• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakurai details some returning rules, modes and options for smash WiiU

FSLink

Banned
Kongo Jungle 64, Hyrule Temple 64, Saffron City 64, and Dreamland 64 are the stages I want. :(
But not looking likely at all.

Foffy

Banned
The more and more we see of Smash on Wii U, the more I feel at ease. It seems to be avoiding every major mistake I found the 3DS version to support.

All I hope for is more substantial single player content mode - maybe a slightly expanded adventure mode - and trophies that represent a massive catalog of Nintendo history. The latter is where I was unfathomably disappointed with Smash 3DS. The game seemed more to support Nintendo's 3DS history and very little of Nintendo's handheld history, which I thought was one of the goals to represent more of Nintendo's handheld legacy in the portable version.

Peltz

I'm slightly unclear on SD Penalty. I'm assuming that stands for "suicide death penalty". How would that option work? It turns off penalties for suicides?

Wouldn't that get abused by players who've taken a lot of damage?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
All the retro stages PM added? Add those.

Other than Smashville it doesn't look like there are any Brawl stages I would care to see though.

Pulled this from /r/Smashbros - Great Cave Offensive double-confirmed!

pekmwAG.png

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Lylat Cruise?

That one is okay too I guess. I didn't like the way the Brawl version tilted but it's still one of the best Brawl stages. I wouldn't roll my eyes at its inclusion like a lot of others. Yoshi's Island is also good but I doubt it will be in both. Melee Yoshi Story is better anyway, give us that!

I kind of wish Sakurai could nab some of the PM modified stages. PS2, Green Hill, Rumble Falls, Norfair, Skyworld...

Metal B

That's one of my favorites from Brawl, but something tells me we might not see it back (since Pilotwings has it's tilting gimmick and there's already an Assault based Star Fox stage on Wii U)
We have two Animal Crossing Stages. which almost look identical. This should not be a problem.

That's one of my favorites from Brawl, but something tells me we might not see it back (since Pilotwings has it's tilting gimmick and there's already an Assault based Star Fox stage on Wii U)

1. It's the only choice for a Star Fox retro level unless they decided to make Corneria the stage on both versions
2. As far as I know, the voice actors for the cameos in that stage are credited in the 3DS version.

Top Bottom