• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Thief 4 switched to next-gen consoles; could release next year

Fine by me! Ready for next-gen. I have enough still to finish on the current consoles, with a fair few games on the way. Happy to wait for Thief. Especially after their excellent job on Deus Ex 3.

ArjanN

As far as I'm concerned Dishonored is Thief 4. They've really botched the handling of this game and I'm not sure if next gen means anything good, especially if it releases next year which would be the first year of the new consoles. And that means games that are still weak and don't know how to take advantage of the new power.

Eh, I assume they're just targeting a high end PC and then adjust the console versions when they have the final specs/hardware. Which I'm pretty sure is what most everyone making next-gen games right now is doing.

Uh oh, DNF memories flooding back. they should just release whatever they've got, lest the game get stuck in development hell.

Pushed to next-gen sounds good to me.

Yeah, I could see it really taking off as a franchise if it manages to hit that space where it's an early next gen hit. The reason why publishers say early days of new consoles are exciting and all that.

Glass Rebel

I still remain hopeful that it'll be as awesome as DX:HR and since I'll be playing it on PC a jump to next-gen would be preferable to me.

Just lose the dumb title/logo.

Top Bottom