• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Grand Theft Auto V will use additional DRM on PC (Steam + Denuvo)

Daverid

Would be nice to also hear official word from Rockstar, but if Denuvo is outright saying they aren't involved, then that pretty much clears it up anyway. Thank fuck!

Well looks like I'm now temporarily back on the fence. PC version better be solid as fuck Rockstar, if so you'll have my money.

Rockstar will probably announce Tagès2 as it's DRM solution now to troll pc players.

I actually wouldn't mind always-online DRM in GTA if they gave us powerful modding options.

MEsoJD

Banned
unfortunately, currently steam drm is easily broken and games protected with it are pirated... so Denuvo has to be using something much more complicated

That's not really an issue though… steam is more than drm… it's a service that's very user friendly and they have no problem making money. That said, majority of pirates never had the intention of buying said product.

The Escapist also received a response from Denuvo where they again state they aren't involved with the game. Apparently they worked with Rockstar on GTA IV, so I assume the logo on their site is a remnant from their SecuROM days.

Case closed?

Chobel

And Denuvo's been cracked.

image.php

However I think you're wrong, I searched the usual suspect websites, and Lord of The Fallen and Fifa 15 are still not cracked.

Top Bottom