• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] PC version of GTA V Cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
vAvxlFB.gif

I find this claim to be HIGHLY dubious.

Sounds like spurious information to me. Why cancel the PC version?

Its like passing on free money. Not to mention, it would be betraying one of their core audiences.

Hip Hop

You know what would suck though?

If for some reason the PC version gets the 360/PS3 version ala Tomb Raider Definite Edition.

I'm with you. I find the OP suspicious personally but that ain't my problem.

Yeah, the only thing I can see is if OP though it was Fox News, not Fox Weekly. But it's blatant looking at the site, they have two articles in August, one in June....it's not a real site. Their #NOW tag only has articles from May, c'mon

Qassim

I don't think this is true.

Rockstar have always disliked PC ports, optimisation for a platform with so many variables has been mentioned as a big issue.

Yet they released one of the best PC ports of anyone in the form of Max Payne 3.

Haha, I can't believe some people are willing to give credit to that site :p
I mean, people could start to panic if it was at least a serious site with a good record.

Eusis

I don't think this is true.

Yet they released one of the best PC ports of anyone in the form of Max Payne 3.
The current state of PC also allows for a lot of reliable long tail sales and I have to imagine it's easier relative to the past, especially the mid 90s when we had multiple competing APIs before it cooled down to basically OpenGL vs DirectX then basically just DirectX.

prudislav

This is starting to be really hilarious . First there is "speculation circle" through all game websites linking each others started out of thin air(gamecom absence) and now this crap from unknown site which will spread simiralry

This thread should probably be locked since the source is not credible. All this is going to do is get people pissed off and naysayer stating that Rockstar don't care about PC gamers, etc.

link4117

This is starting to be really hilarious . First there is "speculation circle" through all game websites linking each others started out of thin air(gamecom absence) and now this crap from unknown site which will spread simiralry

Agreed. The circle jerk games media does is really stupid at this point.

SparkTR

This is either bullshit or Rockstar is an incompetent game developer. Seriously, they only announced the PC version two months ago, if there are actually issues they would have been accounted for months before even thinking about an announcement, that's a basic aspect of game development. Nothing this serious could have popped up in these two months after announcement that they wouldn't have known about the five before that.

Kacho

Yeah, the only thing I can see is if OP though it was Fox News, not Fox Weekly. But it's blatant looking at the site, they have two articles in August, one in June....it's not a real site. Their #NOW tag only has articles from May, c'mon

Yup. Plus OP hasn't posted anything else.

Qassim

The reason why I give almost no credit to the site is because of this:

Rockstar recently announced GTA V for next-gen and PC will be delayed until 2015.

They didn't announce this at all.

In other news, Fox Weekly circa 2014 gets confused with Fox News circa 1996. Neogaf moderator Wario64 confirms the mistaken identity lead to countless pennies flowing into the wrong account.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
At least it was kinda amusing.
Also, can anybody confirm is "Brad Cockingham" actually is a real person? I honestly hope so

by the way.

foxweekly is a blog run by a 21 year old out of Florida that makes stuff up. Alien abductions and photos from onboard mh370.

why is this still a topic?

I noticed, since you're the only one that actually noticed what I wrote :D

People. This article must be a prank. The dude and the marketing firm cited DO NOT EXIST.

Come on, Google is your friend. :D
I was about to get mad, hah.

Carry on waiting for the preorder page to let us buy it, people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom