• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCE Japan/Asia press conference to be held on 9/9 [JP launch date will be announced]

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Mark Cerny to head press conference
Introduces Yu Suzuki

Announces Shenmue 4 coming to PlayStation 4
People on the internet go wtf, what happened to 3?

Mark Cerny announces Shenmue 3 right after. Available for PlayStation 3 TODAY

NeoGAF dies

BGgUOYBCcAAWbEZ.jpg:large

Pennywise

TGS isn't until the 19th. So, I'm guessing these are two separate events. Sales strategies sounds like release plans.

Yeah, I wonder if there will be a release this year.

But streaming the event outside of Japan sound's pretty weird if it's only about release plans.

I'm guessing announcements that interest us (games) won't be till the their press conference on the 19th, no?

One of them has got to have nothing to do with us given the little space between the two; wouldn't make sense to split content between the two.

So, i'm guessing that this is where Gravity Rush 2 will be unveiled.

Hopefully this will be entirely focused on Japanese games, and with a special focus on games coming to the PS4.

Arzehn

He never said they would be shown at TGS, he only offered speculation on what might be good times to show them.

Original quote was just me wanting to see them there. :)

I hope this event is more than just release info, hopefully they have some game announcements here and TGS as well.

People are seriously expecting The Last Guardian? It's as good as vaporware.

Most likely Sony will focus on Square, Capcom, and other Japanese developers centered on content favorable to that audience.

Logash

Finally! I want me some Japanese games. Don't get me wrong, I'm really excited about the western games but we have been talking about them for so long it feels like the Japanese games don't even exist.

What Japan centric games does Sony have in the pipeline for PS4's launch window? I just don't see our friends in the east going for the standard western FPS fare that will likely dominate PS4 sales charts in other parts of the world. Knack, perhaps? Final Fantasy is a long ways off at this point.

Mark Cerny to head press conference
Introduces Yu Suzuki

Announces Shenmue 4 coming to PlayStation 4
People on the internet go wtf, what happened to 3?

Mark Cerny announces Shenmue 3 right after. Available for PlayStation 3 TODAY

NeoGAF dies

BGgUOYBCcAAWbEZ.jpg:large

Don't forget Shenmue HD collection for Vita, remastered and remixed with alternate voice overs.

Aspiring

There wont be any other launch games announced will there? Didn't they already put out a list of countries it will be released in and games by December 31? they wont add more after announcing. Or will they?

I wonder if this is going to be like the 07 Playstation Premiere? That happened three days after an E3 for Sony that was heavily focused on western games. That event ended up being loaded with announcements. Valkyria Chronicles, Dynasty Warriors 6, MGO and Disgaea 3 were announced there. Along with updates on a bunch of previously announced games like FFXIII and MGS4.

There wont be any other launch games announced will there? Didn't they already put out a list of countries it will be released in and games by December 31? they wont add more after announcing. Or will they?

Well if PS4 doesn't launch until, say, March, then there's room to show brand new titles (including third parties)

Top Bottom