• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Playstation 4 To Release On 22nd November In Europe

Cant see it happening,

UK Community PlayStation Manager just tweeted;

3S1MZYk.jpg

He knows as much as us.

Almost definitely just a mistake/misunderstanding. Very little chance of this happening. The Xbox is out on the same day, it would be a nightmare for retailers.

BLESSED

Neo Member

Raist

Banned
The two weeks probably account for another 500,000 consoles produced, allowing them to send more consoles for day one launch in both NA and EU rather than if they launched on the same day. Which is probably preferable to smaller launch quantities then a limited stream of consoles.

At least its only two weeks and not 2 months.

Half a million in 2 weeks? I really doubt it's anywhere near that much.

Can you not contact some of your sources to put a lid on this, or is it so outrageous there's no point?

It's out on the 29th. Retailers wouldn't allow such a move at this late hour. I expect the release dates have actually been coordinated to some degree by retailers.

nampad

Amazon.de send out a mail yesterday informing their customers not to change the address or payment option because it led to problems with the launch delivery in the past few days. Maybe it's connected?
I changed my payment option 2 hours before the mail arrived -_-

Meanwhile, the KZ megabundle is said to be delayed for 2 weeks in Germany and this would just add a third week of wait...

8bit

Knows the Score
Aren't most people in Europe (mainland anyway) paid monthly on the 25th? This would seem kind of crazy to bring it forward to before payday.

Birathen

Aren't most people in Europe (mainland anyway) paid monthly on the 25th? This would seem kind of crazy to bring it forward to before payday.

In Sweden atleast, 25th or 27th. I don't care, this needs to be true :) My wallet is release-secured.

I notice that there's no "delivery estimate" on the main screen of my Amazon order now. If you click through, it says 29th of November. I took it as a bad sign that my Killzone bundle may be delayed...

My friend works for the distribution company for Sony in EU (Centresoft). He's trying to find out. BUT BUT BUT they are getting their stocks from Sony NEXT week...

Edit: Not news so far.

I would love for it to be true, but it would be one hell of a ride for retailers at the midnight launch on the 22nd.

What I could see is Sony doing a limited release in London, Paris and Berlin on the 22nd at their own stores as a spoiler to the Bone release party in Europe.

My friend works for the distribution company for Sony in EU (Centresoft). He's trying to find out. BUT BUT BUT they are getting their stocks from Sony NEXT week...

Edit: Not heard anything.

They would have to get it next week to ensure that their channel is filled by the 29th. Two weeks to ship boxes to every store in the country, not an easy task.

PaulLFC

This would be amazing. NOT getting hopes up though as I don't think it's likely at all. Interested to see what the GAME "exciting news" is though.

I would love for it to be true, but it would be one hell of a ride for retailers at the midnight launch on the 22nd.

What I could see is Sony doing a limited release in London, Paris and Berlin on the 22nd at their own stores as a spoiler to the Bone release party in Europe.

They would have to get it next week to ensure that their channel is filled by the 29th. Two weeks to ship boxes to every store in the country, not an easy task.

Yep that's what they said.

Top Bottom