• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCE Japan/Asia press conference to be held on 9/9 [JP launch date will be announced]

Arzehn

Looks like we won't have to wait long for more news. :D I hope some of the stuff Verendus has hinted at is there.

JABEE

I wonder if they will be announcing their plans to launch PS4 in Asian territories. I bet you they still launch in Japan. I'm pretty sure India was already confirmed and wasn't on the list of 32. Maybe a December launch?

Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Asia, will hold "SCEJA Press Conference 2013" as a forum for sales strategy in the PlayStation business in Japan on Monday the 9th September.

In addition, we also plan to have live coverage from the PlayStation ® official Twitter account and domestic streaming on the PlayStation ® official site on the day of the event.

Elios83

Nice! At least we won't have to wait a full month to see a few japanese games.
After the announcement of the US/Euro release dates today I was confident that the Japanese launch would be delayed until next year but this news might mean that there's hope for a japanese launch just before Christmas.
Why bothering with a dedicated event just before TGS to announce that you're lauching in 2014? Doesn't make a lot of sense, in that case it would be better to wait for TGS and make all your announcements there using that event.
We'll see how things unfold :p

I really wonder what they think of all this. Those that want a high end system are pretty much wanting a PS4. They have those kind of gamers locked up there. There was a time when they got everything first and now a Japanese company (along with an american one) is pushing them behind Chile. Their gen is going to be that much longer than ours. It must be killing them.

It's good, because even if this conference doesn't deliver much, TGS follows like 12 days afterwards.
two chances for The Last Guardian to show

Top Bottom