• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big One

Banned
One thing I will say about Iwata outside of his programming era is that he always had the balls to take chances with things like the Gamecube, the Wii, the DS, the 3DS, and even the Wii U. He always pushed for innovation of hardware more than anywhere else, and while the Wii U did flop financially Nintendo has always made bank in his reign somehow or another and he did mostly an excellent job of carrying it's brand and it's own niche to quality software and unique gameplay experiences. Not many people in the industry are willing to consistently do this, especially in this era where the market pretty much demands for game consoles with more power above innovative concepts. Iwata could've easily did this with his reign but always went against the grain to do something fresh and unique in the gaming industry. RIP.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think a non-family death has ever hit me this hard. Damn.

Rest in peace, Mr. Iwata.

flux1

Don't even know what to say. I knew he had some problems recently, but the last time he was in public he looked fine....

Sad, just... sad.

Wanderer5

Well it wasn't a secret that he was having some issues. Damn so sad to see him gone. I will miss him in the Nintendo directs especially. RIP.:(

tuffy

Shocking news. Sad to lose such an enthusiastic gaming personality, and also sad to see the end of an era at Nintendo.

StayDead

I'm legit balling here.

It's as if a family member passed away.

Goodness this news is tough to swallow.

RIP.

I'm also being hit by this way harder than I'd ever imagine. This man helped create so many worlds I loved growing up and he was only one year younger than my mum. I just still can't believe it. I'm in shock.

Wulfric

And it seemed like he was getting better. He enjoyed his job, and you could see it in the Nintendo Directs and Iwata Asks. Just 55 too...

Condolences to his family and those who worked with him.

Duraigo

Saw someone link an article about this on tumblr and I outright called BS. Came to gaf to see if it was true, and sadly it is. A good man passed away today.

1337998530128006799.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom