• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: God of War 4 to be set in Norse Mythology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
anybody but kratos is ok with me

This.

Also, although I'm not a huge fan of the series, I'd love to see God of War explore new mythologies - but I'd rather see Sony tackle underrepresented ones, like Egyptian, Mayan, Aztec or something. As awesome as Norse mythology is, it's been portrayed quite a few times already.

MrMephistoX

Franchise needs a shake up. Hopefully no Kratos

I hope it's both; he's killed all the Greco Roman Gods On Mount Olympus now it's time to take on Valhalla and all the religions of the world.

Logical extension of the franchise culminating with an ultimate Jesus throw down.

Kratos or bust! He IS the franchise. The God of War.

I say no to this. I think God of War is a great beat em up with an interesting setting, however I found Kratos to be too blood thirsty to have a good story. He just blames everybody for something he did out of rage and goes on a killing rampage. I think they can pull off a much better story if they leave Kratos behind them. I think game story telling has come a long way since the original God of War.

Just my opinion, but ill likely buy God of War 4 either way.

-Horizon-

Please don't let the protag be bald. Or have short generic hair.
Let them (he or she) have flowing locks. Show me the true next gen of hair.

It's going to be a shame when we smash his face in with Mjolnir lol

It would suck to get glitched and be stuck at punching his face
;)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So Thor, Odin, Loki etc.

norse%20gods.jpg

I hope we play as Týr and you get your hand bitten off in the beginning of the game and get it replaced with a weapon. Or they could just make up a character.

Zukkoyaki

While I do believe Kratos will be the protagonist... I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that God of War 4 could be a codename.

mejin

lol no Kratos? Let's make Halo without MC, Metroid without Samus, Zelda without Zelda. This makes sense. XD

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just finished GoWIII Remastered last night, probably my fifth or sixth playthrough in total, so I am super pumped for a new GoW. Norse mythos is perfect. Give me a new take on Kratos or a neewcharacter, I don't mind either.

GoWIII's ending sets up a lot of ways they could change him a bit after the release of Hope. I could see a situation where he's trying to settle down in a new land and the ghost of Athena conspires to turn the new gods against him.

DrZeus

Never got the kratos hate, but new god of war news is always good news.
Kratos will be an unlockable skin

J_Viper

I'd be down for Norse, just bring back Kratos

There's a part of me that really wants a present-day GOW, just to see how fucking insane that'd be

Corpekata

Banned
How do people not realize this he is the God of War he is the main character and he is very popular they are not going to change him.

I mean, Halo 5 has you only have what, 3 playable levels as Master Chief? Switching or changing up popular heroes isn't that unprecedented.

Certainly not getting Shepard back in Mass Effect 4 either.

hawk2025

There's no good reason to drop Kratos.

The god of war working his way through time and countries opens up the whole series to so many new ideas, and lets them keep the iconic character and name.

I'd bet Kratos staying.

Now, changing up the weapons and the gameplay? That makes more sense.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Just finished GoWIII Remastered last night, probably my fifth or sixth playthrough in total, so I am super pumped for a new GoW. Norse mythos is perfect. Give me a new take on Kratos or a neewcharacter, I don't mind either.

GoWIII's ending sets up a lot of ways they could change him a bit after the release of Hope. I could see a situation where he's trying to settle down in a new land and the ghost of Athena conspires to turn the new gods against him.

Thank you for saying that the story isn't done, because it clearly isn't. Been saying the same thing for a while now. Not sure if people even saw the after-credits scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom