links have always been characters to me and one of the things I look forward to with a new Zelda is a new Link (or the cool realization that it's an old Link, such as with Majora's Mask or Phantom Hourglass). I don't want Link being watered down into a create-a-character shell.

teeny

Er, why, it's not like the other one exists if you choose one, and it's not like the game has voice acting or Link speaking?

TLoZ has never really gone all in on characterisation.

I just like the idea of a single Link per game mini series, that's all. I know Zelda games have not traditionally gone all in on characterisation, but I like the way the different Links are designed to be separate heroes with common features.

I'd imagine it would most likely be a "you are the hero, regardless of your gender" situation, not a "there's a girl Link and a boy Link who exist side-by-side" situation.

I understand that, but even so - just my preference :) I'm not going to rag on the game if it is indeed a toggle.

diaspora

I don't see what's wrong with a toggle, Link's gender has rarely been a relevant part of these games. If you offer an option everyone wins.

MK_768

According to Emily

- Cross-gen (Wii U / NX)

- Female Link

Interesting cause I remember a thread a few weeks ago about VA in Zelda and a lot of people said they would be okay with Link not having VA but wanted the NPCs and such to have it.

This. The different Links have always been characters to me and one of the things I look forward to with a new Zelda is a new Link (or the cool realization that it's an old Link, such as with Majora's Mask or Phantom Hourglass). I don't want Link being watered down into a create-a-character shell.

The fact that you could give Link your own name in the very first game is cited by Miyamoto as the essence of the character.

According to her:

- Cross-gen (Wii U / NX)

- Female or male Link option

Omg this is amazing. Most of us knew the first one would happen. The second one is a cool option, BUT the third one?! That's going to be great to hear voices on everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom