• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] PC version of GTA V Cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it is not. One of the reasons Red Dead Redemption wasn't ported was that the code was a mess, and the fact that a lot of people who worked on were laid off and/or fired. For GTA V, there is no excuse.

And Take-Two corporate didn't want to make it a reality.

Even if the code was a mess, it's not like it was impossible to make a Red Dead Redemption PC port...if Rockstar / Take-Two really wanted to develop one they could have done it.

Guys, it's a RUMOUR from a site that isn't even linking a working font, with a game that is officially announced, the last take two conference call mentioning the game version, the steam page is up and running. don't jump to conclusions pls.

guys pls

Like what? It's not like they're going to give us mod tools.

I believe you are too young to have followed the backlash against Hot Coffee at the time ?

Any significant mods are going to be years after release.

If you are talking about a total conversion mod or the like, of course.
If you are talking about something like changing some textures, you only need Durante and 23 minutes :)

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I am refreshing Rockstar Twitter feed constantly lol. They better deny this fast.

Ploid 3.0

If this is true, Fuck Rockstar.

Seriously what are they so scared of with PC gamers. Scared that some ICEnhancer modder will make the game look crazy and that will drive people away from the console version? They gotta know this constantly screwing over the PC gamers will just make them hate Rockstar or not even care about the games they make. If they do skip out on PC I guess I got what I wanted out of it and finished the bleh story on PS3.

I really wanted to see what mods would make this game look like, but the engine they use for GTA last gen was pretty bad on PC anyway. So it's probably for the best since they might have their hands full porting the game to the new consoles. The PC version may get rushed, be buggy as heck, and require brute force hardware to make it run ok.

That is if all of this is true anyway. Still I fear for the PC version's performance.

tumblr_lzjro2Tv011r4gei2o4_400.gif

jk

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Not believing this.

If they were forced to bring GTA V to PC because of high demand, then where the hell is my PC version of Red Dead Redemption?

...or maybe there was not really high demand for a PC port of Red Dead Redemption. Guess this means I'll hold onto my Xbox 360 for a little while longer.
The official response (as far as I remember) was that RDR went through a really hard development phase, and that they didn't port it to PC because they didn't want to touch the code anymore, because it was in an awful state.

Rockstar have always disliked PC ports, optimisation for a platform with so many variables has been mentioned as a big issue.

Well, Max Payne 3 was great, they just need to give the GTAV port to the same team. Also, with the new console being just PCs, porting the code should be easier than ever.

Banned
They're doing it to drive up demand for the PS4 and XB1 versions. Then a few months after that release it will be on PC with all the DLC.

Corpekata

Banned
I believe you are too young to have followed the backlash against Hot Coffee at the time ?

If you are talking about a total conversion mod or the like, of course.
If you are talking about something like changing some textures, you only need Durante and 23 minutes :)

A hack that used previous locked content is not a mod. Rockstar got shit for it because they were dumb enough to build the minigame in the first place. That was their blunder. They can avoid it by doing something simple like not building a really stupid mini game in the first place.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
In the meantime R* can make their new-gen bizucks on piracy-free console platforms!

/Ron Burgundy "I don't believe you".gif

Hip Hop

This game was the reason I built a gaming PC back in 2012. lol.

but nah, I doubt this rumor is true. They've been updating the Steam page, why go to those lengths if you are going to cancel straight out?

Makes no sense.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Haha GTFO with this click bait bullshieet. Cause not even the cosmos could help them if this was even remotely true.

scam story I bet.

the domain rantic.com registered recently in panama, has less authenticity than a post it note left on a reporters screen.

Omega

Banned
lmao really people? Rantic's own website that the author for some reason tries to link isn't even a real link

Since there's no real reason to believe this, I doubt it's true. But I'll keep an eye on the Steam page and see if anything happens to that.

I know that the news day has been slow, but this? Seriously! Never heard of Fox Weekly and the headline screams click-bait. Unless a more reputable gaming source comes forth confirming this, I am just gonna sit here waiting for this game to come home to my rig.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom