• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: First Screens From Telltale's Game of Thrones

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So that is Lena Heady in the trailer...maybe they do have the real actors, or at least some of them. The trailer also confirms that is in fact Ramsay Bolton in the OP. Cool.

inm8num2

If this game is buggy like other Telltale games, I can envision the consumer slogan asking for patches: "A Lannistar always fixes the bugs." :p

inm8num2

Maybe I've just been lucky but I've never had a bug with the Telltale games (PC).

I haven't played TWD S2 or TWAU, but generally the experience with TWD was okay. Seems like some users have had issues with graphical glitches, crashes, saves not carrying over, etc., but I really just wanted to make that joke! Damn it, I also spelled Lannister incorrectly. :p

Earlier TT games like Sam & Max didn't present any issues for me, though those were a different engine than the one TT developed for TWD.

edit - talking about PC, which seem to be the platform of most complaints

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
TWD S1 had some insane glitches and bugs on 360. Crashed regularly, sound output errors, several brickwall moments requiring a chapter restart. Most were well documented.

Never had much issue with Sam n Max 1 and Monkey Island however. Recently playing Wolf Among Us has been a delight on PS4 as well. Runs great thankfully.

This is confirmed for PS4 right?

Mifune

Mehmber
What a fantastic way to help bridge the gap between seasons of the show. HBO is smart.

I wonder which Telltale team is working on this.

Raonak

Banned
Looks alright, very telltale lookin, but they generally look the part more than I was expecting.

Is this based on the show or books? Will it spoil either of them for me?

The name of the game being Game of Thrones(rather than a song of ice and fire) made it pretty obviously it's based on the show

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn... I've sworn to never buy another Telltale game before the season is complete or is discounted at 50%, but being such a massive ASoIaF fan, this might be tough.

I just know it's going be at least marked down at least 30% even before episode 2 is released... gah.

TimFL

Glad they got the actors to voice their respective roles in this. Would've been weird to have random people doing the job when the game is based on the TV Show.

Bought this yesterday in combination with the Borderlands one. No real Borderlands fan but I thought the same about TWAU and that's my favorite Telltale
game now.

Going to be a tough 8 months until all episodes are out... I usually tell myself I'll wait but I end up being one of the first to play the episodes when they come out.

Top Bottom