• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, the longer I sit here thinking about this, the harder it hits me. Such a huge loss for his family, friends, and the gaming world at large.

Salbug

Here is a scaled down version for avatars, with a white glow to detach it from the background. And the original. It's quick and dirty.

UuYjzQl.png

iCeihgr.png

May someone apply this to my avatar please?

I'm so sorry to hear that :( I genuinely think he's been good in his role, and had a legitimate vision for the company, regardless of how the Wii U sold. He'll be genuinely missed.

I don't think that card was ever actually acknowledged.
I'm pretty sure I remember *someone* at NoA last year mentioning /v/'s, GAF's and any other site's 'Get Well' cards (I'm assuming at least a couple sub-Reddits made one) getting received and they were going to try and forward them to Iwata.

Not sure if anyone from the SmashGaf chat reposted it, but we translated Sakurai's tweet:

“The president of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata has passed away. He was my former employer, but even when my situation and location changed, he was always the most understanding [of me and my work]. A hard worker and a virtuous man, he always supplied me with quick, fair guidance. I believe that he was the greatest leader I could have imagined. May you rest in peace.”

I'm really sad right now.

This is so sad,I actually don't know what to think. This is a huge loss for the video game industry. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

Wow, can't really believe it. Didn't believe it when I read it...really wasn't expecting it. I knew he was having health problems but thought he was getting better.

I don't really know what to say, very sudden.

RIP Mr. Iwata, you will be missed in this industry. Another great person leaving this life too soon.

Now if only Iwata could be a guest on Ryan Davis' Giant Heavencast ;_;

Ryan and Satoru are the two "celebrity" deaths that have hit me hardest, ever.

I don't even know what to do right now. Play Earthbound for the first time? Didn't he have a significant role in that game's development?

You should probably get on this.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
He took on too many challenges, and would hardly write something off completely. That I believe has contributed to a lot of stress.

RIP Iwata.

Jesus.

I suppose we should've seen this coming; he had been sitting out a few E3s and there were all the doctor visits we'd heard about, but... I didn't realize it was that bad.

I mean, I was worried about Miyamoto's health, so Iwata dying's kinda blindsided me. Damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom