• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elios83

So shocked right now :(
I didn't expect his cancer to be so advanced....even today they're not calling his illness by its name.

Rest in peace Iwata-san.

Oh man and he was supposed to get better... What a rubbish year. First Leonard Nimoy, then Christopher Lee, now Satoru Iwata. :(

RIP.
It's hard imagine future Directs without his charming way of presenting things, and what direction Nintendo might take now.

ZJirxL3.png

This has to be some sort of thread record, nearly one reply for every view.

Respect for Iwata outpouring.

RIP. I'm so fucking depressed right now.

IIRC gaf does that on every new thread.

Also can everyone please not quote whatever thing those fuckwits write upon Iwata's wiki.

gaheris

A legend, a developer that became President and who never lost his love of gaming is entering the next stage in the journey. Goodbye Mr. Iwata, condolences to your friends and family and may you live on in the games you helped shepard and the company you helmed.

Firecrest

Iwata, I understand... I understand that you were an amazing presence at Nintendo who was responsible for so many incredible things, and you're going to be severely missed.

Sigh.

Jigolo

tumblr_n71dsoCyFI1sv2maho2_r3_500.gif

Damnit. He was one of my favorites in the industry. Good sense of humor and all. Loved seeing Iwata in Directs.

This hit me like a ton of bricks. What in the world is this? This guy is one of the faces of Nintendo for me. My condolences to everyone in his family, company, and his fans.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
From Sakurai's twitter:

任天堂岩田社長が逝去されました。私にとって前の会社からの上司であり、立場を変え、場所を変えても一番の理解者でいてくださいました。努力家で、人徳者で、いつもバランスがよいまとめと提案を素早く導き出していました。考えられる限り最高のリーダーだったと思います。ご冥福をお祈りします。

Bing Translation: Nintendo President Iwata passed away. Me from former company boss changed position, and changing the location was in the most understanding person. By virtue, hard-working, always good summary and proposal to quickly derive. I was the leader of the best as far as possible. May you rest in peace!
I really can't put into words how I feel about this...Just the fact I wish condolenses to his family, his friends, and everyone at Nintendo.

& if we get an avatar thing going where we put something in our avatarsto pay our respects, let me know.

Zetta

Wow I thought this was some kind of sick joke, this is crazy. 55 is too young to pass away, RIP Mr. Iwata you will be missed.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, I was hoping he was in recovery. Man, this is so sudden. May he rest in peace.

Oh my God Iwata-san!! :(

I'm gonna miss him in the Directs. he was always a very nice presence and he genuinely seemed like a very nice person. Nintendo Directs just won't be the same.

I actually had no idea he was so sick.

Lebon14

Just saw this on my twitter. I was like "Wait, what?! That must be a joke. I must see if there's something about this on Neogaf."

Sure enough. With a link to a PDF on the official Japanese Nintendo website as proof.

Rest in Peace, Mr. Iwata. You will be missed; you were a legend. :( :( :(

Rootbeer

Banned
So heartbroken to hear this... and shocked. Just in total shock right now.

My heart is with all of his friends, loved ones and co-workers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom