• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound delayed to 2017

thereyougo.gif

I think the game looked really bad in the demo they showed. I won't be surprised if they push it all the way to the end of 2017.

LKSmash

I appreciate when developers (or publishers) make the smart decision to get a game out of a crowded time and give it some extra time for polish. Looking forward to this next year.

Probably for the beSt. .. holiday release dates for titles like these generally seems to be disastrous to this point. They keep getting lost in the fold.

Performance looked rough, so it's probably for the better.

This leaves a pretty big hole in the XB1's lineup this year, though. Time for another surprise moneyhat?

:p

Not really. It would be forgotten if launched this holiday. MS has Gears 4, Halo Wars 2, and Sea of Thieves for that period.

Alx

I'm a bit surprised since Platinum usually meets its deadlines, but if it means the game is ambitious, then go for it. Better delayed than rushed, it's probably one of their major productions, unlike smaller games like Korra or Transformers.

Kind off topic, but why do so many people expect Horizon to be delayed?

The game has been in development for over 3 years now, and GG are an efficient developer. So what are all of these so-sure claims based on? Especially when their last game shipped 2 years ago.

Mathieran

Banned
And so it begins. The first domino has fallen.

Even though I don't and probably won't ever have an Xbox I am excited for this game. I hope to borrow one from someone at some point so I check it out. I am sure it will be great when it's done.

Hopefully there won't be many more delayed games this year.

Nameless

Good for Scalebound--it could've run into another RoTR situation and gotten lost in the shuffle if it came out this holiday season.

Jb

That didn't take long. I just want this game to be awesome and really successful for both Platinum and MS, so it's fine by me. XB1 should have enough heavy hitters for 2016 to make up for it.

jelly

I keep assuming that ReCore is 2017.

It's going to be nice 2016 reveal release surprise or it's totally not coming out until 2017. Betting on the latter.

Hell, Crackdown would be rather surprising to hit a 2016 release with all that server destruction stuff being a first. I could imagine that part getting delayed at least.

Famassu

Lulziez, like I said in the Simplygames "release date leak" thread earlier today, this was one of the forerunners for a delay to 2017. There was no way that Kamiya was going to deliver an ambitious Xbone game in only a little over 3 years after Wonderful 101, not with how much more time one needs to develop Xbone level content, how super rough & early the Gamescom footage still looked, how big this game will supposedly be, how much Platinum has had on their plate after Wonderful 101 with finishing Bayonetta 2 & developing Korra, Transformers & now a TMNT game and there being an online coop mode that will require extensive testing.

Didn't expect them to delay it this early into the year, though. Lulz.

Mid to late 2017 at earliest.

Performance looked rough, so it's probably for the better.

This leaves a pretty big hole in the XB1's lineup this year, though. Time for another surprise moneyhat?

:p

The game was over a year out, I can't believe people are still complaining about the performance, unfinished game is not finished, hardly a surprise

I figured there would be delays on the games I had my eyes on. I planned on picking up an Xbox One for Scalebound and ReCore. I wonder if ReCore will be delayed too.

No offence, but why would you plan to pick up a console to play a game we haven't even seen gameplay for yet?

I don't think we heard from Guerilla that it's 2016.

They've said many times that they're targeting 2016, but I'm sure Sony will be open to delaying it into 2017 to give it all the time it needs.

So whens far cry primal getting delayed?

please dont be

Isn't that due to release in about 6 weeks? Should be going gold in about a fortnight.

So you've had delays to Starfox, Scalebound and Project Guard. One has to wonder if Platinum Games has bitten off more than they can chew and is a Nier Automata delay next?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
No offence, but why would you plan to pick up a console to play a game we haven't even seen gameplay for yet?

They've said many times that they're targeting 2016, but I'm sure Sony will be open to delaying it into 2017 to give it all the time it needs.

Isn't that due to release in about 6 weeks? Should be going gold in about a fortnight.

...Wait a second, what do we know about Far Cry: Primal right now? I fear it's not that much, honestly. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well I'm not super suprised by this but it still sucks. My most anticipated Xbox game of 2016 is now my most anticipated Xbox game of 2017.

It would probably benefit Scalebound if it was released outside of the holidays, maybe early 2017 when there is less big hitters being released.

Either way, I dont mind. Looking forward to it, but Id rather it be polished than be released with problems.

PerZona

Good to hear that the delay it for a year. The game looks really rough and it looks like it has major performance issues. Battles doesn't really look that hot either, probably I was expecting a action combo game like Bayonetta. I can imagine the game might probably look quite different in 2017 though.

Top Bottom