• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAWi

At first I thought someone was just doing another, "What if blabaal happened and now you are the president of Nintendo"

.-. I can't. It feels horrible. RIP

TT-TT

Elitro

What a shock.

:(
grave.gif

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I haven't been the biggest fan of his overall direction as a business leader, but he seemed like one of the most fantastic guys to work with/for because of his background "in the trenches" of game development. Game companies have way too little of that kind of understanding at the top.

Really sad he had to go so soon. Rest in Dreamland.

AdanVC

I seriously want to cry. I was playing Splatoon when suddenly opened GAF and I saw the thread title... I tought it was a joke but then I saw the tweet...

Holy mother I really want to cry. Iwata was my hero and I admire him a lot. He did waaaay too much good for the gaming industry. You will be always remembered as the coolest CEO in gaming.

Rest in Peace, Iwata-San :'(

Holy crap now what's gonna happen with Nintendo? who will be the new CEO now!? Miyamoto???

fork_bomb

Banned
Nintendo is largely responsible for getting me involved in gaming at a young age.
This hits hard.
Rest in peace, Iwata, and thanks for all the years of running such an iconic, great company. I'll be praying for you.

Tagg9

Unbelievably sad! I was sure that he was much older than 55 and was decently healthy apart from the surgery he underwent last year.

Despite Nintendo's recent troubles, I though that Iwata was doing a respectable job of turning it around. Regardless of his business decisions, he was always so passionate about gaming and this truly came across in interviews with him (and Iwata Asks).

He will be truly missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom