• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: God of War 4 to be set in Norse Mythology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papacheeks

Banned
Was shinobi supporting these leaks as legit? Because I'm not convinced, and these could have been old concepts.

If this is real, my hype for a God of war game just fizzled to nothing. Horizon here i COME.

doofy102

So it's Kratos with a beard.

2016-04-0500_50_53-go5nok2.png

That's absolutely terrible.

And a tiny axe? After the nimble blades? No way.

I'm tired of God of War but my interest may yet be rekindled with a new setting and characters. (New MC is a must.)

Nah, I can play as Kratos all day for every installment. Most of the franchise fans actually like the character, even after everything he's done.

But that's because they should have stayed out of his way in the first place.

Bring it on.

The norse god's watched kratos destroy everything, they want to start fresh, some of them want to kill kratos and rule. the others are scared of kratos and rather join him and convince him to start fresh

Player decides what they wanna do (player isnt kratos obviosuly)

Zukkoyaki

Was shinobi supporting these leaks as legit? Because I'm not convinced, and these could have been old concepts.

If this is real, my hype for a God of war game just fizzled to nothing. Horizon here i COME.
He literally only said Norse mythology. These "leaks" are unrelated to him.

I am so confused. How can Kratos jump into a new mythology? That makes no sense.

I am pretty sure the leak is a fake, and that SMS is not dumb enough to go with a protagonist from a different myth.

farisr

shinobi probably knows something, but yeah, the nerdleaks info should not be taken seriously (unless shinobi confirms it of course)

Papacheeks

Banned
He literally only said Norse mythology. These "leaks" are unrelated to him.

Cool.

I'll take these with huge amounts of salt. They look like failed concepts to me. No way Cory barlog would have looked at Kratos with a beard and been like," Yea, that's it, then high fives everyone in the room".

I am so confused. How can Kratos jump into a new mythology? That makes no sense.

I am pretty sure the leak is a fake, and that SMS is not dumb enough to go with a protagonist from a different myth.
After the destruction at the end of three and thousands of years later (when the Vikings were around) there were new gods who replaced the old ones.

Done!

Because according to David Jaffe all the Gods exist at one time. Zeus and gang was just located around Greece. Norse would be further north and Ra is to the west at bit.

don't do it SSM, do not bring back Kratos unless its to kill him for good as an enemy, his story and arc is finished, there's no where for him to go.

I REALLY wish Santa Monica would try something new. Clearly a super talented bunch and they are kept making the same type of game over and over.

This series hasn't been milked as much as other big franchise, but I really do think that it needs a major shakeup. God of War 2 was a solid sequel to the first one, and many people here believe it was actually the peak of series. I also thought GoW 2 was phenomenal, so I agree.

I didn't play GoW 3 or Ascension, but the series certainly started to feel stale despite the critical and commercial acclaim of GoW 3.

A new character and setting would be completely welcomed by me. Hopefully, some new mechanics can also be added to make the gameplay deeper or more fresh.

it kinda got milked.

6 games in 7 years. They feel very similar, no matter how good they are.

They definitely were trying to capitalize with the handheld games. I can't comment on those, but I think they were successful.

I edited my original post a little bit, because I made a typo. I only have experience with the PS2 titles.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
I REALLY wish Santa Monica would try something new. Clearly a super talented bunch and they are kept making the same type of game over and over.

It's not like they didn't tried. But rumors say that the game wasn't very good (and to make things worst was too much like Destiny).

What if instead of an extended tale of revenge, this is a mystery. It involves a lot of killing, but Kratos is charged with solving a mystery. He's spent decades away from humanity, but something lures him north. Different kind of conflict, different mentality and outlook from the same character due to time and space from all the violence of his past.

zma1013

What if instead of an extended tale of revenge, this is a mystery. It involves a lot of killing, but Kratos is charged with solving a mystery. He's spent decades away from humanity, but something lures him north. Different kind of conflict, different mentality and outlook from the same character due to time and space from all the violence of his past.

Detective Kratos, voiced by Danny Devito

Harlequin

What an awful concept art, is the artist an amateur?
Just compare with GOW III http://www.neoseeker.com/god-of-war-iii/concept_art/

Not all concept art is polished to that level. Sometimes you only need a quick mock-up to explore different ideas but, of course, such rough sketches usually aren't officially released. So yeah, some of these being rough doesn't mean that the artist sucks or that these are fake (I'm not saying that they're real, either, though - no idea) but simply that they had to be done quickly and weren't deemed worthy of having more effort put into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom