• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 to get 2 years worth of DLC

Please let this mean IW is skipping Ghosts and giving us a remastered MW collection. PLEASE.

At this point this is all I want the zombie-IW to do since I don't trust them with doing another mainline Call of Duty.

Sledgehammer and Treyarch taking the reins and getting more time to work on their games is probably better for almost everyone involved anyway. AW was incredibly well-recieved, and the lead up to BLOps 3 has been fucking crazy. It's not hard to forget that IW exists.

Never purchased a COD, and I've stayed away from console shooters since Killzone 2.

How does it work if I don't buy new maps if I feel like playing random multiplayer?

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Never purchased a COD, and I've stayed away from console shooters since Killzone 2.

How does it work if I don't buy new maps if I feel like playing random multiplayer?

You'll just be pooled with players who don't have the maps, it won't bother you at all.

Unlike World At War I believe where you actually got thrown out of the room saying you don't have the DLC lol.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

It cuts off the community so you don't get to play with players who bought the maps.

But so many people buy these games that you won't have trouble getting into a lobby where new maps aren't played.

Most DLC maps or map-sets (since they usually release 4-5 at once) tend to have their own separate playlists. I think the majority of people usually play the vanilla maps anyway though so it'll be fine. Like, millions of people buy and play these games actively. Trust me, buying them on consoles is no problem if you're looking for people to play with.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Brilliant move! Treyarch is their prize horse, so why only trot it out every three years? It's smarter to keep releasing more content for a great CoD, then release a new game in a year.

I think this means we'll only have two teams working on CoD, and maybe the third team can start a new ip.

Thanks for all the answers. I just love the amount of content the game has that I'm thinking of getting it but would probably only buy the DLC if I really liked the game / they were on sale.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
You know, if 2 years of DLC is the rough equivalent of 2 season passes, and the amount of content in each pack is the same as it was in Black Ops 2 (4 multiplayer maps, 1 zombies map)...

...then after two years, the game would have 45 multiplayer maps and 10 zombies levels.

Get ready for a $100 season pass.

Anyways, the real Infinity Ward died after MW2. This is just some scrub team using Infinity Ward's name. MW3 and Ghosts are shit.

Treyarch is the king COD developer now by default, but they are still nowhere near the greatness of the original Infinity Ward.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Get ready for a $100 season pass.

Anyways, the real Infinity Ward died after MW2. This is just some scrub team using Infinity Ward's name. MW3 and Ghosts are shit.

Treyarch is the king COD developer now by default, but they are still nowhere near the greatness of the original Infinity Ward.

Even though IW changed the landscape with MW1, beyond that, i don't think anyone would really agree with you personally.

COD1 was universally praised on release, but it did not age well at all even in the generation it released. COD2 still holds up, and the only one after that they made that was good was MW1. 2 great games versus 3 and so to be 4 great games from Treyarch.

If we count Respawn, the content dwindled so much that you can't even play it offline, which automatically made me dismiss it.

Hopefully the next Titanfall game actually has different modes and ways to play outside of online multiplayer or that bots thing.

Overboost

I would take any rumor from this guy with a HUGE grain of salt. He claimed to have a ton of insider info about BO3 before reveal and was wrong about just about everything. He seems to just make things up and hope they turn out to be true so he can claim he has all the intel. But they rarely do.

Stupid Nostradamus prediction:
2015 - Destiny Year 2, 3arc COD
2016 - Destiny 2, 3arc COD Year 2
2017 - Destiny 2 Year 2, IW COD

2017 is also the 10th anniversary of Modern Warfare, and it'd be awfully cute for the schedule to fall into place like that...

Suddenly this is all starting to sound surprisingly believable. It would probably do good things for COD with its recent diminishing returns.

Lucifon

I'd be surprised if this is true. In this case though I'm really not that bothered personally. I played the blops 3 beta and it was fine but nothing mindblowing, I thought AW had a more interesting feel to it personally (I know some people hate the exo stuff but it turned me into a ninja). In 2 years there'll be so many other mp shooters available.

Top Bottom