• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

jholmes

The Game Center CX special where he plays Balloon Fight with Arino is just awesome.

I'm not the type to make posts like these, but anyone wanting to relive some memories of Iwata would do well to watch this if they haven't seen it. It's funny and Iwata talks about some of the neat programming things he did on Balloon Fight way, way back when.

Here is a scaled down version for avatars, with a white glow to detach it from the background. And the original. It's quick and dirty.

UuYjzQl.png

iCeihgr.png

Can I get this added to my avatar? Thank you.

I saw this on another site and had to do a double take. RIP Iwata. I really liked him as Nintendo's leader and am really sad to see him gone. Hopefully whoever replaces him at the job will do a great job

Converse

Banned
I am positively gutted. I have always stood by Mr. Iwata as Nintendo's leader -- it warmed my heart that the company was led by a creative rather than a suit. He always struck me as immensely thoughtful, deliberate and as innovative as he was humble. Listening to Iwata, I got the sense of a man who genuinely cared about the work that came from the company he led. This man contributed greatly to works such as EarthBound, Kirby, Super Smash Bros., Pokemon, the Wii, the DS series and the Wii U, not to mention his contributions to creative, straightforward, and intelligent communication, as he spearheaded projects such as Iwata Asks, Nintendo Direct and the transition into a digital E3. Video games owe him more than many folks might realize, and I consider the man a genius in his way.

Now that he's gone, it's the first time in more than 25 years as a fan that I worry for Nintendo's future. His was a steady and mindful guiding hand, and he will be missed. Immensely missed, as a leader and as a person.

My heart goes out to those close to him. He had so many more years to contribute.

NightOnyx

Extremely sad news! The man was a legend and helped shape the video game industry that I love so much. Tough to hear about his passing, especially with him still being so young. I am thankful for all he has done though, he truly was a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom