• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: God of War 4 to be set in Norse Mythology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley327

Man I feel the same way. No more fixed camera.

But what about the dodge button? Where should they map it?

The PSP games had you hold down both shoulder buttons and dodge in the direction you pushed the nub. It worked really well (and, as a bonus, you never had to take your thumb off the buttons!), and I'd assume with two more shoulder buttons, you wouldn't even need to do that by assigning one of them as a dedicated dodge toggle.

You think you want that, but then you get an emo teen main character wearing a beany.

Change isn't always good and in gaming it is almost always bad.

You can't really go more emo teen than Kratos though.

"Boohoo my daddy is so mean to me. No one understands my suffering so may the world burn." That kind of thing.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I really don't know how to feel about this. I guess it depends on whether or not Kratos is still them protagonist of the game. If he is not, then just make a new ip.
Imagine how dumb they'd look if they made a game that was obviously similar to GOW and called it something completely different.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
So it's Kratos with a beard.

2016-04-0500_50_53-go5nok2.png

I don't particularly care about the mythology, but I will happily buy it so long as Kratos is dead and gone.

I'm in a similar boat. If Kratos returns as anything other than a boss (framed as a monster that destroyed the world) that you kill all in a thematically appropriate way, then that'll be real disappointing to me.

Even if I thought Kratos' story had a satisfying conclusion (which was bungled and had an undeserved "kratos is hope lol," angle), and even if I still liked him as a character, I wouldn't want to see any more of him. And I don't think he had a satisfying conclusion, nor do I still like him

There are myriad other mythologies I'd rather see too

Nev

Banned
Are they? The eagle head guy and the dog headed guy are more well known than Thor and Loki? The most well known Egyptian gods are the Pharroh from the 10 Commandments and Lucario.

Plus there's a character named Isis. Egyptian mythology is more legit though. I'm still not convinced Norse mythology was ever believed by anyone.

Do you really think Thor and Loki would be so popular if it weren't for Marvel? Hell I bet most people directly associate them to those characters and not the original mythological ones.

There's no way Ra and Anubis aren't more recognized than most norse gods, and without the help of a massive commercial franchise behind. You can show people a picture of Anubis and they will probably instantly recognize it or at least recognize it's an Egyptian god, now show them a picture of Odin or Freya.

I remember David Jaffe saying at one point that after killing Zeus he imagined Kratos killing the other gods from other mythologies because reasons.

Arkeband

Banned
These leaks are so fake, come on. He uses a hand axe to chop trees and make bridges?

One of the leaked tidbits is that you can brush up against vines? LOL

Papacheeks

Banned
God I hope to fuck Kratos is dead. Why would you bring Cory back and not move on to just a different character with maybe old kratos being the old man telling the story?

Ridley327

The environmental art looks rad (and colorful, too, which is much needed after how comparatively but intentionally drab Greece looked), but Kratos is so bleh, beard or no beard.

Do you really think Thor and Loki would be so popular if it weren't for Marvel? Hell I bet most people directly associate them to those characters and not the original mythological ones.

There's no way Ra and Anubis aren't more recognized than most norse gods, and without the help of a massive commercial franchise behind. You can show people a picture of Anubis and they will probably instantly recognize it or at least recognize it's an Egyptian god, now show them a picture of Odin or Freya.
But Thor and Loki are Marvel, so everything else you said is irrelevant. "Kratos v Thor" has pull.

Also people recognize Anubis but they know as much about him as they do about Odin, and far far less than Thor. It's just not true.

Memento

I dont believe these leaks AT ALL.

The "new" Kratos character model looks straight out of Souls character creation tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom