• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: GFK Market Research Survey about Nintendo NX leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMax

The most exciting part is the Nintendo Network stuff. Sounds like they're really going after Xbox strength's there with content sharing and networking. About time!

It says that there is a console and a handheld but it doesn't say which streams @ 4K.
And what does the 900p 60fps thing even mean? Even the Wii U could run at 1080p 60fps

Maedre

Banned
900p? meh.

Everthing else is standard for nealry 10 Years (4k60 output aside) Nintendo why are you doing this. 1080p has to be standard.

GAZhims3lv

Neo Member
900P and 4K streaming? What world is this. Maybe it's just the handheld-thing that's 900P. At least I hope so.

anigif_original-grid-image-17093-1393958168-15.gif

Chris B

Anyone else think that looks like a screen grab of a website and a word doc put together? Different fonts and that?

Morts

If the handheld actually had a 900p resolution I'd be pleasantly surprised.

That said this is probably fake.

Banned
900p/60fps is a pretty weird specification to put in a survey like this.

I mean, if that's Nintendo's internal target, I guess most of their games in a given generation run at the same framerate/resolution as opposed to some publishers like EA, but it seems like kind of an odd distinction.

Nothing else here seems to stick out beyond what we already expected.
I was gonna post this. I guess if it is aiming for XB1 power and Nintendo does prefer 60fps for their games they'd naturally go with 900p60 over 1080p30.

Nzyme32

The title isnt making much sense to me

Surely you mean Nintendo are a client of GFK. GFK are a market research company

900P and 4K streaming? What world is this. Maybe it's just the handheld-thing that's 900P. At least I hope so.

anigif_original-grid-image-17093-1393958168-15.gif

Not that crazy. Nvidia Shield TV can output 4K video but it's (console quality) games stick around 720p, 15-60FPS. Dedicated hardware video decoding chip makes the 4K easy for video, same can't be said about 3D graphics >.<

gus-gus

Banned
not much to say but this seems really fake. Specifically mentioning the res/framerate for starters. Two the what's in the box section doesn't even mention power supply. I know Nintendo does this for handhelds, but for a home console. Nice try who ever did this.

edit: beaten badly, really late on this one.

How could anybody say what every game is going to run at resolution wise? Just like the Ps4 and Xbox One, I'd imagine it will be a moving target.

TAS

Sounds fabricated. It would be disastrous if true, especially the part about the sensor bar.

Rodin

900p doesn't make any sense in there not because it's impossible that their games or some of the games on the system will output at that resolution, but because sounds almost like a "lock". Like "every game is 900p/60fps".

seems-legit-part4-18.jpeg

And lol at people overreacting to this, which is nothing.

seeing as it's a survey maybe the next page will ask how interested you are at that point. maybe it's not 900p but they just want to see peoples reaction to it if they only did 900p. same for other parts of the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom