• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound delayed to 2017

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
It's not like MS do it for every game and sccordibg to ntkrnl it was originally due in March 2016. Things get delayed, it happens

Yeah, no. They do it for every game.

They just gotta have those shitty CG trailers at their conferences.

And now we're here waiting forever for Black Tusk's game and Phantom Dust.

Famassu

Did Scalebound ever have a specific date?
Not a date but MS foolishly claimed it's a 2016 title even though they probably knew perfectly well that it was an impossible aim. They just clearly tried to desperately make Xbone's closer future seem better at a time when their sales were shit & they had nothing interesting coming within two years of E3 2014 apart from the usual Forzas & Halos.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Damnit. At least they announced the delay early as opposed to a few months before release. =/

One of my most wanted games, probably set for Q1 2017.

Really hope Inafume and Armature Games can get ReCore out by next fall.

Zedox

Sad that it happened, understand why it did. I hope to see ReCore gameplay and hope it's not delayed but I do want to see it.

But it does begin the delays of 2016.

Let's mark the day of when "2017 is packed!"

Brofield

Thank God.

Means I can make 2016 my NX year and I can put off buying an Xbone until 2017.

As karma for being thankful for this delay, Horizon Zero Dawn will make the hat trick for a delay to 2018

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
owxzNDC.jpg
Not that it's a bad thing.

GooWop

This industry needs more Bethesdas and less Microsofts.

These three-year "hype" cycles are tiring as fuck.

I def agree, but to be fair it isn't just MS. I can think of hella culprits as it seems everything gets delayed recently

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Kind off topic, but why do so many people expect Horizon to be delayed?

The game has been in development for over 3 years now, and GG are an efficient developer. So what are all of these so-sure claims based on? Especially when their last game shipped 2 years ago.

Maybe because almost every single first party developed Sony game this generation has been delayed at least once?

I'm not worried at all. Microsoft has a pretty packed line up for 2016, so giving Scalebound more time to shine and putting more focus on it in 2017 is a good thing.

Honestly after hearing that line from Kamiya about production going faster than he was used to or expected, I think this is a good thing. It sounded a little bit like they were rushing the game and I honestly wasn't that impressed by what they showed off before, so I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do with the time they have.

Not really. It would be forgotten if launched this holiday. MS has Gears 4, Halo Wars 2, and Sea of Thieves for that period.

No way Sea of Thieves is out this year. I don't think Crackdown will be either.

It's not like MS do it for every game and sccordibg to ntkrnl it was originally due in March 2016. Things get delayed, it happens

Not "every" game, just a significant proportion. MS have made a real habit this gen of revealing their games a long, long time before they're ready for release. Often with a CGI trailer.

...Wait a second, what do we know about Far Cry: Primal right now? I fear it's not that much, honestly. Correct me if I'm wrong.

There's quite a lot of footage out there, although I'm a bit sick of the FC formula so it's definitely a wait and see for me. I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be releasing in February?

Shredderi

So is "everything is coming in 2017" the new "everything is coming in 2016"?

It always is. Every year it feels like the next year is gonna be the "dream year" and we never actually get it. Horizon being "targeted" to launch in 2017 with the dev team saying that if they feel they'll need to delay to 2017 they will, is all pretty straightforward code for "start preparing them for the delay early on".

Battles doesn't really look that hot either, probably I was expecting a action combo game like Bayonetta. I can imagine the game might probably look quite different in 2017 though.

It'll still be an RPG. People who expect another character action game will be disappointed. Personally, as much as I love the genre, I appreciate that they're doing something different.

Really looking forward to this, Guess I'll have to wait a little longer.

Thank God.

Means I can make 2016 my NX year and I can put off buying an Xbone until 2017.

As karma for being thankful for this delay, Horizon Zero Dawn will make the hat trick for a delay to 2018

Yeah, I really have to look at my game purchases this year and reassess based on console/VR release schedules. It won't be a bad thing if a bunch of stuff is moved to 2017.

Trago

After Tomb Raider, they're gonna want to keep exclusive releases the fuck away major third party releases if they want to maximize sales.

Also, DELAY GENERATION!

Just realized, this means that much longer if a wait for Platinums next AAA title as well. Or is Platinum capable of doing multiple AAA games at the same time now? I'm excited for TMNT and Nier 2, but I'm jonesing for their next new IP or sequel to one of their IP's as well.

Genio88

That's a bad news, i was looking forward for that game...well 2016 still has lot of great games, if they won't be delayed too of course

Akiller

how much Platinum has had on their plate after Wonderful 101 with finishing Bayonetta 2 & developing Korra, Transformers & now a TMNT game and there being an online coop mode that will require extensive testing.

Didn't expect them to delay it this early into the year, though. Lulz.

Mid to late 2017 at earliest.

Scalebound team is on his own, Kamiya also said on twitter time ago that it is not team Wonderful which is developing SB, so i guess they just needed more polish time and a less crowded release time. Bayo 2,Korra and Transformers were made by different P* teams.

It always is. Every year it feels like the next year is gonna be the "dream year" and we never actually get it. Horizon being "targeted" to launch in 2017 with the dev team saying that if they feel they'll need to delay to 2017 they will, is all pretty straightforward code for "start preparing them for the delay early on".

There will be more delays, yes. On the other hand, a ton of potentially great games will release fairly soon (Hitman, Uncharted 4, The Witness, Dark Souls 3), so I don't think the year as a whole will suffer. just like 2015.

KevinCow

Banned
This could have used a SHOCKING NEWS in the thread title.

Recore may be next.

Was Recore ever given even a tentative 2016 release date? I assumed it was at least a couple years out when they revealed it with just a CGI trailer and no gameplay or even gameplay details. Like have they even told us what kind of game it is yet?

Kind off topic, but why do so many people expect Horizon to be delayed?

The game has been in development for over 3 years now, and GG are an efficient developer. So what are all of these so-sure claims based on? Especially when their last game shipped 2 years ago.

A game that's supposedly massive in scale, in a genre that they've never developed for, for which the bar has recently been raised (TW3), which seems to be doing a lot of very impressive stuff, tech-wise. I can definitely see it being delayed - especially when coupled with the fact that new IPs often drown in the pre-Christmas period, so I don't doubt Sony are open to the idea of a delay into 2017 if Guerrilla need more time.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
From what I remember, companies usually wait for the end of the fiscal quarter to announce delays.
That might be true for your Take-Two, EA, Ubi, ActiBlizz's of the world but not Microsoft. Scalebound doesn't even register.

MrDaravon

Yeah, companies have to stop announcing shit so fucking early, it's tiring and really kills any hype or momentum for a game for me. They obviously should take whatever time they need, but having a game that has supposedly been in development since 2013, announced at E3 2014, and being delayed to 2017 one week into 2016 is just fucking ridiculous. It doesn't extend the hype train for me, it just makes me skeptical and wary. MS is hardly the only developer guilty of this though, see SMTxFE for a recent hot example.

w0s

I'm happy they are adding time. Seeing as I really only play my xb1 these days for exclusives I would rather they be the best they can feasible be.

Top Bottom