• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 to get 2 years worth of DLC

KJRS_1993

Ghosts will get the boot. There's no way they're carrying it on.
They're going to either continue the Modern Warfare series or rerelease the three games as a single package onto current gen.

params7

Banned
Just preordered the game, will head to the midnight launch tomorrow. Can't wait :3

Hopefully this is at least as good as Blops1 and 2.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
You honestly believe the Big Red One was better than Cod4?

No, i said it was decent.

Treyarch wasn't a bad studio before, but IW really did have the commanding lead until MW1, but after that i felt they were surpassed at their own game. With MW2, they stopped making quality and went for bombastic Hollywood nonsense complete with unnecessary shock value moments instead of making the set pieces more diverse or the game more engaging.

They essentially became the epitome of the negative stereotypes of AAA multi million dollar games

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
One of the things that gave me a lot of respect for Treyarch was them managing to make COD3 in around 8 - 9 months. I mean, I hated it and it's still my least favourite COD game but I still respect the fact they managed to get a single player campaign/multiplayer game out in that restricted time. I never played COD3s multi though, just single player and I know some of my friends enjoyed COD3s multi. They were always talented but just the 'lesser' studio in IW and Activisions eyes but they've shown themselves to be a damned decent studio IMO. Hell I even enjoyed some of the other games that they made like Quantum Of Solance etc before they were given time to breathe.

Inuhanyou

One of the things that gave me a lot of respect was them managing to make COD3 in around 8 - 9 months. I mean, I hated it and it's still my least favourite COD game but I still respect the fact they managed to get a single player campaign/multiplayer game out in that restricted time. I never played COD3s multi though, just single player and I know some of my friends enjoyed COD3s multi.

Still the only multi with controllable vehicles. I wonder if they'll ever bring those back again...

I'm not the hugest Call of Duty guy anymore, but man, seeing all this stuff for BLOPS 3 is pretty impressive. Seems like a lot of content. I'm sure a lot of people are going to love it.

Armadilo

Banned
Ghosts ended in a cliffhanger, they're not going to drop it yet.

You sure about that? Guess you haven't been paying attention to what has been happening at Infinity Ward, but I have and I think im 90% sure that Ghost is dead. Next year is Naughty Dogs turn to make COD with the help of Neversoft

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Still the only multi with controllable vehicles. I wonder if they'll ever bring those back again...

Doesn't World at War have tanks on some maps?

edit: beaten to death, through heaven, through purgatory, through hell, and back to life

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
You sure about that? Guess you haven't been paying attention to what has been happening at Infinity Ward, but I have and I think im 90% sure that Ghost is dead. Next year is Naughty Dogs turn to make COD with the help of Neversoft

I genuinely don't know, what's been happening at Infinity Ward ? Recently I mean, I assume you aren't talking about the initial breakup.

Inuhanyou

World At War did as well from what I remember though I think it was only tanks.

WaW had the tanks in a couple maps.

Doesn't World at War have tanks on some maps?

edit: beaten to death, through heaven, through purgatory, through hell, and back to life

Really...? That reminds me atleast of one stupid ass thing they did at the time. Locking maps behind the purchasing of map packs. I can't remember how many times i cursed out the TV trying to load up a map and then getting booted immediately just cause i didn't buy the pack the map came with.

original

Going the Battlefield 4 route!

I wouldn't mind more multiplayer games having a year of paid DLC and a year of free DLC like Battlefield 4.

Creaking

I genuinely don't know, what's been happening at Infinity Ward ? Recently I mean, I assume you aren't talking about the initial breakup.

Last year IW picked up two Naughty Dog designers (lead game designer and narrative design lead) who worked on The Last of Us. They also merged Neversoft into IW.

Imagine if next year there is no mainline CoD.

Would be the best thing to happen to this franchise since the A-10 Warthog killstreak.

That would be great. Get rid of IW and have Sledgehammer and Treyarch alternate releasing a game every two years.

2015 - BO3
2017 - AW2
2019 - WaW2
2021 - AW3

Massively help cut down on franchise fatigue and ensure better games. Plus, I do think with more experience Sledgehammer could make great multiplayer. The campaign in AW was great, but a lot of decisions in multiplayer sucked.

Armadilo

Banned

I will tell you basically Activision hired big names from Naughty Dog and those guys were given the reigns over Infinity Ward, so they make the decisions now.

They then took Neversoft and they joined, IW. So IW now has Neversoft working together but no more Neversoft and just one big Infinity Ward.

Last year was known that a top guy from Respawn Entertainment who was exInfinity Ward who was responsible for MW2 multiplayer Left Respawn to join Infinity Ward and he's working on the multiplayer for their next COD

_-- also that Rubin guy who was the the lead designer at IW got fired, so weak small team IW worked on MW3 and Ghost

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Did no one play extinction? Ghosts was great.

I loved Extinction but not enough to pay for the season pass. I enjoyed it's mental campaign as well but honestly I'd be happy for them to leave it all behind to concentrate on something new.

I will tell you basically Activision hired big names from Naughty Dog and those guys were given the reigns over Infinity Ward, so they make the decisions now.

They then took Neversoft and they joined, IW. So IW now has Neversoft working together but no more Neversoft and just one big Infinity Ward.

Last year was known that a top guy from Respawn Entertainment who was exInfinity Ward who was responsible for MW2 multiplayer Left Respawn to join Infinity Ward and he's working on the multiplayer for their next COD

Ah thanks :) That bolded part would worry me personally though....

JoseLopez

That would be great. Get rid of IW and have Sledgehammer and Treyarch alternate releasing a game every two years.

2015 - BO3
2017 - AW2
2019 - WaW2
2021 - AW3

Massively help cut down on franchise fatigue and ensure better games. Plus, I do think with more experience Sledgehammer could make great multiplayer. The campaign in AW was great, but a lot of decisions in multiplayer sucked.
Blops 1 is basically WaW 2 so that be silly.

sjay1994

So... does this mean there is no new COD game next year?

Because thats pretty interesting. I've been wondering how the hell they would be able to announce "ghosts 2" with a straight face, but if there is no IW COD next year, ghosts has probably been scraped.

Son Of D

Cod season passes are 50 bucks geez dude

4 years of CoD BO3 it is then.

So... does this mean there is no new COD game next year?

Because thats pretty interesting. I've been wondering how the hell they would be able to announce "ghosts 2" with a straight face, but if there is no IW COD next year, ghosts has probably been scraped.

If they do a CoD release at all it could just be a remaster or something. Or release a disc of Black Ops 3 with the Season 1 DLC plus some extras to advertise Season 2.

zsynqx

I loved Extinction but not enough to pay for the season pass. I enjoyed it's mental campaign as well but honestly I'd be happy for them to leave it all behind to concentrate on something new.

Ah thanks :) That bolded part would worry me personally though....

Lol hate to be a IW buzzkill but that guy from respawn is back at respawn. We were discussing in the other thread.

Actually I am not sure. From the Goeff Keighley Titanfall piece it says they had 4 lead designers on Cod4/MW2 and they all went on to join Respawn. Two of them left midway through production. One joined Naughty Dog and is working on Uncharted 4 and the multiplayer guy, Todd Alderman, also left. He then apparently joined Infinity Ward again but his linkedin says he is at Riot? However, I just looked at the employee page on http://www.respawn.com/company/ and he is back on there so I think he is at Respawn again lol

Creaking

Did no one play extinction? Ghosts was great.

Extinction was the only really good part of Ghosts to me. If they don't do Ghosts 2, they should still keep Extinction. I wouldn't agree that Ghosts was great though. One mode does not a game make.

Bolivar687

Banned
Lol hate to be a IW buzzkill but that guy from respawn is back at respawn. We were discussing in the other thread.

Not to hound you about this but, like his LinkedIn, that page also looks outdated. It doesn't even say he worked on Titanfall, or any of his following projects.

Phionoxx

Seems like a smart move if this turns out to be true. I would gladly support a season pass 2 / expansion pack pricing for BLOPS 3 if the first year of content turns out to be good, which from everything that has leaked so far it certainly seems to be offering a lot right off the bat.

zsynqx

Not to hound you about this but, like his LinkedIn, that page also looks outdated. It doesn't even say he worked on Titanfall, or any of his following projects.

It isn't outdated as he was not on that list when Titanfall released but is now. Also it has a number of newer hires including Stig from the God of War team as well as a number of other people on that cancelled project who moved over to Respawn

About your point it only mentions shipped games that he was working on and he left Respawn in late 2012 along with the other lead Zied Rieke.

Creaking

Seems like a smart move if this turns out to be true. I would gladly support a season pass 2 / expansion pack pricing for BLOPS 3 if the first year of content turns out to be good, which from everything that has leaked so far it certainly seems to be offering a lot right off the bat.

Seriously, it's like you got Black Ops 3, then you got your sight and two attachments, then you get that primary gunfighter wildcard and add another attachment, then you put the card on again and add another attachment, then you get overkill and add a whole second gun.

If this rumor pans out, then the fully loaded Black Ops 3 will be something amazing to behold.

I'm a weirdo and check Titanfall's Company page like once a month lol.

They update it all the time. They already have the Kojima Prod LA person on there who joined the team.

It isn't outdated as he was not on that list when Titanfall released but is now. Also it has a number of newer hires including Stig from the God of War team as well as a number of other people on that cancelled project who moved over to Respawn

About your point it only mentions shipped games that he was working on and he left Respawn in late 2012 along with the other lead Zied Rieke.

Wait Stig is working on Titanfall 2?

zsynqx

I'm a weirdo and check Titanfall's Company page like once a month lol.

They update it all the time. They already have the Kojima Prod LA person on there who joined the team.

Lol same boat

You know this for sure?

Also, if he was there up to 2012, he obviously worked on Titanfall and it would be on his bio.

I am sure that he wasn't on there at Titanfall launch but is now. Seems logical that he is back there based on that.

jelly

So kinda like Destiny then The Taken King edition a year later.

I would be surprised, new COD is tradition, guess it depends how many consumers care for campaign.

Top Bottom